PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Miller's fumble turns tide

LLT
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
On the Steelers: Miller's fumble turns tide
Monday, November 01, 2010
By Ed Bouchette,
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

NEW ORLEANS -- Instant replay took another touchdown away from the Steelers for the second consecutive Sunday, only this time they did not escape with a victory on the road.

On a Halloween night in which patrons jammed the Superdome dressed in costumes to set a world record, the offenses of the Steelers and New Orleans Saints nearly failed to show at all. New Orleans' offense, though, showed up late and showed just enough for a 20-10 victory

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099797-66.stm#ixzz1429zPlQF

Texasteel
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
I thought the tide was turning till Miller coughed up the ball. Bless his heart, he has to be sick this morning.

I know I am a homer, but I also thought that the side of the ball just may have touched the little white line.

Steeldude
11-01-2010, 08:10 AM
the steelers didn't capitalize on goal line. the steelers should have punched it in easily with 1st down goal(1 inch). the O-line was lazy. kemo looked like a manatee out of water on one goal line set. for having such a huge O-line the steelers sure do get manhandled

stlrtruck
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
the steelers didn't capitalize on goal line. the steelers should have punched it in easily with 1st down goal(1 inch). the O-line was lazy. kemo looked like a manatee out of water on one goal line set. for having such a huge O-line the steelers sure do get manhandled

I still don't understand why we have a 6ft QB and don't sneak it in with him. I mean have him push then to have the RB push from behind...score it all the time. Then again I think offenses have lost a little luster down at the 1 yard line. Whatever happen to the goal line dive by the RB or the naked bootleg for the QB? On that third down play, the end had committed to the run which would have left Ben one-on-one with the DB. Oh well, so be it. It's time to change the thought process from what could have been to what needs to be.

Bring on the bungles, time to make amends!

The Duke
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I thought the tide was turning till Miller coughed up the ball. Bless his heart, he has to be sick this morning.

Yep

Now he must capitalize with a huge game next monday

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree with Dude......the tide turned when the Steelers could not punch it in from the Goal line on 1st down. Then I thought missing a FG and allowing the Saints to get a FG before half turned things. Why not run straight ahead behind Pouncey and Kemo, instead of pulling Kemo from one side and allowing D-linemen to slant into the gaps??

The Miller fumble was the final nail.

Devilsdancefloor
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM

I know I am a homer, but I also thought that the side of the ball just may have touched the little white line.

he looked very upset last night after his fumble.