PDA

View Full Version : Bungles Are Next

steelpride12
10-31-2010, 10:50 PM
This is a game that counts and matter and another prime time game under the lights on Monday Night Football. Even with their struggles the Bungles won't easily lose this one. Our secondary the weakest part of our D will have to deal with TO, Ochosucko, and Shippley.

On the other hand just like the Saints the Bungles have a lot of injuries in their secondary as well so we should be prepared to take advantage of them early and often. Ben and our offense will surely we ready for this one.
Big game!

Merchant
10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Payback time after last season. Should be a good one.

fansince'76
10-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Bottom line, a must-win game.

Borski
10-31-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a feeling that the Bengals are gonna feel some wrath after what happened tonight.

SteelerFanInStl
10-31-2010, 11:03 PM
I have a feeling that the Bengals are gonna feel some wrath after what happened tonight.

they'd better. I hope all of the so-called experts crown the Pats this week so that we can get that chip back on our shoulder. It seems to have been missing the last couple of weeks.

steeldevil
10-31-2010, 11:04 PM
Must win this one because of the Pats game the next week....

hotrodder07
10-31-2010, 11:10 PM

I'm just waiting for Tomlin to say, "We're going to unleash hell in November!" :heh:

:nervous:

The Duke
10-31-2010, 11:15 PM

Yep

And it's going to be the implosion of TO and the bungles. Can't believe I'm gonna miss it though. Remind me never to schedule a flight during a steelers game :doh:

I'm just waiting for Tomlin to say, "We're going to unleash hell in November!" :heh:

:nervous:

:buttkick:

steelpride12
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
I just hope the Steelers destroy the Bungles and Overrated Palmer. Pay back is a bitch and for beating us both games last season this game would be huge if we pulled out the W! Any lead in the division is huge and with the Pats after them we need this one!

zulater
10-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Season is on the line next week. This will be the Bengals SB, they know they're down to playing the role of spoilers and nothing would please them more than ruining the Steelers season as they did in 2009. If we lose this one we start down that slippery slope that was the 2009 season. I got news for you folks, in the AFC this year 11 wins is no guarantee for a wildcard. Lose this game and the chances you make the playoffs are far from assured. The Bengals go into this game with nothing to lose. the Steelers very season is on the line. Bad situation. The Steelers can't afford to slip.

Borski
10-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Season is on the line next week. This will be the Bengals SB, they know they're down to playing the role of spoilers and nothing would please them more than ruining the Steelers season as they did in 2009. If we lose this one we start down that slippery slope that was the 2009 season. I got news for you folks, in the AFC this year 11 wins is no guarantee for a wildcard. Lose this game and the chances you make the playoffs are far from assured. The Bengals go into this game with nothing to lose. the Steelers very season is on the line. Bad situation. The Steelers can't afford to slip.

OMG! Of course a win would be much better, but even if we lost that game we would still be 5-3 with 8 games left, holy crap. The season is NOT on the line next week, but if they do lose they will need to get their act together fast.

Merchant
10-31-2010, 11:36 PM
lol @ season on the line. I wouldn't go THAT far.

zulater
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
You really think the Steelers could beat the Patriots going into that game on a two game losing streak?

Borski
10-31-2010, 11:38 PM
You really think the Steelers could beat the Patriots going into that game on a two game losing streak?

yes

Merchant
10-31-2010, 11:39 PM

yes

zulater
10-31-2010, 11:41 PM
yes

Yeah like how we rebounded over those tough losses to the Chiefs and Raiders last year by taking it to the Browns!

We lose to the Bengals, no playoffs.

X-Terminator
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM

Yes sir. It's more important to the Bungles, though, because they know if they lose this game, their season is pretty much done, especially since they still have to play the Pats, Colts, Ravens and the Steelers again in Pittsburgh. So I expect them to lay everything on the line, and hope that the Steelers expect it as well.

Borski
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah like how we rebounded over those tough losses to the Chiefs and Raiders last year by taking it to the Browns!

We lose to the Bengals, no playoffs.

Is that a guarantee? Any given sunday anything can happen. If we lose to the Bengals (and I don't think we will) does not mean we will lose or win the game after.

Borski
10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
we are 5-2 right now, whats left on the schedule is:

Nov 8 @Cincinnati 8:30pm
Nov 14 New England 8:20pm
Nov 21 Oakland 1:00pm
Nov 28 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 5 @Baltimore 8:20pm
Dec 12 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Dec 19 N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Dec 23 Carolina 8:20pm
Jan 2 @Cleveland 1:00pm

Jest for the sake of agument lets say we lose to both the Bengals and Patriots
I still see wins against Oak, Buff, Cincy (at home) Panthers and Browns, lets say we also lose to the Ravens and Jets just for the heck of it. We would still be 10-6 and I still see that as a playoff spot.

(I think we can do better then that though.)

zulater
10-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Is that a guarantee? Any given sunday anything can happen. If we lose to the Bengals (and I don't think we will) does not mean we will lose or win the game after.

Frankly, looking at the overall depth of the AFC and believing that a 11-5 team will miss the playoffs, I think we're in serious shit if we lose to the Bengals. I think this is a game that we can win, that we should win, but that we easily could lose.

zulater
10-31-2010, 11:59 PM
we are 5-2 right now, whats left on the schedule is:

Nov 8 @Cincinnati 8:30pm
Nov 14 New England 8:20pm
Nov 21 Oakland 1:00pm
Nov 28 @Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 5 @Baltimore 8:20pm
Dec 12 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Dec 19 N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Dec 23 Carolina 8:20pm
Jan 2 @Cleveland 1:00pm

Jest for the sake of agument lets say we lose to both the Bengals and Patriots
I still see wins against Oak, Buff, Cincy (at home) Panthers and Browns, lets say we also lose to the Ravens and Jets just for the heck of it. We would still be 10-6 and I still see that as a playoff spot.

(I think we can do better then that though.)

No way does 10-6 get you a wildcard this year. AFC East has the Pats and Jets, division loser figures to have 12 wins. AFC south Texans, Colts, and Titans, besides the division winner one of those teams will likely end up with 11 wins.

In 2008 the Patriots stayed home for the playoffs with an 11-5 record. 10-6 wont do shit for the Steelers this year.

fansince'76
11-01-2010, 12:13 AM
No way does 10-6 get you a wildcard this year. AFC East has the Pats and Jets, division loser figures to have 12 wins. AFC south Texans, Colts, and Titans, besides the division winner one of those teams will likely end up with 11 wins.

In 2008 the Patriots stayed home for the playoffs with an 11-5 record. 10-6 wont do shit for the Steelers this year.

Jets went to the AFCCG as a 9-7 wildcard last season....

Borski
11-01-2010, 12:17 AM

Every year is different, I think we will get a better record then my post, I'm just saying that even if we did lose thouse games , I still think we get in with 10-6. It doesn't really matter what either one of us think though, we'll see what happens Jan 2nd

zulater
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Jets went to the AFCCG as a 9-7 wildcard last season....

That was last year. The AFC is a lot more top heavy this year. Can we at least concede the loser of the AFC east will have no less than 11 ( probably 12) wins? Now between the Dolphins, Texans/ Colts loser, Titans, and possibly the Chargers you think you can get in with less than 11 wins?

fansince'76
11-01-2010, 12:22 AM
That was last year. The AFC is a lot more top heavy this year. Can we at least concede the loser of the AFC east will have no less than 11 ( probably 12) wins? Now between the Dolphins, Texans/ Colts loser, Titans, and possibly the Chargers you think you can get in with less than 11 wins?

No. I watched the Jets game and I still think they're more media hype (due to Ryan's big mouth) than anything, personally. For as bad as we looked on offense against the Saints, we at least didn't lay a goose egg at home. I keep hearing how much better their offense is gonna be with Santo, but it sure didn't show up today. The Chargers aren't all that impressive either. Hell, the Chiefs are still sitting on top of the West at 5-2, and they got taken to OT by a winless Buffalo team. Truth is, there is nobody who looks like an overwhelming favorite to me - by this time last year, you could pretty much tell the Saints were going to be there in the end. Not the case with any team this year. Like Borski said, we'll see how it all shakes out come January 2nd.

Galax Steeler
11-01-2010, 03:36 AM
I just hope we play better against Cinci then we did the Saints are we will be in the lose column again.

Steeldude
11-01-2010, 04:33 AM
don't worry. if the steelers lose the rah-rah fans will be cheering everyone up by saying "it's just 3 losses. it could be worse" :)

polamalubeast
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Bengals:trap game

stillers4me
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM

Um, yes.

The Saints kicked our asses after losing to the BROWNS.

steelpride12
11-01-2010, 11:11 AM
But remember this game against the Bungles will be alot like the Saints in difficulty. This is the Bungles final chance to really make a run at the division and if they lose will def. miss the playoffs. They will bring it harder than they did all season and will be ready for the Steelers.

HollywoodSteel
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
As far as the playoff picture goes, if it comes down to it at least we will hold tie breakers over Tennessee and Miami.

Moose
11-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I have to agree with those saying that the 'bunghole game is a 'must win' for us. First of all, it's a division game which makes it a must win ! You have to win division games ! Secondly, with the Pat's coming up afterwards, you don't want to go into that game with 2 straight loses under you belt and in your mind. And with Oakland after that, and the way they are playing ( at least they think they are good right now), they may not be a cake walk for us either. Buffalo is showing nothing right now, but we'll be playing them weeks from now so who knows how they will be by then....and then we have division games again after that. So, I really don't see any slack in the schedule that gives us any 'let up'. Cincy is always a game to the end anymore. Our CB's better not give their showboats any more free yardage or they will be watching them score all night long. I'm nervous as hell about that happening. I think the key factor in this game is putting lights out pressure on Palmer and not giving him time to throw downfield.

steelpride12
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Just would be a solid game to win as any division game is. Since it once again seems like it will come down to the wire with the Steelers and Ratbirds we need all the division brownie points and currently being 1-1 we need more division wins.

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm sitting here watching the Colts vs. Texans game and an ad for next weeks game comes on. The voiceover for the ad said "After being dominated by Cincinnati last year, the Steelers are seeking revenge." :lol: Yea, we were really dominated in those 3 and 6 point losses.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 08:32 PM
The Bengals can smell the blood now. This is gonna be one helluva thrill ride. Crack open a beer and punch a large animal before this one, it's gonna be tough one folks.

psusteelerspens4life
11-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Its time to take the "trash out" It would be nice to see Palmer on his back a bunch of times next monday. I listened to the post game on the radio last night and a lot of people are still on the subject of Harrison getting held coming off the edge. I agree he does get the old forearm hold across neck and I know his job is to set the edge . I would like to see him spin back inside a few times to throw off whoever is blocking him cause you always see him charge up field. I'm sure the tape on Harrison they see what he does so they know how to block him and if they aren't calling the holds then help yourself out and adjust. Harrison is a beast and i'm glad he is in black n gold just my thoughts because of hearing those people talk about it last night.

SteelerFanInStl
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
The Bengals can smell the blood now. This is gonna be one helluva thrill ride. Crack open a beer and punch a large animal before this one, it's gonna be tough one folks.

I don't think so. Not after that loss to the Saints last night. The Bungles lost to CLE, TB, ATL and MIA, all teams that we beat. We'll be ready for them and I'll be surprised if it's even close. Our players won't forget last year.

Psycho Ward 86
11-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I don't think so. Not after that loss to the Saints last night. The Bungles lost to CLE, TB, ATL and MIA, all teams that we beat. We'll be ready for them and I'll be surprised if it's even close. Our players won't forget last year.

The "Team A beat Team B. Team B beat Team C. Therefore, Team A will beat Team C" theorem doesn't work in the football world. Besides, the Bengals match up well with us. They have a plethora of passing weapons up there, and let's be honest, we havent done nearly enough to stop opposing quarterbacks from throwing all over us so far this season, other than against the Titans. Hall and Joseph are as good a CB duo as they come, the Bengals have just had injuries in the 2ndary.

Merchant
11-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Harrison should try Freeney's spin move :chuckle: