PDA

View Full Version : Obama's trip to India will cost taxpayers 200 Million a day .

venom
11-03-2010, 06:41 AM
The empty suit Obama will be traveling to India for a 10 day visit that will cost taxpayers over $ 200 Million a day. If you don't have a calculator , thats 2 Billion dollars total. Anyone here see a problem with this besides me ?

The WH
11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't see how that's possible.

Do you have numbers to back this up, or is this straight from Beck's mouth?

venom
11-03-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-to-spend-200-mn-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit-64106

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1325075/Obama-India-visit-Biggest-US-President-40-planes-6-armoured-cars.html

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-raleigh/obama-to-cost-taxpayers-200-million-a-day-on-india-trip

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/US-to-spend-200m-a-day-on-Obamas-Mumbai-visit/articleshow/6862467.cms

Here some websites for you to read . You probably get your news from Comedy Central's Jon Stewart- thats why you didn't hear about it .

The WH
11-03-2010, 01:01 PM
or because i dont live in the states and 24 hour news doesn't dominate my life.

venom
11-03-2010, 01:05 PM
It doesn't dominate mine either. But if you have a guy who's clueless like Obama in every way, its gets to you.

The WH
11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
It doesn't dominate mine either. But if you have a guy who's clueless like Obama in every way, its gets to you.

Maybe he's going there to see what their living conditions are like. So when your taxes get so high and you have to sell your house he can say ''this isnt suffering, i've been to India, that is suffering''

or maybe he's attending a FDACSOOA convention....

heheheheheh

smokin3000gt
11-03-2010, 01:20 PM
or because i dont live in the states and 24 hour news doesn't dominate my life.

Maybe it would if you lived in the states and his policies affect you as much as they affect us.

The WH
11-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Maybe it would if you lived in the states and his policies affect you as much as they affect us.
His policies have an affect on me. Anything that those goofs up on Capital Hill dream up that has an affect on the American Dollar or peoples will to spend it have a nearly immediate and large affect on the job market here.

SteelMember
11-03-2010, 01:43 PM
3,000 people... most of it security.

Seems a bit excessive, but I guess the cost of surveillance has gone up too. :rolleyes:

and what the hell... are we paying the "reporters" to be there, or just for their "stories".

I guess my real question is, how much more is it costing for him to go here in relation to some other eastern country? :noidea:

smokin3000gt
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
His policies have an affect on me. Anything that those goofs up on Capital Hill dream up that has an affect on the American Dollar or peoples will to spend it have a nearly immediate and large affect on the job market here.

The world economy affects all of us to an extent but certainly not as much as those living there. If it affects you guys that much up there, imagine how much more it affects us living, working, and paying taxes here.

The WH
11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
The world economy affects all of us to an extent but certainly not as much as those living there. If it affects you guys that much up there, imagine how much more it affects us living, working, and paying taxes here.
I know....I lived in the States for the first 26 years of my life. I was there for everything from Reaganomics to the Bank Bailouts. My life has only consisted of Volvo, Meatballs, and gershy bershy fershy dersky Swedish for a year.

venom
11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Maybe he's going there to see what their living conditions are like. So when your taxes get so high and you have to sell your house he can say ''this isnt suffering, i've been to India, that is suffering''

or maybe he's attending a FDACSOOA convention....

heheheheheh

Or maybe he will have a cameo in Slumdog Millionaire 2

smokin3000gt
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
My life has only consisted of Volvo, Meatballs, and gershy bershy fershy dersky Swedish for a year. Fair enough. BTW I don't blame ya for leaving :wink02:

The WH
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Or maybe he will have a cameo in Slumdog Millionaire 2
didn't they start filming that in Detroit like a year ago?

The WH
11-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Fair enough. BTW I don't blame ya for leaving :wink02:
not a day goes by without me missing the US in someway. Be it for my old favorite waterin' holes, good pizza, readily available Steeler football, Pen's games, my friends that actually spoke english well enough that I di-d-n't have t-o ar-t-i-cu-la-te ev-er-y sy-ll-a-ble, or when I just for some reason miss PennDot road cones (pittsburgh joke).

7SteelGal43
11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
let's not forget the cost of shipping his teleprompter.

Mach1
11-03-2010, 03:07 PM

And his golf clubs.

SteelMember
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM

You laugh, but he really IS taking it.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/obama-and-his-trusted-aide-to-make-their-indian-debut/134305-3.html

Hindes204
11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Two Billion for a trip to India, yet they are talking about cutting military pay and retirement benefits.......doesnt seem right to me

pepsyman1
11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
The source of this story is someone in the Maharashtra Government...that doesn't mean that it's accurate. I will be the first to admit that 3000 people for security is way over the top, but the UK story says that the bill will be hundreds of thousands of pounds. That's way short of $200 million a day.

7SteelGal43
11-03-2010, 06:06 PM
You laugh, but he really IS taking it.

oh I know, that's why I mentioned it.

Hindes204
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
The white house told mediamatters.com this

White House spokesman Matt Lehrich responded, "The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it's safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated."

Thats a relief, glad they cleared it up :sarcasm2:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201011030032

urgle burgle
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
just on a note here....as i have been trying to get the real situation on this.....
the info given is from an Indian source....i would specualte that it is not as high as the numbers given. the admin and Pentagon have said it is "comical" etc., but would not disclose any numbers to cooberate anything. what i find funny is that i watched rachel maddow who of course was screaming about right wing noise trying to make this a true fact, while it is an actual lie. her reasoning for this is because the WH and Pentagon dismissed it. the same maddow who, never before, would trust the Pentagon concerning anything else.
funny that

GBMelBlount
11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
I know....I lived in the States for the first 26 years of my life. I was there for everything from Reaganomics to the Bank Bailouts. My life has only consisted of Volvo, Meatballs, and gershy bershy fershy dersky Swedish for a year.

:lol: ROFLMAO WH! That was funny!

I have been so busy I just heard this too. wow. I am not up on security costs but this does seem a bit....excessive...and I doubt it showcases our cost competitiveness in the world arena. lol.

GBMelBlount
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
The source of this story is someone in the Maharashtra Government...that doesn't mean that it's accurate. I will be the first to admit that 3000 people for security is way over the top, but the UK story says that the bill will be hundreds of thousands of pounds. That's way short of $200 million a day.

Fair enough friend. Hopefully we will see how this all ferrets out.

GBMelBlount
11-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Two Billion for a trip to India, yet they are talking about cutting military pay and retirement benefits.......doesnt seem right to me

You know Hindes. Rarely is anyone 100% consistent and I am no different... if there is one area that I believe should be the last that we have cuts in, it is military pay and their retirement benefits.

That goes for police and firemen too.

Just sayin.

The WH
11-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Amend this to the headline please

but will bring in 8 Billion in profits to US businesses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11703626

The Patriot
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
This. is. not. true.