PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Tomlin, NFL see things differently

LLT
10-27-2010, 04:37 AM
On the Steelers: Tomlin, NFL see things differently
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A feisty Mike Tomlin pulled on the gloves and gave the NFL a few pops to the nose Tuesday, not hard enough to draw blood or a fine, but enough to get his message across.

One swipe was aimed at Ray Anderson, the NFL vice president of football operations and the league's lead man in doling out fines and suspensions, although Tomlin never mentioned his name.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10300/1098287-66.stm#ixzz13YBa4zCG

LLT
10-27-2010, 04:46 AM
The Steelers today plan to work out defensive lineman Jay Alford, who played four games for Oakland this season before being released. Alford, from Penn State, was a third-round pick of the New York Giants (2007) and played two seasons for them before a knee injury ended his '09 season.

I will have to check this dude out.

LLT
10-27-2010, 06:02 AM
I will have to check this dude out.

Jay Alford NT/DE 6'3 304 lbs.

Drafted by the New York Giants in the third round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Saw limited duty with the Giants and the Raiders. (Served as the long snapper for the giants after their LS was injured) He played college football at Penn State.

He was the rookie that sacked Tom Brady for a ten yard loss with less than one minute left in the game during Super Bowl XLII.

He was just waived by the raiders on Oct 6th.

MULLDOG24
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
This guy has some things going for him if we sign him I hope he can contribute to the defense and be in the rotation. I would like to have him just cause he helped squash the Patsy's supebowl hopes a few years ago! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Duke
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, all I remember about him was the sack on brady in the superbowl. I thought he was pretty good and would replace fred robbins after the giants let him go

oneforthetoe
10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Interesting guy. If he played for the Gnats then he started in a 4-3. Honestly, I'm not sure what the Raiders play. We have had guys who played DT in a 4-3 make the transition and play well. I think Kimo Von Oelhoffen played DT in a 4-3 with the bungles because he was drafted before Lebeau changed them to 3-4. I'm not positive about that. Ray Seals is the other successful FA DE that comes to mind. He started with the Bucs, which tells me he was also probably a 4-3 DT.

SMR
10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
:focus:

Tomlin is my hero.

:)

Merchant
10-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Nice to see Tomlin speaking up for his team after all this recent league B.S.