PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Woodley expected to practice today

LLT
10-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Steelers' Woodley expected to practice today
By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 27, 2010

• As with defensive end Brett Keisel, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he is hopeful that outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will return from a hamstring injury Sunday night in New Orleans. Woodley, who left the Dolphins game in the second quarter and did not return, is expected to practice on a limited basis today. If he is unable to play, Tomlin said the Steelers will likely move inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons outside and start Larry Foote in Timmons' spot. Rookie outside linebacker Jason Worilds, who had a key pressure at the end of the Steelers' 23-22 win in Miami last Sunday, would also get more playing time if Woodley is out. "He made a significant play when we needed it," Tomlin said Tuesday during his weekly news conference.

Read more:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_706231.html

LLT
10-27-2010, 04:30 AM
If he is unable to play, Tomlin said the Steelers will likely move inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons outside and start Larry Foote in Timmons' spot.

I think I called this at the beginning of the season.

Galax Steeler
10-27-2010, 04:44 AM
This is some good news we need to get everyone healthy and ready for Sunday night.

LLT
10-27-2010, 05:50 AM
This is some good news we need to get everyone healthy and ready for Sunday night.

Foote looked great last week...I had to smile when he did his little sack dance. Good to see him back in black n gold

steelpride12
10-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Great to see Wood has a strong chance of starting and playing Sunday. We need him and Keisel back so we can jam the pressure down Bree's throat! I love the idea of Foote though in the middle if needed he was impressive last week and proved he's still got it in him.

SteelerFanInStl
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Good news! I hope that they're both back and ready to play on Sunday.

PalmerSteel
10-27-2010, 09:23 AM
great news. i could see him playing a little DE also. at least for this week to get hood in starter 'game shape'.