PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss

polamalubeast
11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Are the steelers should try to get Randy Moss on the team for the rest of the season?

venom
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Ummmmm, no !

Steeltreal
11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
How do you do that with the trade deadline already past. Dumb post/poll etc.

XxKnightxX
11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Not with that work Ethic, Id love to he can make Ben the Rookie throwing those bombs to Plaxico back in 04, but I doubt someone like us would pick him up. Look towards teams like Chargers or teams with Receiver needs picking him p.

XxKnightxX
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
How do you do that with the trade deadline already past. Dumb post/poll etc.

Check the news my man, hes on the Waiver wire

steeldevil
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Hell no.

SteelerSal
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Heck, I'm trying to get rid of Battle and/or A.R.E. to get both Brown and sanders dressed and on the field......NO!!!

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2010, 03:03 PM
No way! He's a cancer.

Merchant
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
How come every time a player gets waived there's a discussion here about whether or not we should pick him up. Especially when it's players as unrealistic as T.O. and Moss.

tube517
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Moss is a cancer and gives up on plays.

However, the Vikings are a train wreck not much better than the Cryboys. Childress is an idiot. That team is revolting against Chilly. He's about as good as Wade "Benny Hill" Phillips right now.

HometownGal
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I see from the voting tally that two people must have gotten hold of some really bad hemp.

HELL FREAKIN' NO we don't want that egotistical, self-absorbed, loud mouthed piece of donkey shit in our locker room. And I seriously doubt anyone else does either. The freakin Cheats* don't even want him back and that should tell ya somethin'.

fansince'76
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Black and gold....vet minimum. :chuckle:

Mtn.Steel
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Do you guys not realize that this was a conspiricy from the get go? Pats trade Moss for a couple of picks or cash(or and old milk cow...whatever they got)...told him to go make an asshat out of himself...get waived and the Pats ARE going to pick him right back up! Just watch!

The Duke
11-01-2010, 03:41 PM
No and this shouldn't even be a question by now

Kaeg
11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
That was odd. Especially with that little shout out he gave the *Pats yesterday. What the hell was that about?

Mtn.Steel
11-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Did you see the clip of him and Kraft pregame? A little slap on the ass and some ear whispering. I am NOT kidding when I say that this was a set up. If the Pats end up with him back there needs to be an investigation!

vasteeler
11-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Do you guys not realize that this was a conspiricy from the get go? Pats trade Moss for a couple of picks or cash(or and old milk cow...whatever they got)...told him to go make an asshat out of himself...get waived and the Pats ARE going to pick him right back up! Just watch!

im not usually a conspiracy theorist.......but :scratchchin:

MULLDOG24
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Ya know it was the 1st thing that came to my mind this morning when I heard about this, Naaaaaa NOT THE PATRIOTS AND BELICHEK!!!!!! Nooooooo Waaaaay!!! But then again I say yes I think so.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Well ya know...for vet minimummmmmm... :rolleyes:

:chuckle:

SirHulka
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I think you should go after him. He'd be great in the locker room, and a fine addition on the field for those long bombs.

Texasteel
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Wonder if he took any videos in the locker room.

Chidi29
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Well ya know...for vet minimummmmmm... :rolleyes:

For the record, it won't be vet minimum. It'll be for about $3.8 million. Whatever is still left on his contract. Any team that claims him off of waivers will play that amount. If he goes unclaimed, highly unlikely, the Vikings play that amount and then Moss becomes a free agent.

I was for us trading for Moss when he got dealt to Minnesota. I admit I was surprised by some of his antics in Minny, I didn't think he'd start to show those colors again, but I'd still be willing to take a chance on the guy.

We'd no longer have to invest anything in him aside from a couple million. There isn't a higher round draft pick that would make us feel obligated to keep him or kick ourselves if we wanted to let him go. If he becomes a problem, release him just as the Vikings did today. Just like that, the experiment is over.

And I'd like to feel that we have a strong enough coaching staff to keep the guy in check. I don't know about you guys, but I've always felt Childress came off as a pushover. A guy that isn't as firm or controlling especially with his job on the line (Think Favre didn't gain some leverage when Chlidress did everything to convince him to come play for the Vikings and now has his reputation basically tied to him?).

Look at our offense last night. A total mess. It shows the more weapons we have, the better we're off. The offense won't always be this bad, but a boost in a guy as talented as Moss would be nice to have.

silver & black
11-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Did you see the clip of him and Kraft pregame? A little slap on the ass and some ear whispering. I am NOT kidding when I say that this was a set up. If the Pats end up with him back there needs to be an investigation!

You aren't implying that the Patr*ots would stoop to such a level, are you? :sofunny:

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 05:30 PM
You guys wanna know why we shouldnt get Moss? It's not about antics, lack of football acumen, or skill.

THIS is why we shouldn't do it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/players/Randy+Moss/nfl.p.4262

^Watch that video

Chidi29
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
You guys wanna know why we shouldnt get Moss? It's not about antics, attitude, lack of football acumen or skill.

THIS is why we shouldn't do it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/players/Randy+Moss/nfl.p.4262

^Watch that video
I think that would fall back on attitude.

I don't agree with the decision, he has to run that out, but as I said, a strong coaching staff will make him do that or punish him if he doesn't.

oneforthetoe
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM

Fortunately, I can read lips.

Moss: "You know Goodell fined me for not talking to the media."

Kraft: " I told you Randy it will be taken care of. Roger and I are going antiquing and to the Spa
on Friday. I will take care of it then. Trust me, the wheels are in motion."

st33lersguy
11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
We don't need a WR

Mtn.Steel
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Fortunately, I can read lips.

Moss: "You know Goodell fined me for not talking to the media."

Kraft: " I told you Randy it will be taken care of. Roger and I are going down on one another
on Friday. I will take care of it then. Trust me, the wheels are in motion."

Fixed it!

86WARD
11-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Garbage. Rather have T.O. quit on plays than have Moss.

SteelerEmpire
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I would take Randy Moss over Randle El any day. But could you imagine Moss on one side of the field, Wallace on the other, and Hines Ward and Heath Miller out there as well ? ... the 4 best receivers in the NFL on one team ! It would strike "terror" in defenses !!!

steelpride12
11-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I just think he would be a waste of a roster spot. We have the WR's to win us games right now.

smokin3000gt
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I was surprised when he quit on the play for what seemed to be a sure TD and nobody made mention of it.

86WARD
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Still...no thanks...

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I think that would fall back on attitude.

I don't agree with the decision, he has to run that out, but as I said, a strong coaching staff will make him do that or punish him if he doesn't.

ok, well i fixed that now :p

Galax Steeler
11-02-2010, 03:07 AM
I would have liked to had him in his prime but those days are gone I have to say no.

Austin87
11-02-2010, 03:15 AM
NO!

LLT
11-02-2010, 07:38 AM
OH HELL NO!!!!!

Devilsdancefloor
11-02-2010, 08:29 AM
no and on second thought NO

CPanther95
11-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Not a chance.

He won't make it to us anyway.

Steeldude
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
:crazy: question

Chidi29
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Almost a fifth of us think we should try to claim him.

Where are you guys?

steeldevil
11-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Almost a fifth of us think we should try to claim him.

Where are you guys?

Just what I was thinking...

Steeldude
11-02-2010, 12:33 PM
this is the same question that is asked each time a big named punk is released. why take on a big salary and a big mental problem?

Chidi29
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Just what I was thinking...

Did you vote yes to attempting to bring him in?

HollywoodSteel
11-02-2010, 01:37 PM
It won't happen. Tomlin was on Sirius NFL radio this morning and he was asked if Moss dropped to the Steelers, would there be any interest in him.

Tomlin's response: "None."

fansince'76
11-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Really, who wants this POS?

....Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team’s locker room last Friday afternoon, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk. As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.

According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”

Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

“And by the way, the food was actually really good.”http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

Yeah, let's sign this jackass ASAP!

SteelGhost
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
this is the same question that is asked each time a big named punk is released. why take on a big salary and a big mental problem?

^This

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
We all explained the "no" part of the debate. Really interested what the rest of you have to say.

Psycho Ward 86
11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
I present to this board, Randy Moss's official soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrkMNg&feature=player_embedded

steelerdude15
11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
:doh2:

Chidi29
11-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Really, who wants this POS?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

Yeah, let's sign this jackass ASAP!

I'm glad we don't have any players on our team that have been said to act rudely in resturants before. Especially a star name at a skill position like WR or QB....

Steeldude
11-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm glad we don't have any players on our team that have been said to act rudely in resturants before. Especially a star name at a skill position like WR or QB....

aren't you comparing deliberately not trying during a game and being a team downer to off-field antics?

i am happy holmes and burress were let go.

X-Terminator
11-03-2010, 12:32 AM

Except none of those incidents happened in the middle of the freaking cafeteria, in front of the entire team.

The Steelers have already dealt with their own problem children over the past 3 years. Why the hell would you want them to bring in another one, especially one who has divided locker rooms and you can count the number of times he's given maximum effort in his career on one hand?

Galax Steeler
11-03-2010, 04:06 AM
What is it with Moss he is one hell of a player but his attitude sucks.

LLT
11-03-2010, 08:34 AM
What is it with Moss he is one hell of a player but his attitude sucks.

Same problem as TO and Chad. Little boy in a mans body.

polamalubeast
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
http://nittanywhiteout.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/vince-young-crying.jpg