PDA

View Full Version : stupid stupid stupid people

7SteelGal43
10-30-2010, 01:26 PM
As you know by now, suspicious packages originating in Yemen were discovered late thursday night. They contained what looked like explosive devices (possibly fakes for a test run) and I've heard that a couple of them actually were explosives. Two of the known targets were synagogues in Chicago, which is where my room-mates fiance' is from. So here's the stupidity part. He posts an article titled "Investigators hunt for mail bomber in Yemen" on his facebook page. His comment was "here comes the hate again..." I was immediately :jawdrop2: then of course :frusty: set in. I am ready to implode but can't even reply to him 'cause I can't afford to start any :poop: with my room-mate who happens to be like minded with him. Then someone comments on his status "is it me, or are the alledged terrorists getting dumber?" Really ?! Is the word alleged even necessary here ?

People, please help me out before I lose my mind. Does sanity, common sense, and rational thinking still exist ?

Signed,
Utterly frustrated in Memphis.

cold-hard-steel
10-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Wow! Thank GOD ! Thought you were talking about me there for a sec. LOL Sounds like someone wanting to be honest over anything else. Very touchy subject though. Maybe people are getting smarter.I don't think people get dumber,unless you refer to me.I'm just different.You would have to open up the can of worms by being honest. Tact and honesty working together is quite a combination,and applied in unison can be a very effective tool.

7SteelGal43
10-30-2010, 02:26 PM
maybe instead of hating the terrorists, we could invite them to hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbaya.

st33lersguy
10-30-2010, 02:54 PM
People, please help me out before I lose my mind. Does sanity, common sense, and rational thinking still exist ?

Not among the political correctness police which is where all the nonsense is coming from

LLT
10-30-2010, 02:58 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that a portion of the population...in a vain attempt to pass themselves off as "enlightened"...has pushed common sense out the back door.

It is simple lazy intellect. Instead of taking a stance on something based on thoughtful, investigative, fact-based insight....they fall back into the stupor of self-important, pseudo-intellectual, politically correct ...sound-byte activism.

JonM229
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
This is a simple case of a liberal generalizing those who generalize Muslims as being terrorists.

7SteelGal43
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
There is absolutely no doubt that a portion of the population...in a vain attempt to pass themselves off as "enlightened"...has pushed common sense out the back door.

It is simple lazy intellect. Instead of taking a stance on something based on thoughtful, investigative, fact-based insight....they fall back into the stupor of self-important, pseudo-intellectual, politically correct ...sound-byte activism.

http://organizations.bloomu.edu/nsslha/images/bingo3.jpg

7SteelGal43
10-30-2010, 03:15 PM
This is a simple case of a liberal generalizing those who generalize Muslims as being terrorists.

and I can see that as being a concern, but for that to be his FIRST thought/comment on the matter, I mean.....really ?

JonM229
10-30-2010, 03:20 PM
and I can see that as being a concern, but for that to be his FIRST thought/comment on the matter, I mean.....really ?

Quite right. It'd be one thing if he said it in response to someone passing judgement on all Muslims, but to lead with that is just idiotic.

LLT
10-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Quite right. It'd be one thing if he said it in response to someone passing judgement on all Muslims, but to lead with that is just idiotic.

Very well said. There are times in which you have a knack for getting right to the heart of the matter.

JonM229
10-30-2010, 03:35 PM
See? There are things we can agree on

cold-hard-steel
10-30-2010, 03:39 PM
maybe instead of hating the terrorists, we could invite them to hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbaya.

Thats not where i was going with that,but at least if you are honest you have a place to start the process of whatever needs to be done. You just can't say blow them all up! Can you?

7SteelGal43
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Thats not where i was going with that,but at least if you are honest you have a place to start the process of whatever needs to be done. You just can't say blow them all up! Can you?

Blow them all up ? No. Just find the ones responsible and put bullet in their head. No need for grenades.

cold-hard-steel
10-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not against the use of snipers,and i love to make cement shoes. LOL!

urgle burgle
10-31-2010, 12:04 AM
i suppose, just to not put him on the defensive, but to engage the discussion, just ask "what did you mean by that?". He would then have to elaborate on his positions. then the games could begin. i have found that if the first thing said puts them on the defensive, then they either ignore you, or lash about emotionally. then your in a lose lose situation. good luck, one of my best friends is as far left as the pacific ocean, and i have to play this game with him all the time.

The WH
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/view/feature/Locals-Protest-Mosque-Thats-Actually-a-Church-2546

JonM229
11-26-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/view/feature/Locals-Protest-Mosque-Thats-Actually-a-Church-2546

Well, these are the same people who re-elected Jan Brewer