PDA

View Full Version : Steelers: Rookie Sanders is catching on

Galax Steeler
10-29-2010, 03:35 AM
PITTSBURGH - Emmanuel Sanders thought he had blown his opportunity to be on the active roster each week on the opening play of the Steelers' game last Sunday against Miami.

While returning the kickoff, Sanders attempted to spin out of a tackle. But instead of spinning free, he wound up turning right into a hit by Miami's Lex Hilliard.

The ball squirted loose and the Dolphins recovered at the Pittsburgh 22-yard line - just about the worst possible thing that could happen, not just to the Steelers, but to Sanders as well.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/10-29-2010-Sanders-catching-on

stillers4me
10-29-2010, 06:26 AM
I was really impressed with how he shook off the fumble and came back to prove he was worthy of the position.

And besides that.... he's smokin' hot..........:heh:

HollywoodSteel
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
The end of that article said that Harrison was awarded an interception for the final defensive play of the game. I could have sworn that ball bounced. Is it because that's the way they called it on the field and didn't bother to review it during the game? Or was it really a pick?

Merchant
10-29-2010, 02:07 PM
And besides that.... he's smokin' hot..........:heh:

Pause.

EDIT: Oh you're a girl lol. My bad :P

CPanther95
10-29-2010, 03:58 PM
The end of that article said that Harrison was awarded an interception for the final defensive play of the game. I could have sworn that ball bounced. Is it because that's the way they called it on the field and didn't bother to review it during the game? Or was it really a pick?

Ruled an interception on the field - never reviewed. They said after the fact that it would have been ruled a fumble recovery.

Psycho Ward 86
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM

On the field, it was originally ruled an interception, and they took it away from him and ruled it an incompletion. A couple days ago they changed it to an interception for Harrison. It's on NFL.com...

X-Terminator
10-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Good for him to bounce back after the fumble. I really like this kid and what he brings to the table. There were some who were wondering who will take over for Hines as the "go-to" guy in the offense when he retires. Sanders could be that guy, with the speed to turn a 10-yard pass into a 50-yard TD.

Kaeg
10-29-2010, 08:59 PM
I just rewatched it last night and I could swear I saw a slight bounce first.

Count Steeler
10-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Kudos to Tomlin for not pulling the plug on Sanders. He sent him right back out there and Sanders almost returned one all the way. A TD on a kickoff would certainly help against the Aints.

Galax Steeler
10-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Kudos to Tomlin for not pulling the plug on Sanders. He sent him right back out there and Sanders almost returned one all the way. A TD on a kickoff would certainly help against the Aints.

I would love to see him take one to the house that is something we don't have often.