PDA

View Full Version : Adapt and overcome: Steelers march on without Smith

stillers4me
10-26-2010, 05:46 AM
The triceps injury that Aaron Smith suffered in the Steelers' 23-22 win against the Dolphins may not just end his season. It could also signal the end of an era for the player that may be the standard for 3-4 defensive ends.

By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smith is 34, and he has had three major injuries in the last four years.
Juxtapose that with Smith not missing a game from 2000-05, and it suggests that his body is breaking down after more than a decade of mixing it up with 300-pound offensive linemen -- and usually more than one of them at a time, as Smith is frequently double-teamed.

Perhaps that is why outside linebacker James Harrison said of Smith's latest injury, "It's got to be heartbreaking for him."

It could be for the Steelers too..................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_706103.html

stillers4me
10-26-2010, 05:47 AM
I guess the advantage to having sucked so bad last year without him, is that this time we know what to fix. :noidea:

SirHulka
10-26-2010, 06:27 AM
But you didn't.

Better buy some 4-leaf clovers for Polamalu.

cold-hard-steel
10-26-2010, 06:59 AM
But you didn't.

Better buy some 4-leaf clovers for Polamalu.

Coming from a Browneye fan i will let that one slide. No doubt his absense will be somewhat felt,but i think we have all the personell to make the changes that will be needed to be made.Not to mention one of the great defensive minds in all of football.If i were you i would be more concerned about building off of your big win you guys are coming off of. We could employ 3 down lineman,5 linbackers,and 3 db's. Nobody knows till this point. Maybe Dick will come up with an 8 linbacker scheme. LOL

zulater
10-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Until the Steelers officially put Aaron on the IR I'm still reserving hope that there's a chance he could come back for the playoffs.

venom
10-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Tomlin now saying that Smith's season may not be over !!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5729422

MULLDOG24
10-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I hope Tomlin's assessment is right and we can get Smith back for the end of the season or the playoffs. I think this team has a solid chance at another title if fully healthy.

solardave
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Until the Steelers officially put Aaron on the IR I'm still reserving hope that there's a chance he could come back for the playoffs.

That's really asking a lot but we can hope.