PDA

View Full Version : Jason Worilds

RushHard34
10-26-2010, 06:47 PM
What do you guys think after seeing him play a significant amount? If i remember correctly (drank a lot of beers) he was very close to sacks on multiple occasions, but was a split second too late. He may get his first start if Woodley can't go.

Our defense is starting to look like a hurting unit....hopefully the DB's can stay healthy.

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
He wasn't very close to sacks. He had 2-3 good hurries though! And that key QB knockdown that caused an incompletion in the last 2 and a half minutes

SteelerSal
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Looked very quick coming off the edge....almost a little to fast that he over ran the play a bit...even on the last play of the game but he was able to get back in the action and force the turnover on downs for the win.

RushHard34
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
He wasn't very close to sacks. He had 2-3 good hurries though! And that key QB knockdown that caused an incompletion in the last 2 and a half minutes
haha too much of this :alcohol:

steeldevil
10-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I like what I saw in his pass rush skills, but I would imagine he is not ready to play coverage. Hope Woodley can go.

tube517
10-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Although I'm a Hokie and am happy we got Worilds, he's still a rookie and he's got a long way to go. He did make a big play so he's off to a promising start.

Tomlin said in his press conference, that if Woodley can't go, Timmons would take over at Woodley's spot and Foote would take Timmons' spot. Worilds would be in on passing situations only and Timmons would slide back to his normal ILB position.

SteelerSal
10-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Although I'm a Hokie and am happy we got Worilds, he's still a rookie and he's got a long way to go. He did make a big play so he's off to a promising start.

Tomlin said in his press conference, that if Woodley can't go, Timmons would take over at Woodley's spot and Foote would take Timmons' spot. Worilds would be in on passing situations only and Timmons would slide back to his normal ILB position.

Sounds good..I believe that is what we saw last Sunday and it seemed to work well. Good to have Foote back.

SteelTheOne
10-26-2010, 07:12 PM
He looked very fast on the rush. Looks alot smaller than the other Linebackers.

Slanted August
10-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Its super early. Read somewhere that he is being compare to Clark Haggans. Will bite hard on the RB screens, end a rounds, etc but the guy needs to get real game time reps. Love Coach Diick but I wish these rookies on defense got sprinkled in their 1st year. I know the 3-4 is difficult to learn (See Silverback) but you cant beat experience. Maybe there is just too much risk.

SteelerSal
10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
He looked very fast on the rush. Looks alot smaller than the other Linebackers.

The guy is listed at 6'2" 262lbs....hardly small, my bold, italic friend. :lol:
http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/jason-worilds/5c613eee-74dc-496d-85ff-b2dfb90b0b14/

SteelerSal
10-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Its super early. Read somewhere that he is being compare to Clark Haggans. Will bite hard on the RB screens, end a rounds, etc but the guy needs to get real game time reps. Love Coach Diick but I wish these rookies on defense got sprinkled in their 1st year. I know the 3-4 is difficult to learn (See Silverback) but you cant beat experience. Maybe there is just too much risk.

You answered your own question about the "to much risk" with LeBeau's defense. IMO......We will see these guys full time, in a season or two. :)

Psycho Ward 86
10-26-2010, 07:19 PM
haha too much of this :alcohol:

maybe in pop warner football those look like nearsacks. His knockdown was the only one that was close.

Devilsdancefloor
10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
he looked good, but seem to "overrun" the QB and take himself out of the rush, but what i liked out of him is he NEVER gave up he kept after henne. plus for the most part held his end. He isnt there yet BUT he looked very promising

zulater
10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
He looked very fast rushing off the edge. When you consider he was getting his hurries on plays where they weren't blitzing, in fact it looked as though it was just a 3 man rush on his first two hurries, anyway throw in that type of speed on a play with a middle blitz and Worldis should have a few sacks flushed right into him.

steelreserve
10-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I liked what I saw of him. He got pressure on the QB, which is really what our defense depends on as much or more than sacks. He didn't look lost or make any dumb mistakes. I've also noticed him a few times on special teams. I'm afraid I have to take back my comments about him as a WTF Draft Pick. Either you "get it" or you don't as a rookie, and he's definitely shown he knows how to play the game at this level so far.

Craic
10-26-2010, 11:18 PM
He's a bust.

(someone was going to say it.. might as well be me :sarcasm:)

XxKnightxX
10-26-2010, 11:57 PM
He provides a different look to our outside rushes. He is a type of person who has similar speed to Timmons in comparison to our roster. And when Woodley and Harrison rush its usually a power rush in which they just initiate contact and just collapse the pocket. What Worilds was doing in his rushes was something that Pass rushers like Freeney or Mathis do, he dipped his hips extremely low and used his speed to get around guys. Its definitely a different pass rushing style and I liked it since the Big and strong Dolphins O line could have stopped him if he confronted them but he used pure speed and athleticism and couldnt keep up with him. So overall hes a person that can come in and give our players a breather and seems to be learning the system.

steelpride12
10-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Didn't get to see enough to call him good just yet, but the kid has potential. He seems to be a natural pass rusher with the speed, moves, and quickness to beat the tackles. He made two hurries and was rushing the QB which I found to be impressive! Now about his pass coverage we have no idea.

Galax Steeler
10-27-2010, 03:41 AM
I got to watch alot of him in college he has alot of speed and a nose for the ball. Give him some time and I don't think no one on here will be dissapointed with him.