PDA

View Full Version : On The Steelers: Hood faces test in first start

stillers4me
10-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Thursday, October 28, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/20101028steelers_330.jpg
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood on potentially making his first career start Sunday against the Saints, "You dream about the chance."

Ask any athlete in any professional sport how he remembers the first game he started, and he will respond with more details than he can recall from his first date.
Take Steelers defensive end Nick Eason, who entered the NFL in 2003 and had to wait a long time before he made his first start in 2006. Those are games you just don't forget.
"You know what? I don't remember mine," Eason said Wednesday as he shed another day's worth of practice uniform.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10301/1098689-66.stm#ixzz13eFxm2gB

Kaeg
10-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Off topic, but I noticed at the bottom of this article in the quick hits section. They have awarded Harrison that interception that was ruled an incompletion in the game? If I understand it correctly. Does that mean he gets the interception on his "resume"? And would it change the in-game stats? It's not like they can go back and give us possession of the ball now. Although I think I remember it was on 4th down anyway, so that point is moot. I just don't know how this works.

You know; rereading my question, I don't think even I know what I'm trying to ask. It kind of got lost in the question. I suppose if it wasn't 4th down, I could ask what could happen now. Since we didn't get possession in the game, they couldn't change it now. But would Harrison still get the INT in that case? If anyone still has trouble understanding the question much like I still do, just forget it! :wtf:

vasteeler
10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Off topic, but I noticed at the bottom of this article in the quick hits section. They have awarded Harrison that interception that was ruled an incompletion in the game? If I understand it correctly. Does that mean he gets the interception on his "resume"? And would it change the in-game stats? It's not like they can go back and give us possession of the ball now. Although I think I remember it was on 4th down anyway, so that point is moot. I just don't know how this works.

You know; rereading my question, I don't think even I know what I'm trying to ask. It kind of got lost in the question. I suppose if it wasn't 4th down, I could ask what could happen now. Since we didn't get possession in the game, they couldn't change it now. But would Harrison still get the INT in that case? If anyone still has trouble understanding the question much like I still do, just forget it! :wtf:

i dont know but i thought the ball hit the ground

steeldevil
10-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I think it was ruled an INT on the field and they just didn't review it because it was fourth down so we got the ball either way. So yes "officially" it is an INT for Harrison, even though the ball clearly hit the ground.

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Since we didn't get possession in the game, they couldn't change it now. But would Harrison still get the INT in that case? If anyone still has trouble understanding the question much like I still do, just forget it! :wtf:

Yup, Harrison was awarded the interception on his statistics: http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesharrison/profile?id=HAR600985

Although that ball definitely hit the ball whatever lol. I ain't complaining.

CPanther95
10-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Upon review, it would have been a fumble.

Very rare case where whether it was a fumble, incomplete, or interception - the spot and possession was not affected.

SteelerFanInStl
10-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Upon review, it would have been a fumble.

Very rare case where whether it was a fumble, incomplete, or interception - the spot and possession was not affected.

Yep, that play was discussed and they said that it should have been reviewed because it actually was a fumble.

Galax Steeler
10-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Hopefully Hood can hold his own come Sunday. He has had plenty of time to prepare for this game maybe he will come out with something to prove.