PDA

View Full Version : Steelers nip Dolphins thanks to bizarre ruling on strange fourth-quarter play

LLT
10-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Steelers nip Dolphins thanks to bizarre ruling on strange fourth-quarter playMonday, October 25, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/dianasteelers102410_13_500.jpg

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Having just picked the pockets of the bewildered Miami Dolphins, the Steelers were looking for a fast exit before ... who knows?

"Hurry up guys," coach Mike Tomlin told the news media as he entered their room following the Steelers' bizarre, 23-22 victory Sunday. "We have the buses warmed up."

Perhaps Tomlin remembered what Miami went through 10 years ago to win a game in New England by three points. The game ended, the teams left the field, and the Dolphins celebrated clinching the division. Ten minutes later, referee Johnny Grier informed Miami coach Dave Wannstedt that his team had to return to the field because the officials blew the call that was overturned by replay (Miami finished the win 35 minutes later).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10298/1097874-66.stm#ixzz13MMenO81

LLT
10-25-2010, 04:22 AM
Dolphins insist they had ball in end zoneMonday, October 25, 2010
By Bill Van Smith, Special to the Post-Gazette

MIAMI GARDENS -- Players seemed baffled rather than angry in the Dolphins locker room Sunday after their 23-22 loss to the Steelers.

The game turned in the final minutes deep in Dolphins territory when officials, after a lengthy video review of Ben Roethlisberger's third-down run, determined that the Steelers quarterback had fumbled before crossing the Dolphins' goal line but could not determine who recovered the loose ball in the end zone. The Steelers were awarded the ball at the Dolphins' half-yard line and kicker Jeff Reed knocked through the game-winning field goal on fourth down.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10298/1097930-66.stm#ixzz13MQmV41J

Aussie_steeler
10-25-2010, 04:49 AM
They should be more baffled as to why they only came away with One TD and five FG's.

LLT
10-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Here is a pic that shows Ikaika Alama-Francis on the ball, but not in possession of it....I would love to have the next few seconds of what happened, on video, from this angle. I know that Alama-Francis got out of the pile with the ball, but in this pic he doesnt have his arms around it. According to our RT, Jonathon Scott, he claims that he had the ball, not Alama-Francis, and let it go when he was told to by the ref who was saying that it was a touchdown.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/1359561/73420_Steelers_Dolphins_Football.jpg

Aussie_steeler
10-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Inglorious shot of Kemo " heads down bum up". So many Tim Lumber jokes come to mind

Now thats funny LLT

LLT
10-25-2010, 05:30 AM
A mystery at the bottom of the pile
By Mike Prisuta -- WDVE-FM

a a FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Dolphins linebacker Ikaika Alma-Francis emerged from the mass of humanity in the end zone with the football.

But when did he get it? And how did he get it? And had there been other hands claiming ownership of what was eventually ruled a fumble by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger with 2:30 remaining on Sunday afternoon at Sun Life Stadium?

Read more:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/A-mystery-at-the-bottom-of-the-pile/6dd734e9-8c1d-47a4-bf97-d0aa3faeee76

HometownGal
10-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Sparano says it best:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano also held back any show of anger.

"I'm not going to get into what I think," he said. "What I think at the end of the day is it was a big play in the game, but it shouldn't have come down to that play. We had plenty of opportunities to win the football game and we didn't.

stillers4me
10-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Offensive tackle Jonathan Scotthttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/jonathan-scott/0d242b24-ef4d-49d3-90d1-dfe6c1f6c863/) said the field goal by Reed shouldn’t have been necessary.

“Yeah, me and (guard) Doug (Legursky) had it,” Scott said. “We definitely had it. My arm went numb getting it. It was a situation where Doug had two hands on it and I had one. The ref said, ‘Let go, it’s a touchdown, let go, it’s a touchdown.’ So we let the ball go.

“It’s conflicting from what the ref said when he was explaining the whole situation because if we had the football it would have been a touchdown. Now, the situation of who gets the touchdown, either me or Doug, you don’t really know.”

Head Linesman Jerry Bergman signaled touchdown as Roethlisberger was crossing the goal line, a call that was overturned by Steratore’s replay review. The official play-by-play sheet explained, as Steratore had on the field, that the “2nd part of review was not able to determine who recovered the ball.”

“Under that pile I was holding onto it with one of their guys and whoever else was under there,” Roethlisberger said. “But I actually had a whole arm around it until the ref was patting me on the back saying ‘touchdown,’ so I let go. I heard ‘touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown,’ so I let go. I didn’t want my arm to get broken.

“I had a piece of it under there. And so, I believe, did Doug Legurskyhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/doug-legursky/5eca2c1f-b77b-4d64-b12b-a521751be264/). We were holding onto it, as was their player. I’m not denying that he (was) holding onto it. But we let go so that’s just a matter of how do you tell who recovered the ball? I don’t know how you do it.”

. If even one Steelers had their hands on that ball after the fumble then it was a TD. They let it go because the refs told them it was a TD and then the Phins came up with the ball. Maybe we was robbed of some points and the whole arguement is moot.

Who knows....only that it's much better for the media to make a stink beause the Steelers won.

stillers4me
10-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Sparano says it best:

At that is the bottom line. That's the Steelers way. I'm sick of football players acting like whiney little girls.

Kaeg
10-25-2010, 06:09 AM
We would have been the ones screwed if it was ruled Dolphins ball. And I believe unfairly. As much as the Dolphins may be able to claim it was unfair the way it happened. Then it wouldn't have been fair either because of the several times mentioned fact that it was initially ruled a TD and we really had no reason to fight for it at that point. I'm just glad that some of them did fight for it anyway, seemingly for no reason, and at least made it unclear who came up with it.

Vis
10-25-2010, 06:39 AM
At that is the bottom line. That's the Steelers way. I'm sick of football players acting like whiney little girls.

Did they threaten to retire?

Texasteel
10-25-2010, 06:42 AM
I think it was the proper can. I said that last night. You can not award the ball to the Fins because you think they may have been able to cover it. It was the Steelers ball before that mess, it should have and was the Steelers ball after.

Texasteel
10-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Did they threaten to retire?

Don't fret about it. I'm sure half the Steeler offense will be fined over this.

TheRuneMeister
10-25-2010, 06:49 AM
The way I see it, the second they call touchdown on the field there is no way it would be fair to award the ball to the Dolphins since the Steeler players 'might' have stopped playing the ball after seeing the TD call. (though it looks like they didn't). Especially not when breaking up the pile by telling the Steelers players that it was ruled a touchdown. Someone has to let go at some point...at we are talking more than 30 seconds after the play is dead.

I know that is not the rule, but that is simply the only fair way to look at it. They should stop whining and be happy that it wasn't ruled a TD after review.

Its not like they didn't get the ball in their hands at the end of the game to win it. All they needed was a field goal, and they came up short.

EDIT: And by the way. Why doesn't anyone mention the 'dirty tactics' in choosing their white 'away' uniforms in order to try and overheat their opponents (same as tampa). Talk about 'cheating' your way to an advantage.

Vis
10-25-2010, 07:18 AM
The way I see it, the second they call touchdown on the field there is no way it would be fair to award the ball to the Dolphins since the Steeler players 'might' have stopped playing the ball after seeing the TD call. (though it looks like they didn't). Especially not when breaking up the pile by telling the Steelers players that it was ruled a touchdown. Someone has to let go at some point...at we are talking more than 30 seconds after the play is dead.

I know that is not the rule, but that is simply the only fair way to look at it. They should stop whining and be happy that it wasn't ruled a TD after review.

Its not like they didn't get the ball in their hands at the end of the game to win it. All they needed was a field goal, and they came up short.

EDIT: And by the way. Why doesn't anyone mention the 'dirty tactics' in choosing their white 'away' uniforms in order to try and overheat their opponents (same as tampa). Talk about 'cheating' your way to an advantage.

Isn't it true that only Ben could have recovered it for the Steelers?

You can't be serious about the uniform color thing.

SteelMember
10-25-2010, 07:24 AM

I believe the "holy roller" rule states that only the fumbler can "advance" the fumble.

Anyone can recover it.

The fact the the officials weren't looking for possession early didn't leave them much room to assume any more than on the play... even after the review.

SteelMember
10-25-2010, 07:28 AM
One thing's for sure though... Ben was very sloppy and careless with the ball, more than once yesterday.

Texasteel
10-25-2010, 07:30 AM

Not sure Vic but I think that is to advance the fumble. It would not have been a TD.

Not saying this was an intentional dirty trick, but you wear a black tee shirt out in the hot sun and I think you will notice a difference. I never wear black during our summers.

Vis
10-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Not sure Vic but I think that is to advance the fumble. It would not have been a TD.

Not saying this was an intentional dirty trick, but you wear a black tee shirt out in the hot sun and I think you will notice a difference. I never wear black during our summers.

Miami has worn white at home since 72.

tube517
10-25-2010, 07:43 AM
That's true but that rule applies only in the last 2 minutes or any time on 4th down.

I believe the "holy roller" rule states that only the fumbler can "advance" the fumble.

Anyone can recover it.

The fact the the officials weren't looking for possession early didn't leave them much room to assume any more than on the play... even after the review.

Vis
10-25-2010, 07:46 AM
What's the rule about fumbling into the endzone? I can't find the actual rule.

tube517
10-25-2010, 07:53 AM
If they fumble it into the end zone and the ball goes out of bounds, it is a touchback for the defense and they get the ball. So, if Ben's fumble went out in the back of the end zone, it would be Miami ball at their 20. Otherwise, any member of the Steelers can recover it because it was not in the final 2 minutes or 4th down.

LLT
10-25-2010, 08:01 AM

I believe...that the Holy Roller Rule says.... If an offensive player fumbles during the last two minutes of a half or on fourth down... only the player that fumbled can recover and advance the ball. If another offensive player recovers the ball it is placed back at the spot of the fumble. If a defensive player recovers they can advance the ball as far as possible.

In the case yesterday (shich was not a 4th down or within the last two minutes)...had the whistle NOT been blown and an offensive player recovered in the end-zone, it is a touchdown...if recovered by a defensive player it is a touchback and they get the ball on the 20.

Texasteel
10-25-2010, 08:04 AM

Don't say it was a dirty trick, just said it makes a difference.

X-Terminator
10-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Don't say it was a dirty trick, just said it makes a difference.

The Steelers could do the same thing to teams in September when it's still pretty warm here, but the fans would riot if they didn't wear black at home.

LLT
10-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Not true.

They do wear white at home during day games....but the Dolphins traditionally wear the Aqua uniforms at home during night games.

Texasteel
10-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Not true.

They do wear white at home during day games....but the Dolphins traditionally wear the Aqua uniforms at home during night games.

Now that makes it sound a little more fishy.

X-Terminator
10-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Not true.

They also have an orange alternate jersey that they wear at home once or twice a year.

TheRuneMeister
10-25-2010, 09:12 AM

Its a fact that they do it for the 1'o'clock starts (mostly) in order to force the opponent to wear colors. Tampa did the same thing against the Steelers this year, though I don't know if they have a tradition of doing that like Miami does. I don't know how big an effect it has, but in my book it is kind of a dirty trick and they know it. The heat and humidity alone gives them the same advantage that the winter gives the Steelers at home games. No need to be jerks about it.

As others have mentioned, the recovery rule only applies in the last 2 minutes and on 4th down.(unless they changed it recently)

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Its a fact that they do it for the 1'o'clock starts (mostly) in order to force the opponent to wear colors. Tampa did the same thing against the Steelers this year, though I don't know if they have a tradition of doing that like Miami does. I don't know how big an effect it has, but in my book it is kind of a dirty trick and they know it. The heat and humidity alone gives them the same advantage that the winter gives the Steelers at home games. No need to be jerks about it.

As others have mentioned, the recovery rule only applies in the last 2 minutes and on 4th down.(unless they changed it recently)

There are no rules about which uniform to wear. Home team picks.

I thought there was a specific endzone rule so a player being tackled couldn't fumble forward for a TD

TheRuneMeister
10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
There are no rules about which uniform to wear. Home team picks.

I thought there was a specific endzone rule so a player being tackled couldn't fumble forward for a TD
That certainly rings a bell, but I honestly can't remember. Was pretty sure that the rule was within 2min or on 4th down.
Regarding the uniforms, most teams have a home jersey and an away jersey. Obviously they make the decision on which one to wear (exhibit 1: yesterdays game), but they do it for the specific purpose of forcing opponents to wear colors, and thereby be more affected by the heat. Its just a bit unsportsmanlike if you ask me. If that was their home jersey all year, then it would be a different story.

Anyway, don't mind me. I am european, and we are pretty strict about the whole home/away jersey thing in general. Thats probably why it bugs me a bit more.

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I can't find the rule book online. Anyone have a link?

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I can't find the rule book online. Anyone have a link?

Digest of Rules Main

Fumble
The distinction between a fumble and a muff should be kept in mind in considering rules about fumbles. A fumble is the loss of player possession of the ball. A muff is the touching of a loose ball by a player in an unsuccessful attempt to obtain possession.
A fumble may be advanced by any player on either team regardless of whether recovered before or after ball hits the ground.
A fumble that goes forward and out of bounds will return to the fumbling team at the spot of the fumble unless the ball goes out of bounds in the opponent’s end zone. In this case, it is a touchback.
On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.
A muffed hand-to-hand snap from center is treated as a fumble

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Face it, we got lucky because Ben definately fumbled and the Dolphins definately came out of the pile with the football.

All those fans that ever complained we got jobbed by the officials in the past need to recognize that the screwed up to the Steelers benefit this time...........and quickly move on to next week.

LLT
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM

You are thinking of the rule initiated by the famous Holy Roller play. You can look up that play and it will explain what happned and what the change was.

Here is the actual rule on fumbles. I will highlight the change made due to the Holy Roller.

Fumble

The distinction between a fumble and a muff should be kept in mind in considering rules about fumbles. A fumble is the loss of player possession of the ball. A muff is the touching of a loose ball by a player in an unsuccessful attempt to obtain possession.
A fumble may be advanced by any player on either team regardless of whether recovered before or after ball hits the ground.

A fumble that goes forward and out of bounds will return to the fumbling team at the spot of the fumble unless the ball goes out of bounds in the opponent’s end zone. In this case, it is a touchback.

On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.

A muffed hand-to-hand snap from center is treated as a fumble
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Saw that. It's a summary. It specifically says you can't rely on it. I'm looking for the full rules. I think it's interesting that it isn't available.
I seem to recall that, at least at one time, if you fumbled outside the endzone and the ball is recovered in the endzone, it's a touchback regardless of who gets it.

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Saw that. It's a summary. It specifically says you can't rely on it. I'm looking for the full rules. I think it's interesting that it isn't available.
I seem to recall that, at least at one time, if you fumbled outside the endzone and the ball is recovered in the endzone, it's a touchback regardless of who gets it.

I remember watching other games in the recent past where ball carriers fumbled into the endzone and o-lineman recoverd for tds. Gotta put my thinking cap on.

XxKnightxX
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Havent you guys noticed that we have yet to wear our White Jerseys this whole year? I kinda like it lol I think were finally gonna wear our Whites next week since NO will Black Out in their unis being that Its Halloween.

LLT
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM

I have looked for the full rule book before and cant find it ANYWHERE on the web.

I think you are incorrect in your recollection of the rule.
There are two different scenerios in regards to an offensive player recovering a fumble in their endzone...and neither would be a touchback.

I think what MOST people are missing (though I heard Mike Golic mention it this morning) is that the whole debate about who actually recovered the ball is a mute point.....There could NOT be a recovery yesterday because the ball was declared dead at the whistle.

LLT
10-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I remember watching other games in the recent past where ball carriers fumbled into the endzone and o-lineman recoverd for tds. Gotta put my thinking cap on.

In a situation (like yesterday) in which a team is driving towards the endzone and fumbles...and it is recovered by a o-linman...it IS a TD.

Only on 4th downs and in the last two minutes of the halfs does it change....and then the ball cannot be advanced after a fumble by any offensive player other than the one who lost he ball.

Vis
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
LLT, I agree about the whistle. I just want to satisfy myself on this endzone fumble point to see how bad the senility is getting.

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
I think what MOST people are missing (though I heard Mike Golic mention it this morning) is that the whole debate about who actually recovered the ball is a mute point.....There could NOT be a recovery yesterday because the ball was declared dead at the whistle.

That's the only thing that matters in this situation. Unfortunately the officials didn't explain it properly and that's why we have so much whining going on right now.

LLT
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
LLT, I agree about the whistle. I just want to satisfy myself on this endzone fumble point to see how bad the senility is getting.

Well...if you are taking senility out of the picture....I cant help you.

fansince'76
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
That's the only thing that matters in this situation. Unfortunately the officials didn't explain it properly and that's why we have so much whining going on right now.

There's a ton of whining that occurs every time we win, especially when we win close games and regardless of circumstance. It is what it is.

TheRuneMeister
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Face it, we got lucky because Ben definately fumbled and the Dolphins definately came out of the pile with the football.
Good thing it doesn't matter who comes out of the pile with the football then... ;)

steelpride12
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
There's a ton of whining that occurs every time we win, especially when we win close games and regardless of circumstance. It is what it is.
This. Im used to hearing non Steeler fans cry after every Steeler win about how we got lucky, or the refs paid us off, it's what it is I could care less what they think. Were 5-1 and that's what I know.

polamalubeast
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/686506-ot-ref-who-gave-steelers-win-over-miami-lives-pitt-area-operates-business.html

Patriots forum

Today, 09:54 AM #5
The_Riddler

Re: OT: Ref who gave Steelers the win over Miami lives in Pitt area and operates busi

I am so tired of the Steelers getting all the breaks and I mean all the breaks. They were handed the Superbowl against the Seahawks on a silver platter by some of the most bogus calls I have ever seen in my life which went against the Seahawks, it was robbery. It was admitted as much by the officials and Pitt afterwards.

Now this bogus, bogus stuff from yesterday. 3 Dolphins on a football and the officials (AS PART OF THEIR NORMAL JOB), should have uncovered that pile to see who in fact had the football. These officials negligently didn't do that and because of it, Pittsburgh gets another literally gift-wrapped victory. The head of officials has to review that idiocy and meet with these idiots who didn't do their job by determining who fell on that football regardless of whether they thought the ball crossed the goal line or not. That is unacceptable for them to ignore who landed on that football, flat out BOGUS !

Another Steeler gift-wrapped victory, it's getting old man..........

steelpride12
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/686506-ot-ref-who-gave-steelers-win-over-miami-lives-pitt-area-operates-business.html

Patriots forum

The_Riddler

Re: OT: Ref who gave Steelers the win over Miami lives in Pitt area and operates busi

I am so tired of the Steelers getting all the breaks and I mean all the breaks. They were handed the Superbowl against the Seahawks on a silver platter by some of the most bogus calls I have ever seen in my life which went against the Seahawks, it was robbery. It was admitted as much by the officials and Pitt afterwards.

Now this bogus, bogus stuff from yesterday. 3 Dolphins on a football and the officials (AS PART OF THEIR NORMAL JOB), should have uncovered that pile to see who in fact had the football. These officials negligently didn't do that and because of it, Pittsburgh gets another literally gift-wrapped victory. The head of officials has to review that idiocy and meet with these idiots who didn't do their job by determining who fell on that football regardless of whether they thought the ball crossed the goal line or not. That is unacceptable for them to ignore who landed on that football, flat out BOGUS !

Haha! I love how fans are still crying about a game that happened 5 years ago now and believe me there were many calls the Seahawks got away with as well, but im not crying.

I truly don't think we got off lucky yesterday. It has always been a rule that there must be enough evidence to prove who recovered the ball and that is impossible to conclude with a pile of players on top of one another. Sure a Dolphin came out of the pile with the ball, but that doesn't prove he had it the whole time, or didn't take it out of a Steelers hand. Not enough evidence, correct call.

SteelMember
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I think Cowher still has that photo of 12 men on the field... we get all the ref love. please.

fansince'76
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Patriots forum

The_Riddler

Tuck Rule, 3 sham "championships*" via illegal videotape, etc., etc. :coffee:

tube517
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Next.

Patriots forum

The_Riddler

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Tuck Rule, 3 sham "championships*" via illegal videotape, etc., etc. :coffee:

Exactly. What do you expect from a Cheatriots fan?

fansince'76
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Exactly. What do you expect from a Cheatriots fan?

If EVER there was a case of "people in glass houses," that thread is most certainly it.

The Duke
10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Dolphins coach Tony Sparano also held back any show of anger.

"I'm not going to get into what I think," he said. "What I think at the end of the day is it was a big play in the game, but it shouldn't have come down to that play. We had plenty of opportunities to win the football game and we didn't.

Respect for Sparano

his players, and fans, are supposed to emulate this behavior. Obviously they don't, but still kudos to him

HollywoodSteel
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Getting back to the article for a second, Ed Bouchette is being a total ass-hat. Why mention where these refs live? If you think it's relevant, have the balls to come out and explicitly say so. Do you think they are biased for the Steelers? This is a very serious charge and one that shouldn't be made lightly.

He sounds like one of those twelve year old fanboys who post comments on the Yahoo NFL page:

"The refs all root for the Squealers. And the Squealers suk cuz their gay. Go PATRIOTS!"

NOTE: I know it should be "they're" and not "their". Just trying to accurately portray fanboy comments.

fansince'76
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Getting back to the article for a second, Ed Bouchette is being a total ass-hat. Why mention where these refs live? If you think it's relevant, have the balls to come out and explicitly say so. Do you think they are biased for the Steelers? This is a very serious charge and one that shouldn't be made lightly.

He sounds like one of those twelve year old fanboys who post comments on the Yahoo NFL page:

"The refs all root for the Squealers. And the Squealers suk cuz their gay. Go PATRIOTS!"

NOTE: I know it should be "they're" and not "their". Just trying to accurately portray fanboy comments.

No explanation necessary. Mimicking the functional illiteracy displayed by the douche bags who post there is the only way to fully capture the essence of their posts . :thumbsup:

However, if you really want to see some slack-jawed idiocy, check the comments on YouTube videos. Those are hilarious. :lol:

stillers4me
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean that they would have gotten possession of the ball. At least 2 other Steelers besides Ben say they had their hands on the ball (possibly at the same time) and was told it was a TD and to let it go. So they let it go....and then anyone could grab the ball and come out of the pile with it, claiming they had the ball. It's very possible one of our oline man actually scored a TD after the fumble. The refs were correct in overturning the TD becasue it's obvious that Ben fumbled it. But it was what happened afterward that gets a little murky.

Regardless, the Phins had 2 and half minutes to win the game, and turned the ball over instead. Movin on.

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 01:38 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

LLT
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM

Hmmmmm...epiphany for the day.

Tim Lumber is a fanboy.

steel striker
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Surer we were lucky to come out with a win yesterday but, hey the phins could not put the ball in the endzone. It is not our fault that the ref made a bad call. They had the ball with over two minutes left in the game and, our defense stopped them. End of story!

stlrtruck
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Surer we were lucky to come out with a win yesterday but, hey the phins could not put the ball in the endzone. It is not our fault that the ref made a bad call. They had the ball with over two minutes left in the game and, our defense stopped them. End of story!

Needless to say with two turnovers inside our 30 and they only come away with 6 points. Not my problem.