PDA

View Full Version : Cook: Steelers; Smith hopeful for return

zulater
11-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Doctors told him he would be out eight to nine weeks when they did surgery eight days ago to repair his partially torn left triceps muscle, a procedure that he said "went better than expected because it wasn't a total tear."

The best-case scenario would have Smith back for the home game against the New York Jets Dec. 19 or perhaps the home game against the Carolina Panthers four days later. Worst case -- this is a horrible thought -- he could be finished as an NFL player.

"It's a little premature to put me in the grave," Smith said.

Smith is determined to do the rehab to get back this season.

"You give me just a blade of grass, I'll take my chances and see what happens," he said.Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10306/1099963-87.stm#ixzz146DKH9oa

Galax Steeler
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Sounds like he is trying his best to come back hopefully he won't have no set backs and can get back on the field.

Austin87
11-02-2010, 03:24 AM
I really hope A.Smith is able to come back this season, the defense isn't the same without him.

zulater
11-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I just hope no further injuries force the Steelers to choose between keeping Aaron off the IR and cutting another promising young player.

Merchant
11-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Having him back against the Jets would be unreal.

HometownGal
11-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Aaron's a real trooper and though I'd love to see our DL anchor back out there down the stretch, I'd hate to see him push it beyond the brink and relapse that injury and end his career because of it. I'd much prefer to see him back totally healthy next season which could be his last in the black and gold.

steelpride12
11-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Shows the true character and will power of this guy getting a season ending injury for most, but he has other plans. I would love for him to come back late in the season and possibly for a playoff push if possible, what a story that would be.