PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: OLB Gibson is likely to be lost on waivers

LLT
11-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Steelers Notebook: OLB Gibson is likely to be lost on waivers
Monday, November 01, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

NEW ORLEANS -- The Steelers likely sacrificed their fourth-round draft choice on the altar of having defensive end Aaron Smith back -- maybe, possibly --for the playoffs.

Linebacker Thaddeus Gibson, who was placed on waivers Saturday so the Steelers could add defensive lineman Steve McLendon to the roster for a third game this season, likely will be claimed by another team off waivers today. It is expected that, at the very least, Buffalo will put in a claim for him; Doug Whaley, the former Steelers pro personnel coordinator, is Buffalo's assistant general manager

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099796-66.stm#ixzz142DKSXTu

LLT
11-01-2010, 07:52 AM
I called this one.

That sucks.

stillers4me
11-01-2010, 07:55 AM
I can't believe there wasn't someone else less valuable we could have waived.

Texasteel
11-01-2010, 07:56 AM
That does suck, I liked the Gibson pick. OH well, guess it couldn't be helped.

Devilsdancefloor
11-01-2010, 07:58 AM
this sucks!

LLT
11-01-2010, 08:43 AM

(Tony Hills?)

The Duke
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM

THIS!

I mean, hills was inactive, of course, and when he's been active he's shown nothing. Gibson has shown potential

oh well, now the poor guy is going to bufalo :(

Texasteel
11-01-2010, 10:14 AM
THIS!

I mean, hills was inactive, of course, and when he's been active he's shown nothing. Gibson has shown potential

oh well, now the poor guy is going to Buffalo :(

I know, not half way through the season and out of footfall already.

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
(Tony Hills?)

exactly. I knew this would happen.

steeldevil
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Should have been Hills. Oh well. I guess with all the injuries to the Oline that keep happening the Steelers wanted to keep Hills....

SteelTheOne
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Big loss...Not sure banking on a 34 year old DE at the end of his career is worth it.

Merchant
11-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Oh no.. not gibson :uhoh:

MULLDOG24
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I really hate to lose a guy with that much potential. This sucks really bad and I wish we could have cut someone else like Hills(as mentioned above) or Battle. Damn it!!!!!

Chidi29
11-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Unless he was looking to be like another Gibson, Fred, who was a 4th rounder who didn't make it out of camp.

I hate to pull this card, but I trust that the team figured that losing him wouldn't be a big hit. I know he has to be way behind rookies to this point this season.

Also keep in mind that it isn't offical yet. And maybe if Buffalo didn't decide to change to a 4-3...

Texasteel
11-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Unless he was looking to be like another Gibson, Fred, who was a 4th rounder who didn't make it out of camp.

I hate to pull this card, but I trust that the team figured that losing him wouldn't be a big hit. I know he has to be way behind rookies to this point this season.

Also keep in mind that it isn't offical yet. And maybe if Buffalo didn't decide to change to a 4-3...

You mean that the coaching staff may be able to see things better than I can 12 states away. That is definitely not a fans way of seeing things.

Chidi29
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
You mean that the coaching staff may be able to see things better than I can 12 states away. That is definitely not a fans way of seeing things.

Unfortuantely, we didn't get to see a whole lot of Gibson so far. Which forces us to accept the decision a little more than it would a player who we've seen all this season.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 05:25 PM
*cough cough* Tony Hills -.-'

86WARD
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Need Hills for OLine depth with the rate Adams and the rest of the line has been getting dinged up.

Let's be honest...Gibson didn't show that much. I personally, loved the pick...however, he didn't really show that much. Any team that adds him to their roster is doing so b/c they loved him before the draft.

7willBheaven
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Unfortuantely, we didn't get to see a whole lot of Gibson so far. Which forces us to accept the decision a little more than it would a player who we've seen all this season.

We've seen more of Gibson than we did of Worilds. In preseason...and the first game or 2 on ST, it wasnt until a couple weeks into the season that they started to dress Worilds and he was mainly ST and didnt look any better than Gibson...same thing the little he's played at LB recently...Worilds didnt show me much more than Gibson...they both however have a good amount of potential and talent to be really good OLBs.

And as I've said before they should have cut Madison, end of story.

The Duke
11-02-2010, 10:06 AM

Wait, is this real? They are going back to the 4-3 already? If so that's hilarious. Just another reason why the bills are a joke

Anyway, he's apparently going to san francisco