PDA

View Full Version : Pick the Fine of the Week Game

stlrtruck
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Ok so here we are with Harrison receiving another fine for playing football.

So let's start a new weekly game (there are no real prizes other than bragging rights).

What Steeler player this week will get fined and for what?

stlrtruck
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Polamalu - for a hit on Palmer after he runs an INT back for a TD and in the process runs over Palmer.

fansince'76
11-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Polamalu - for voicing displeasure with Der Kommissar (under the guise of something he does against the Bengals of course, but the fact that he called the assclown out in the media will be the real reason).

Devilsdancefloor
11-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Troy for a hit on benson (bit really for speaking out against Der Kommish)

Mtn.Steel
11-04-2010, 02:28 PM
This how I see it.
Harrison has a clean shot at Palmer. In an effort to avoid another fine he keeps his head up, goes low and breaks both of Palmers femurs and knee caps. Palmer has both legs amputated and Harrison has severe neck damage. Both men barely live and both careers are finished. "The Asshole" then comes on his presser and talks about he liked the play and it was just what he talked about in having players change their style. No fines...all thumbs up! I hope that asshat dies in a house fire tonight!!!!

Wallace108
11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Harrison with a hit to the helmet. What do I win? :nervous:

salamander
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM

Yepp. We have ourselves a winner. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM

An all expenses paid trip to the basement! :buttkick::whip:

HollywoodSteel
11-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Ryan Clark on Shipley coming across the middle. Clark is usually the guy with the questionable hits.

ALLD
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Polamalu for a helemet to helmet after the WR dives down and causes the "improper" contact. Goodell will rule that it was incidental, but still a fine.

Count Steeler
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Any hit by Polamalu that remotely looks like an infraction. The Commish must be pissed that the best player in the league is against him right now.

I said a few weeks ago that we will not lose to teams, we will only beat ourselves. Well, I am mistaken, the Commish has our defense playing on egg shells now. Look for a free for all on Monday night. 35-31. Just as the Commish would like it.

Moose
11-05-2010, 01:51 AM
I think Polamalu is more likely to get the fines this game. It seems Harrison is pulling up some on his hits, but Troy will be in the limelight because of his statement about the goatdell azzwipe commish and I don't think Troy is going to hold back a good drill when able to make one. Maybe that's what we need, EVERYONE on the team to take a week for a smack down, that way it's not always 1 person getting fined...we could split it up amongst the whole defense !! Harrison one week, Troy one week, the CB's take turns, etc.etc. then start over again. LOL. What's the charge for taking out a zebra a time or two ?? Planting a zebra could be interesting too ?

Wallace108
11-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Ryan Clark on Shipley coming across the middle. Clark is usually the guy with the questionable hits.
Ryan Clark is a safe bet. :thumbsup:

An all expenses paid trip to the basement! :buttkick::whip:
So I get to stay home. :doh2:

SirHulka
11-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Wrong, wrong, wrong. The first fine will be on Harrison, $35,000. It will be for showing up. Polamalu gets the 2nd fine, and Tomlin the third, for allowing them to play.

solardave
11-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Polamalu - for a hit on Palmer after he runs an INT back for a TD and in the process runs over Palmer.

AGAIN!!!

I say Timmons for great tackling. They're going to start fining for great tackling.

stlrtruck
11-05-2010, 06:15 AM
So I get to stay home. :doh2:

Yeah, but I'm thinking we'll reward you an easy job...say cleaning up after Buddha! Ain't like the Steelers play Sunday, you'll have plenty of time to finish up before Monday night's game.

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Troy for taking a page out of Anthony Smith's playbook and knocking out Stinko Crotcho's gold teef again. Troy doesn't get the fine for the hit - he gets the fine for refusing to pick 'em up and hand 'em back like he did the last time. :heh:

salamander
11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be Troy. He said some mean things about Mr. Commisioner so now Mr. Commisioner is gonna have it out against Troy who's a big meanie.

Texasteel
11-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Harrison, for unnecessary roughness, when he high fived a hot dog vendor as he ran onto the field.

SteelerSal
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
The whole Steelers roster for wearing helmets on the field.

stlrtruck
11-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Now this one makes absolutely positively more sense than anything else. Every Steelers player gets a $10,000 fine for showing up, $5,000 fine for putting on their helmets, and $5,000 for playing defense (even on offense).

:thumbsup:

SteelerSal
11-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Now this one makes absolutely positively more sense than anything else. Every Steelers player gets a $10,000 fine for showing up, $5,000 fine for putting on their helmets, and $5,000 for playing defense (even on offense).

:thumbsup:

:lol:

Wallace108
11-05-2010, 09:55 AM

That's interesting. :scratchchin:

You NEVER see helmet-to-helmet contact in Australian football. If the NFL wants to eliminate helmet-to-helmet contact, all they need to do is eliminate the helmets. :thumbsup:

SteelMember
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
That's interesting. :scratchchin:

You NEVER see helmet-to-helmet contact in Australian football. If the NFL wants to eliminate helmet-to-helmet contact, all they need to do is eliminate the helmets. :thumbsup:

That sounds like something Roger would do. Except just for the Defensive players. We still need to protect the "faces of the league". :doh:

Wallace108
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM
That sounds like something Roger would do. Except just for the Defensive players. We still need to protect the "faces of the league". :doh:

Or just have offensive players wear viking helmets.
This kind:

http://images.villagehatshop.com/media/viking-helmet_horns_lrg.jpg

Not this kind:

http://www.mapkernow.com/nfl-football-helmets/minnesota-vikings-authentic-pro-line-revolution-full-size-riddell-helmet.jpg

Butch
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM

Amen Brother Sal and then when they take them off they will get fined for that as well.

Butch
11-05-2010, 10:48 AM
All of Steeler Nation for showing up at NFL Headquarters and lining up to Punch Go To Hell Godell in his fat freakin' face!!!

I'm 1st!!!

Pristas
11-05-2010, 10:51 AM
All of Steeler Nation for showing up at NFL Headquarters and lining up to Punch Go To Hell Godell in his fat freakin' face!!!

I'm 1st!!!

There should be an app for that. I'd buy it for $.99

Butch
11-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Mike Taylor (local sports radio guy here in San Antonio) has a segment called people I wanna punch. I have called in on Godell in the past I think I'm gonna start doing it every week.

stlrtruck
11-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Mike Taylor (local sports radio guy here in San Antonio) has a segment called people I wanna punch. I have called in on Godell in the past I think I'm gonna start doing it every week.

We should all call. From all over the place, that would probably blow his mind.

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
We should all call. From all over the place, that would probably blow his mind.

That pompous veejayjay wouldn't care. He's too into himself and his high and mighty position to give two shits what anyone thinks of him.

Butch - I'm right behind ya buddy! :thumbsup:

O'Malley
11-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Roethlisberger for a helmet to helmet on a D linemen. The linemen will hit him helmet to helmet and Ben will get fined. Am I the only one who notices how Ben is a free target every play and gets hit helmet to helmet a lot but no flags or fines? The whole defense will end up playing for free this year when is all said and done. Harrison will have to pay to play this year. I am so sick of this shit. I have not posted in a few days to try and cool off, but I am still just as pissed.

HometownGal
11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Guess Goodildo should start fining both OL and DLmen. Hell - they hit helmet to helmet on every play. :jerkit:

O'Malley
11-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Guess Goodildo should start fining both OL and DLmen. Hell - they hit helmet to helmet on every play. :jerkit:

Damn sure do. This whole thing is shit. This is no longer football. It is affecting two teams Ravens and the Steelers. The Ravens Bills game was a great example of how defenders are shying away from hitting. Teams without D's to begin with are now contenders and it is a level playing field in their minds. You no longer need a D you need to score 45 points a game. Welcome to the new era of "football".

Fuck you Goodell.:monkey: