PDA

View Full Version : Question about this part of the forum ...

Shea
06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I noticed that another thread within this section was closed, and not an ideal thread to use as an example of the point I want to make due to what Suit said and posted that went WAY OVERBOARD with language and name-calling, but .....

I understand that the Mods want to keep the board friendly, and I actually agree with that, but here in this section of the forum, like the night club, can we have a bit more freedom?

X-Terminator
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
I noticed that another thread within this section was closed, and not an ideal thread to use as an example of the point I want to make due to what Suit said and posted that went WAY OVERBOARD with language and name-calling, but .....

I understand that the Mods want to keep the board friendly, and I actually agree with that, but here in this section of the forum, like the night club, can we have a bit more freedom?

No, it's NOT an ideal thread to use as an example.

While this forum was created for smack talk and slapping around trolls, it was NOT created as a forum to personally attack other members, and certainly not in the manner in the thread you mentioned. As it says in the forum description, the COC still applies.

I am not understanding why this is so unreasonable.

Shea
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Like I said, the thread isn't an ideal example.

But shutting down threads when boys will be boys, when it didn't happen before on SF might backfire.

I like watching and reading debates, although Revs took it to a level that any adult would know better.

I'm just worried that with the new site there will be changes.

We don't need changes, we just needed another site.

And thank you three for that!

Mattsme
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I am not understanding why this is so unreasonable.

It wasn't unreasonable at all. That thread was, how do I put this without violating the rules? I guess I'll leave it at that. I feel like I lost brain cells reading what little bit of it that I did.

Shea
06-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I think I'm not getting across the message that I want to.

Suit, F'ed up big time in his posts in that thread, and the language and name calling shouldn't be tolerated from ANYONE.

I just see this bleeding into other areas and threads where the language is different and you XT jumping the ship to put the bud on something that has always taken place in order to put an end to it.

I think that's the start of something dangerous to the health of the new board since it's something that hasn't happened even on the old board.

Am I making sense yet?

X-Terminator
06-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Like I said, the thread isn't an ideal example.

But shutting down threads when boys will be boys, when it didn't happen before on SF might backfire.

I like watching and reading debates, although Revs took it to a level that any adult would know better.

I'm just worried that with the new site there will be changes.

We don't need changes, we just needed another site.

And thank you three for that!

Again, WHAT are we changing?

We allow members to debate any subject they want. We will allow members to talk smack in this forum. We even allow members to openly say "fuck" whenever they want. We are going to be much more laid-back and lenient here than it was over at the other site which shall not be named. What we will NOT allow is members carrying on their personal vendettas on the open board to the point where it is a detriment. Why this is such a problem is beyond me.

X-Terminator
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
I think I'm not getting across the message that I want to.

Suit, F'ed up big time in his posts in that thread, and the language and name calling shouldn't be tolerated from ANYONE.

I just see this bleeding into other areas and threads where the language is different and you XT jumping the ship to put the bud on something that has always taken place in order to put an end to it.

I think that's the start of something dangerous to the health of the new board since it's something that hasn't happened even on the old board.

Am I making sense yet?

Sighs. Nevermind. I give up.

Shea
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Again, WHAT are we changing?

We allow members to debate any subject they want. We will allow members to talk smack in this forum. We even allow members to openly say "fuck" whenever they want. We are going to be much more laid-back and lenient here than it was over at the other site which shall not be named. What we will NOT allow is members carrying on their personal vendettas on the open board to the point where it is a detriment. Why this is such a problem is beyond me.

Not to name names, but it's not about personal vendettas - well except for one member, and one in which I might add from his posts needs to have his ass woken up - although I doubt that will ever happen.

It's differences within opinions.

We're all adults here. I just want for that to not be moderated and let said discussions, as long as they don't go overboard (such as Suit did earlier) be left on there own in atleast this section.

I understand that moderation will always be needed on the forum, and am actually thankful for that, but I'm just asking for a little understanding of what part of the forum this is, and that relatively innocent postings in other sections not bleed over and be taken for other than what they are.

Again, I really respect you and everyone here so this is my last post on this.

Hope I didn't offend you.

X-Terminator
06-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Not to name names, but it's not about personal vendettas - well except for one member, and one in which I might add from his posts needs to have his ass woken up - although I doubt that will ever happen.

It's differences within opinions.

We're all adults here. I just want for that to not be moderated and let said discussions, as long as they don't go overboard (such as Suit did earlier) be left on there own in atleast this section.

I understand that moderation will always be needed on the forum, and am actually thankful for that, but I'm just asking for a little understanding of what part of the forum this is, and that relatively innocent postings in other sections not bleed over and be taken for other than what they are.

Again, I really respect you and everyone here so this is my last post on this.

Hope I didn't offend you.

We are not going to moderate differences of opinion. Come on now, we aren't the Third Reich, for crying out loud. I've already said that we will allow members to debate any subject they want. We will allow for spirited debate, provided that it doesn't devolve into personal attacks, and if I or another admin/mod senses that happening, we reserve the right to step in and say something about it, or lock down a thread if need be. We don't want to have to do that, but we need help from the members too, because we're putting our faith and trust in them. And as I said above, this forum is for smack talk, smacking trolls and other teams that we hate...it's NOT to be used to carry on personal attacks against other members. You're right, we are all adults here. We should also be expected to act like adults.

MasterOfPuppets
06-04-2010, 01:31 AM
.it's NOT to be used to carry on personal attacks against other members.
but it was ...:noidea:

X-Terminator
06-04-2010, 01:56 AM
but it was ...:noidea:

...which is why the thread was locked.

MasterOfPuppets
06-04-2010, 02:09 AM
...which is why the thread was locked.

spare the rod...spoil the child ..:nono:

stillers4me
06-04-2010, 05:06 AM
I don't know what's so hard about it.

You are allowed to say "I wish Ben would throw the fucking ball."

You ae not permitted to call another poster a fucking moron for saying that Ben should be benched for not throwing the fucking ball......

Note the difference.

Craic
06-04-2010, 05:21 AM
You ae not permitted to call another poster a fucking moron for saying that Ben should be benched for not throwing the fucking ball......
Note the difference.

Ahh, the complexity of english syntax :chuckle:

X-Terminator
06-04-2010, 08:15 AM

Note the difference.

Can't 'splain it any better than that. :thumbsup:

NCSteeler
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I've been in trouble for going there. Me .........ten foot pole............

suitanim
06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm gonna say this one more time. I displayed a general statement. CA took it personally, and launched a personal attack on me.

I responded. You self-righteous fucks who pretend like he did nothing wrong make me sick. He (ridiculously, I might add) attacked my job, my character, where I live, called me a liar, and basically went way overboard himself...ironically over something that I wasn't even directed specifically at him.

A word of warning...I know this isn't SN, and I hope it never gets to that, but if you think you can take UNPROVOKED shots at me and then run and hide behind board policy and the mods, you are in for a rude awakening. This isn't SF...

Here's a tip for over-sensitive whiny pussies who think I'm too mean: Put me on ignore...you not reading my posts and me not reading yours is absolutely no bread off my table.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Just have fun but don't go over board.. If your attacking in fun just be clear about it..

suitanim
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Just have fun but don't go over board.. If your attacking in fun just be clear about it..

Yeah...this was "all in fun":
From CA to me, after he decided I was calling him out for hopping winning teams whorewagons (which he does) for the wrong reason (bear in mind, there are at least 3 people who posted at SF who actually fit the description I was talking about, but he decided I was talking ONLY about him):

Wow, you're not only an internet pussy but a flat out liar. You are such a moron it's not even funny. Why don't you make some more shit up I didn't say. I guess in your self aggrandized world calling people out on the carpet is failing to mention names only to hint at them. Such a coward. Status quo for someone who repeatedly gets housed in every debate they try to have with me. Go back and play in the sandbox little tyke. My God, you are a tool.

According to some around here, that's fine because of who said it...but my response was not because I said it. That's bullshit...hypocritical bullshit. I've had to sit back and watch whiny pussies attack me at SF and then have the audacity to complain to the mods when I respond in kind. They hide behind rules and cry like little bitches when I hit back.

That horseshit ends now. The mods and owners can ban me if they like, but I'm going out swinging...

Texasteel
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't know what was said earlier, but it was clear to me that this thread was doing nothing but throwing personal attacks in both directions and needed to be shut down. It had nothing to do with a difference opinion, or a debate of any kind. I have seen this sort of thing escalate into a full fledge war between members and carry from one thread to another, to another. I for one do not want that sort of garbage here and don't think I am in the minority on this. Seemed to me that is what the Mod was trying to prevent.

Sorry XT, I should have said administrator.

SteelMember
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
So everyone should be allowed to start a thread "hey asshole (enter name) profanity, profanity, profanity..." to another member?
I think that's the wrong interpretation of the blastfurnace/beatdown forum.

You seem to be playing the victim here. And the "'ol revs/suit is just too mean" thing is tired. You do your far share of shit stirring. Whether the correct member was responding or not is irrelevant, imo. You still called "someone" out to start the mess. So it was inevitable "someone" would respond.

"I'm going out swinging... " - That should certainly help.

/sure to be on ignore now... if I'm not already.

Care not, I do.

Devilsdancefloor
06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I think it all boils down to these 2 things

1. Do not saying anything you dont wanna have said to you.
2. Act like an adult not a child.

suitanim
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
A) I don't care what you think
B) If you don't care, why are you posting all about it?

I get called a pussy, a liar and a moron, so I RESPOND by calling him an asshole, and I'M the one who's in the wrong.....errrrrrr. OK, yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

The bottom line is this...I'm not going to change the way I post...and the people who don't like me will always come down on the other side no matter WHAT I post.

That's fine...the thread went to far, and it got shut down. For the over sensitive souls, why not just put me on ignore? Why not stay out of this forum?