PDA

View Full Version : OL Analysis Steelers vs Saints

Steeldude
11-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Below is the play by play break down of the offensive line from the Sunday week 8 game versus the New Orleans Saints. It is merely a pass or fail grade on if I think the lineman did his job or not. It also should be noted that we go under assumptions that we know what the assignment on each play was and sometimes it is not obvious. We have to grade on what we see and go from there. We added small notes to each play as well. As always if you disagree with any play, do so respectfully in the comments and give your reason so I can go back through and re-watch your disagreement. I did not include the first half kneel down to end the half in the total stats as those are just easy ways to pad stats and not a true reflection. I also included Doug Legursky who saw 2 back to back snaps as the right tight end on the goal line fiasco. This was perhaps the worst game by the offensive line as a collective unit I have seen in a long time.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/11/steelers-offensive-line-breakdown-play-by-play-versus-saints-week-8/

tube517
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
While Sunday night was bad, I think that Philly game in 2008 was worse.

Steeldude
11-02-2010, 12:27 PM

and arians still hasn't figured how to defend against it. the giants' game was bad too.

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2010, 05:05 PM

OH MY GOD don't even talk about that game :dizzy:

Austin87
11-03-2010, 03:50 AM
The O-Line needs to rebound from this and I don't like that they started Essex over Legurskey at RG. Legurskey played well enough when he was starting.