PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger pumped up for first game in Superdome

Galax Steeler
10-29-2010, 03:37 AM
PITTSBURGH _ Ben Roethlisberger has never played in the Superdome. But that will change Sunday night and he can’t wait for his first experience in the Big Easy.

“It’s going to be crazy,” said the Steelers' star quarterback. “This will be my first game down there. I’ve heard so many things. Put Halloween on top and Sunday Night Football on top of that. The moon’s going to out. It’s going to be electric I believe.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/october/28/roethlisberger-pumped-up-for-first-game-in-superdome.html

HometownGal
10-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Forget the magic, Ben, and get out there on Sunday night and light up the scoreboard! :thumbsup: Get off to an early lead and take the crowd out of it from the get go. Show 'em what you're made of!

steelpride12
10-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I think Ben will be pumped up for this one. his toughest test of the season and ours as a team without a doubt. Just come out and do your part Ben put points on the board and let the defense do the rest!

siss
10-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Big Ben > Breesus!

fansince'76
10-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Please Ben, order room service and stay in your hotel room and off of Bourbon Street. Seriously, anybody here want to read another 10,000 media accounts of how Ben is "on the prowl" again for simply walking out of the hotel lobby unaccompanied? Know I don't. :coffee:

stillers4me
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Please Ben, order room service and stay in your hotel room and off of Bourbon Street. Seriously, anybody here want to read another 10,000 media accounts of how Ben is "on the prowl" again for simply walking out of the hotel lobby unaccompanied? Know I don't. :coffee:

:horror:

siss
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
As a female member of Steeler nation :cheer2: I will volunteer to stay in the hotel with our franchise pro bowl QB:tt03:. We can watch movies and I will go out and get him some gumbo if he so desires. And I will have the stud tucked into bed sleeping like a baby, dreaming of Goodell handing him the Lombardi by 10pm:tt03::tt03:. I know its a sacrifice but I will do it for the good of the team:usa2::cheer2::peace::tt03:.

stlrtruck
10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
As a female member of Steeler nation :cheer2: I will volunteer to stay in the hotel with our franchise pro bowl QB:tt03:. We can watch movies and I will go out and get him some gumbo if he so desires. And I will have the stud tucked into bed sleeping like a baby, dreaming of Goodell handing him the Lombardi by 10pm:tt03::tt03:. I know its a sacrifice but I will do it for the good of the team:usa2::cheer2::peace::tt03:.

I don't question your loyalty to the team for the sacrifice, I just wonder if he'll get enough sleep with you in the room.

cold-hard-steel
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't question your loyalty to the team for the sacrifice, I just wonder if he'll get enough sleep with you in the room.

Doesn't sound like it does it? LOL She's a baaad girl.

siss
10-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Doesn't sound like it does it? LOL She's a baaad girl.

My intentions are honorable...:cheer2:
He will get plenty of sleep and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the game!:bananadoggywow:
:heh:
And without me there he might get some wild ideas.:alcoholic:
The franchise needs me!:cheer2:

stlrtruck
10-29-2010, 04:53 PM
My intentions are honorable...:cheer2:
He will get plenty of sleep and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the game!:bananadoggywow:
:heh:
And without me there he might get some wild ideas.:alcoholic:
The franchise needs me!:cheer2:

That's my point siss, as much as the franchise need you. I'm afraid there be too much of this http://smiliesftw.com/x/siztynine.gif and http://smiliesftw.com/x/hittit2.gif and not enough of this http://smiliesftw.com/x/sleep.gif

And having him tucked away in bed, doesn't mean he's sleeping.

siss
10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Fine but if the franchise is hungover on Sunday night I will blame you!

stlrtruck
10-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Fine but if the franchise is hungover on Sunday night I will blame you!

Nevermind, I'm not taking responsibility for that. He's all yours!

siss
10-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I will play nice with the big guy.
Think more along the lines of "How the movie How Stella got her Grove back" (but in this case it will be how Ben got his grove back) and less like the scene in "Varsity Blues" when the guys went to a strip club.

SMR
10-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Think more along the lines of "How the movie How Stella got her Grove back" (but in this case it will be how Ben got his grove back) and less like the scene in "Varsity Blues" when the guys went to a strip club.

What a great cheerleader you are! :cheer2: :heh:

X-Terminator
10-29-2010, 09:20 PM
He'd better play like he's pumped up, because if the Steelers have any chance of winning this game, he's going to have to put up a performance like he did against the Packers last season.

cold-hard-steel
10-29-2010, 11:35 PM

I think Ben is lucky to have a girl as wholsome as you. I think i hear wedding bells in the near future. LOL

Galax Steeler
10-30-2010, 04:05 AM
That's my point siss, as much as the franchise need you. I'm afraid there be too much of this http://smiliesftw.com/x/siztynine.gif and http://smiliesftw.com/x/hittit2.gif and not enough of this http://smiliesftw.com/x/sleep.gif

And having him tucked away in bed, doesn't mean he's sleeping.

:toofunny: That is funny:sofunny:

tube517
10-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Remember the last time these two teams played in 2006? Brees had almost 400 yds passing. Willie Parker had 200+ yds on the ground. Marques Colston had almost 200 yds receiving. Steelers won 38-31. Ben had 3 TD passes.

I don't think Mendy will have over 200 yds but the other players could put up the same type of numbers. I am expecting a shootout.

He'd better play like he's pumped up, because if the Steelers have any chance of winning this game, he's going to have to put up a performance like he did against the Packers last season.

The Duke
10-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Remember the last time these two teams played in 2006? Brees had almost 400 yds passing. Willie Parker had 200+ yds on the ground. Marques Colston had almost 200 yds receiving. Steelers won 38-31. Ben had 3 TD passes.

I don't think Mendy will have over 200 yds but the other players could put up the same type of numbers. I am expecting a shootout.

And this game will be in a dome :dizzy:

Goodell will be so happy!

HollywoodSteel
10-30-2010, 11:55 AM
And this game will be in a dome :dizzy:

Goodell will be so happy!

I'm glad this is in a dome. The last thing I want is to play another game in the south, in the heat, in our black uniforms, being low on defensive linemen.

HollywoodSteel
10-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Although this one's at night, so the black uniform thing really doesn't matter. Still, I'm done with all that playing in the heat foolishness.