PDA

View Full Version : Evander starting for Smith opinion thread

cold-hard-steel
10-27-2010, 06:42 PM
We should see what we have in this young man now. I do think the defense will change along the line with him starting.I also expect offenses to try and manipulate this as well. Hood has his shot,he is the next man up.:old:

Galax Steeler
10-28-2010, 03:21 AM
I think he will do fine I am sure he will hit some rocky road along the way but that comes with the territory. Let's go Hood show them why they drafted you number 1.

stlrtruck
10-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Time for him to stand up, step out, and knock a few offensive lineman, rb's, and qb's around the field on Sunday's.

fansince'76
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Hope the high ankle sprain he's still not 100% recovered from doesn't hinder him too much. :pray:

Psycho Ward 86
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't get why he hasn't been on the injury report at all with if he has a HIGH ankle sprain. That stuff will severely hinder you at any position.

cold-hard-steel
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
It's hard to say how he will perform i think,but the guy has to feel good about starting a game. I mean come on man, you are starting for the STEELERS. I think the staff have probably discussed that with him already. He knows all of us will be checkin him out,and he know's the coach will too. I hope they throw everything at him in practice so he will not be surprised at how big of shoes he is filling up. I change that around.......I don't think they expect him to fill Smiths shoes. But.......he knows whos shoes he is trying to fill.

MULLDOG24
10-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I think Hood will be fine and I know offenses will game plan for him and probably throw a bunch of stuff at Hood but he has to go through a "trial by fire" so to speak. Experience is the best teacher for him at this time.

cold-hard-steel
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
I think Hood will be fine and I know offenses will game plan for him and probably throw a bunch of stuff at Hood but he has to go through a "trial by fire" so to speak. Experience is the best teacher for him at this time.

Nice read guy. Thats kinda what i was thinking too. More than likely they will give him a test,i hope he passes. I expect that he will not be isolated either. He will have the other boys on his side. Always somebody watchin your back type of thing.Dick is just too smart to game plan otherwise.

cold-hard-steel
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
You have to know going into this game,that N.O. is bound to put the test to him.
He will be the man this Sunday. He is the young buck,and i wish him luck.

SteelerFanInStl
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm anxious to see what he can do. Let's go Ziggy!

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Hope the high ankle sprain he's still not 100% recovered from doesn't hinder him too much. :pray:

Tomlin said in a recent interview that Hood's ankle is a non-factor at this point. He's fine.

HollywoodSteel
10-28-2010, 01:11 PM
That was a bit of a paraphrase. I found the actual quote:

How much of a factor has the ankle injury been to Ziggy Hood?

None. He hasn’t missed a practice or game.

http://pit.scout.com/2/1015665.html

cold-hard-steel
10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Earn the money bigboy,earn the money.

JayC
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
The good news: the saints can't run the ball.

The bad news: the saints can't run the ball.