PDA

View Full Version : Woodley, Adams both full participants in practice

stillers4me
10-29-2010, 06:02 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 29, 2010

The Steelers got some good news on the injury front Thursday as outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley and right tackle Flozell Adams were full participants in practice.
Neither Woodley (hamstring) nor Adams (ankle) practiced Wednesday.

Barring any setbacks, the two should play Sunday in New Orleans.

The Steelers may limit Woodley's snaps against the Saints because of the nature of his injury and the depth they have at linebacker.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is versatile enough to play outside if the Steelers want to spell Woodley, and Larry Foote can play in Timmons' spot.

• The fumble Emmanuel Sanders lost during the opening kickoff last Sunday in Miami is apparently still weighing heavily on him. The rookie wide receiver walked around the Steelers' practice facility yesterday with a football tucked against his right shoulder. It was reminiscent of when the veteran players had Rashard Mendenhall carry around a football during his rookie preseason in 2008 because of fumbling issues. Sanders said he took the initiative to do the same thing yesterday. "I've been telling myself that can't happen again," Sanders said of the fumble...................

Read more.......http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_706642.html

Galax Steeler
10-30-2010, 04:48 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 29, 2010

The Steelers got some good news on the injury front Thursday as outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley and right tackle Flozell Adams were full participants in practice.
Neither Woodley (hamstring) nor Adams (ankle) practiced Wednesday.

Barring any setbacks, the two should play Sunday in New Orleans.

The Steelers may limit Woodley's snaps against the Saints because of the nature of his injury and the depth they have at linebacker.

Inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons is versatile enough to play outside if the Steelers want to spell Woodley, and Larry Foote can play in Timmons' spot.

• The fumble Emmanuel Sanders lost during the opening kickoff last Sunday in Miami is apparently still weighing heavily on him. The rookie wide receiver walked around the Steelers' practice facility yesterday with a football tucked against his right shoulder. It was reminiscent of when the veteran players had Rashard Mendenhall carry around a football during his rookie preseason in 2008 because of fumbling issues. Sanders said he took the initiative to do the same thing yesterday. "I've been telling myself that can't happen again," Sanders said of the fumble...................

Read more.......http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_706642.html

Thanks for the read.

Butch
10-30-2010, 05:58 AM
I really want to see Woodley back just hope we aren't rushing it same with Flozell, it seems that Flozell was a better pick up than I thought he was gonna be.

I am glad to hear that Sanders has taken it upon himself to carry the ball, this kid might just turn out to be a real gem, can't wait to see him on game day...night.

tube517
10-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Credit the new OL coach Kugler for Adams being a little more disciplined than he was in Dallas and for the continued development of Pouncey. Adams seems to have bought in to the Steeler way not like the mess it was in over there in Cryboy land.

I really want to see Woodley back just hope we aren't rushing it same with Flozell, it seems that Flozell was a better pick up than I thought he was gonna be.

I am glad to hear that Sanders has taken it upon himself to carry the ball, this kid might just turn out to be a real gem, can't wait to see him on game day...night.

steelerdude15
10-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm glad to see they're practicing. I hope LaMarr lays down the wood this week!

GBMelBlount
10-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Credit the new OL coach Kugler for Adams being a little more disciplined than he was in Dallas....Adams seems to have bought in to the Steeler way not like the mess it was in over there in Cryboy land.

I agree. Being in a quality organization from the top down is probably like a breath of fresh air to Adams.

steeldevil
10-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Good news. Adams has been a good pickup. Hope Woodley can go but we have great depth at LB so I guess it wouldnt be awful if he cant.

Chidi29
10-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I really want to see Woodley back just hope we aren't rushing it same with Flozell,

I doubt we are. Keisel is out and we know how big it would be to have him back in the lineup with how bad the line is hurting.

Galax Steeler
10-31-2010, 06:56 AM
I would like to see Woodley and Harrison get back to sacking the quarterback they started out good but it seems like they are not getting to the quarterback like in the past.