PDA

View Full Version : Starkey: Bengals revert to form

stillers4me
11-04-2010, 07:47 AM
By Joe Starkey (jraystarkey@gmail.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 4, 2010

Only an idiot would have predicted the Cincinnati Bengals to repeat as AFC North champions.

I'm an idiot.

I should have listened to the people who ridiculed me, who pelted me with rocks and garbage, who told me it was insane to think the Bengals would build on their success of 2009. This franchise treats success the way Randy Moss treats caterers ("I wouldn't feed this to my dog," Moss reportedly said Friday, as workers served his soon-to-be-former Minnesota Vikings teammates).

The Bengals have not made the playoffs in back-to-back years since 1982. They have not won a playoff game since Jan. 6, 1991, nine months before another forlorn sports franchise — your Pittsburgh Pirates — most recently recorded a postseason victory.

I should have listened to Hines Ward and LaMarr Woodley in training camp, when I asked them if adding Terrell Owens to a Bengal mix that already included the likes of Chad Ochocinco, Pac Man Jones, Tank Johnson and Antonio Bryant (before he was cut) could possibly work...............................

Read more..........http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_707546.html

Devilsdancefloor
11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Nice read

Psycho Ward 86
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
This is all true, but I still think teams the Bengals, Vikings, and the Chargers are especially dangerous teams. People are going to underestimate them even though they are immensely talented. Albeit, they haven't lived up to their potential, but I bet the Bengals are going to go at it for a divisional game and give us a nasty bum-fight-of-a-game.