PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Reed: NFL ordered evaluation

Killer
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Screw you Goodell

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Steelers kicker Jeff Reed says the NFL ordered him to undergo an evaluation after he became involved in an alcohol-related dispute with Pittsburgh police following a home game in October.

Reed was cleared in that case after completing 40 hours of community service. Earlier last year, he paid a fine after police near Pittsburgh accused him of damaging a paper towel dispenser and harassing employees at a convenience store a few weeks after the Steelers won the Super Bowl.

Reed's NFL-mandated evaluation apparently was similar to that recently completed by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who was suspended six games for violating the league's personal conduct policy after a Georgia college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in March.

While discussing Roethlisberger's problems Thursday, Reed revealed that he also was required by the league to undergo an unspecified evaluation.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/06/03/1291441/steelers-reed-nfl-ordered-evaluation.html

-------------------

Just another chance for the press to drag Ben's name thorugh the mud.

MasterOfPuppets
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
reed will probably fail...:lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
He is a little messed up.. lol (When drinking) So is Spaeth next for pissing? That was Spaeth with him right? I forget..

hawaiiansteeler
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
why would anyone see the need to have Reed's mental situation evaluated? :sarcasm2:

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jeff_reed_steelers_drunk2-400x300.jpghttp://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/jeff_reed_steelers_drunk-400x300.jpg

klick81
06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Looks like this asshole GODell has a huge hard-on for Steelers players. Who else has been required to undergo these evaluations?

ALLD
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
The dude looks like Pauly Shore. I would be unbalanced too if people kept coming up to me asking for an autogrpagh thinking I was in "Biodrome".

SteelerEmpire
06-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Why did I know that they were gonna go after this guy with that....:pray:

steelerdude15
06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Reed is one... interesting character.

steelpride12
06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
I live right beside, and I mean literally to the Sheetz in New Alexandria where Reed attacked the towel dispenser. He is one funny guy when drunk. Goodell just has to keep picking on the Steelers.

stillers4me
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm afraid of what they might find in Reed's head. :chuckle:

Shea
06-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Why the disdain from a few of you towards Goodell and his decision to require Reed to undergo evaluation?

You get so plastered in public where you get to the point of going completely bonkers and apeshit in a public restroom, and even worse, you then become combative towards the police.

That's not normal behavior people, and it therefore makes it justifiable and appropriate for an evaluation and perhaps counseling after that.

Shoes
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
They are going to place Reed in a claustrophobic room filled with paper towel dispensers :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Did Tom Brady have to go through a mental evaluation after getting his girlfriend pregnant and then leaving her?

kmsteelerwr15
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
What they find wrong with Reed may end these evaluations; they will be too scared to evaluate NFL players.

Mattsme
06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I would have loved to see goodell try to "evaluate" someone like Ernie Holmes. The commish is a joke.

Shea
06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Did Tom Brady have to go through a mental evaluation after getting his girlfriend pregnant and then leaving her?

You do realize that men have been doing this for decades, right??

Doesn't make it right but it's not an appropriate example for debate on this subject.

BigNastyDefense
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
You do realize that men have been doing this for decades, right??

Doesn't make it right but it's not an appropriate example for debate on this subject.

Yes, I do realize this. But if Roger Goodell is going to be the morality police....then anything immoral a player does should be brought into question.

SteelersinCA
06-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Reed should be evaluated, I have no problem with this.

BigNastyDefense
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Reed should be evaluated, I have no problem with this.

Neither do I. I don't want people to get me wrong and think that I don't think Reed needs evaluated. I personally think the guy needs AA meetings.

But I want to know how Goodell decides who needs to take an evaluation and who doesn't.

Hindes204
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I like reed, but you gotta admit, he does have quite a few screws loose in his head. I have no problem with this evaluation

Hindes204
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Neither do I. I don't want people to get me wrong and think that I don't think Reed needs evaluated. I personally think the guy needs AA meetings.

But I want to know how Goodell decides who needs to take an evaluation and who doesn't.

Reeds run ins have been out there in the news, everybody knows he's a bit of a kook when drinking, I'm guessing that has something to do with goodells decision

SteelerEmpire
06-03-2010, 11:05 PM
what happens if he fails it ?

fansince'76
06-04-2010, 01:40 AM

I was going to ask the same thing about Joey Porter's recent arrest for DUI and resisting arrest.

Craic
06-04-2010, 03:09 AM

I was in disagreement with you right up to this post. I too would like to know. I agree Ben should have been evaluated. Have no problem with that. I agree attacking a towel dispenser and going at a police officer warrants an evaluation. However, you bring up a good point... FS front and center please!

I was going to ask the same thing about Joey Porter's recent arrest for DUI and resisting arrest.

Bingo. And this is his second offense of a serious nature (and resisting arrest, I consider, is a series nature). The last one... cold-cocking another NFL player in Vegas. If Reed should be evaluated (and he should be) so should Porter.

Galax Steeler
06-04-2010, 03:37 AM
I hope he gets through his evaluation ok and we can get the Steelers back where they need to be I am tired of all of this off season stuff.

solardave
06-04-2010, 05:01 AM
I live right beside, and I mean literally to the Sheetz in New Alexandria where Reed attacked the towel dispenser. He is one funny guy when drunk. Goodell just has to keep picking on the Steelers.

Sure he does. How do you think he justifies destroying the evidence against the Cheatriots. We could easily have 8 if he didn't do that. I'm not bitter. I just hate him and Craft, and Belecheat,and Brady, and New England as a whole,and clam chowder or in Brady's case man chowder. I think I probably said enough.

Killer
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I am tired of all of this off season stuff.

Not much kicker talk during camp either, they have to throw in a WR to sex it up.

Reed practices kicking to prepare for camp

Jeff Reed is kicking two times per week as he prepares for training camp. "I tell the younger guys and myself sometimes (that) I don't seem to overkick too much," Reed said yesterday. "You limit your reps and just make them quality." The Steelers break for the summer following their workout this coming Thursday. "I'll go home, take a week off and then I'll get back into a routine and be ready for camp." said Reed, who has connected on 83 percent of his field goals in eight seasons. Reed, who had three touchbacks last season, added that he thinks some may be concerned with his ability to handle kickoffs. "No matter how young you are with a strong leg, or being 31 like myself kicking off, my goal is to keep my job," he said. "You always have to prove yourself."

Antonio Brown is second in Mid-American Conference history with 305 receptions, so his unhappiness over falling to the sixth round of the NFL Draft is understandable. "Of course I expected to go a lot higher,'' said Brown, Central Michigan's career receiving leader and the only player in school history with two 1,000-yard receiving seasons and a pair of 100-reception campaigns. Brown has been receiving guidance from Green Bay star Greg Jennings, a fellow MAC product from Western Michigan. "He told me to work on little things as far as coming out of my cuts, staying focused and don't worry about the critics," Brown said. "He just said follow in his footsteps."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_684387.html