PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Tomlin Takes a Few Shots at NFL

stillers4me
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Tuesday, 26 October 2010 15:18
Written by Ed Bouchette http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/templates/pg_twn/images/emailButton.png (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3BsdXMuc2l0ZXMucG9zdC1nYXpldHRlLmNvb S9pbmRleC5waHAvc3BvcnRzLXRvd24vc3RlZWxlcnMvMTA1OTQ xLWVkLXRvbWxpbi10YWtlcy1hLWZldy1zaG90cy1hdC1uZmw%3 D)

Mike Tomlin is not happy with the way the NFL is treating his players, apparently. He did not name names but he was asked about his players possibly “pulling back” on tackles Sunday because they feared the NFL crackdown.

Ray Anderson, the NFL’s VP of football operations and resident hanging judge, lauded Harrison because he “heeded our emphasis” and said “There certainly was one play, on a hit on a running back, that James Harrison may have taken a shot at the running back going down, and Harrison let up . . . I applaud James for restraining himself.’’

Tomlin said he did not see any of his players “letting up.’’
“I didn’t see anything of that nature. If I appear short, it’s because it’s somewhat insulting to me to assume we’re doing anything under any normal circumstances other than trying to play within the rules..............

http://ht.ly/19EhRx

fansince'76
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Mike Tomlin is not happy with the way the NFL is treating his players, apparently. He did not name names but he was asked about his players possibly “pulling back” on tackles Sunday because they feared the NFL crackdown.There were defensive players all over the league pulling up to avoid fines/suspensions. It was pointed out during last night's game that this past Sunday had the highest per game combined scoring average for one week in over two decades, and I seriously doubt it was a coincidence. Can't recall if it was mentioned before or after Terence Newman pulled up to avoid a big hit which allowed Mario Manningham to basically waltz into the end zone for a TD, but that's immaterial. Der Kommissar is beginning to get the Arena League pinball scoring game he wanted.

tube517
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Larry Fitzgerald was on the radio last night during halftime of the Giants/Cryboys game and said that Lawyer Milloy told him that he pulled up and couldn't hit him like in the past.

There were defensive players all over the league pulling up to avoid fines/suspensions. It was pointed out during last night's game that this past Sunday had the highest per game combined scoring average for one week in over two decades, and I seriously doubt it was a coincidence. Can't recall if it was mentioned before or after Terence Newman pulled up to avoid a big hit which allowed Mario Manningham to basically waltz into the end zone for a TD, but that's immaterial. Der Kommissar is beginning to get the Arena League pinball scoring game he wanted.

Texasteel
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Larry Fitzgerald was on the radio last night during halftime of the Giants/Cryboys game and said that Lawyer Milloy told him that he pulled up and couldn't hit him like in the past.

Guess Goodell finally found a way to keep Brady's skirt clean.

SteelerFanInStl
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Yep, the passing numbers are going to continue going through the roof because the WRs have been given free reign over the whole field.

SMR
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
This.Makes.Me.Sick.To.The.Pit.

cold-hard-steel
10-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Hope Tomlin doesn't get a fine for going against the Dicktaster-ship.

ALLD
10-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Manning and Brady have to set all new passing records in order for people to tune in.

BigNastyDefense
10-26-2010, 07:29 PM
I hope defenders just say "fuck it" and start laying people out as long as it isn't shots to the head/neck.

SteelerSal
10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Games are gonna resemble what we see when we watch the Pro Bowl game....defenses will half heartedly try for fear of fines and suspensions and when this happens, the XFL can try and make a comeback because their will be harder hits by the two opposing players that run down and fight for the ball at the beginning of the game (their version of the coin toss).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeeVwkLYD5g&feature=more_related

Devilsdancefloor
10-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Well i hope more and more coaches and former players start speaking up

cold-hard-steel
10-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Well i hope more and more coaches and former players start speaking up

That is an understatement. He is taking a risk from his speaking out like that.One more reason to admire that guy!

Galax Steeler
10-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Hope Tomlin doesn't get a fine for going against the Dicktaster-ship.

If dumb ass Goodell can get a dollar out of it then you know he will.

SMR
10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
If dumb ass Goodell can get a dollar out of it then you know he will.

Screw Goodell, Go TOMLIN, keep letting her rip!

Craic
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Loved the comments by Tomlin.

BTW, did any of you notice... that it WASNT Good-deal that actually determines the fines for the hits?

cold-hard-steel
10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Loved the comments by Tomlin.

BTW, did any of you notice... that it WASNT Good-deal that actually determines the fines for the hits?

No,i for one did not know who doled out the fines. The time has come to put the game back in the hands of the ones who actually play it. I applaud Tomlin for confronting the way this game is "trying" to become.

Shoes
10-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Goodell doesn't have the spine to fine Tomlin.

CPanther95
10-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't blame him. It's ridiculous for anyone from the league office to "commend" a player by name for "letting up".

If I were Tomlin, I'd have said that he's told Harrison that if he gets any more "commendations" from the league for a play like that, he's going to bench him for a quarter.

stlrtruck
10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Great Tomlin will probably receive a fine and the patriots* get another draft pick.