PDA

View Full Version : Saints Next

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 03:12 PM
So I think this will be our toughest test of the season, they are about to lose to the Browns and fall to 4-3, and I just don't think they will easily lose 2 straight at home, so the Steelers will need to bring their A game.

I hope Smith, Keisel, and Woodley can be healthy and back for this one.
GO STEELERS!

The Duke
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
After losing to the browns (wtf??) they will me mad

won't be an easy game on the road and primetime

ALLD
10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
They may have had their run. The Saints could still put it together for a game or two, but they are worn down.

Steeltreal
10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Dline injuries piling up. Who will step up because its not Ziggy Hood

kmsteelerwr15
10-24-2010, 03:18 PM
We need to get to Brees; can't just send 3 at him.

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
We need to get to Brees; can't just send 3 at him.
Which makes hoping Keisel, Wood, and Smith healthy that much more important!

fansince'76
10-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Better get more pressure on Brees or we will get lit up.

X-Terminator
10-24-2010, 03:20 PM
They will have to do it without Aaron Smith - he has a torn triceps muscle and will be done for the rest of the season. That's now 2 straight years he's suffered season-ending injuries, and he's not getting any younger.

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Ugh If Smith is out for the season our D has taken a BIG hit! DAMN!

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
They will have to do it without Aaron Smith - he has a torn triceps muscle and will be done for the rest of the season. That's now 2 straight years he's suffered season-ending injuries, and he's not getting any younger.

Link?

X-Terminator
10-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Link?

Is Mike Tomlin's own words a good enough "link" for you? I just heard it during his post-game press conference.

Bluecoat96
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Well that stinks!!! Come on, Eason/Hood!!!!!!

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I am totally bummed about losing Smith for the season. He and Troy alone were the reason for our D struggling last season, ugh!

fansince'76
10-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, that really sucks. Time for Hood to step up.

Merchant
10-24-2010, 04:21 PM
They will be tough after an embarrassing home-loss on Primetime.. We need to pressure Brees a lot better than we pressured Henne today.. Henne was having a cup of tea back there most of the day

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Yupp we have to pressure Bree's all night long and force him out of the pocket. If we give him time to sit in the pocket he will light our secondary up and after they just lost bad to the Browns at home It won't be an easy win either way. If Keisel can play and Hood and Eason fill for Smith I think we can bring all the pressure.

steeldevil
10-24-2010, 04:29 PM
We will have to rattle Brees early and not let him get into a rhythm.

stillers4me
10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
What are you guys worried about? The refs are on our side. :blah::blah::blah::blah:

JayC
10-24-2010, 04:42 PM
losing smith might really hurt us next week more than any other week. if our linebackers cannot get pressure brees will pick our cornerbacks apart unlike anyone else. im sure the saints will be focused next week unlike they were this week. hopefully we're up for the challenge

Mach1
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Better get more pressure on Brees or we will get lit up.

That's for sure.
We make McCoy and Henne look good, just imagine how good Brees could look.

X-Terminator
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
That's for sure.
We make McCoy and Henne look good, just imagine how good Brees could look.

Yep, only thing is that the Saints will not make any pretense of trying to run the ball...because they can't. Brees threw 56 passes today against the Browns and was sacked 3 times, for a total of 59 dropbacks, and they ran just 18 times. Sure, a lot of those attempts were when they were behind, but when the game was close, they were still throwing the ball a lot. So the secondary will be busy next week.

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Yep, only thing is that the Saints will not make any pretense of trying to run the ball...because they can't. Brees threw 56 passes today against the Browns and was sacked 3 times, for a total of 59 dropbacks, and they ran just 18 times. Sure, a lot of those attempts were when they were behind, but when the game was close, they were still throwing the ball a lot. So the secondary will be busy next week.
So pressure is the obvious key for success against the Saints. If Bree's sits back there today like Henne did we are raw toast and fast. If we can get to hit a lot and early it will make a tough night for Bree's. I just hope Wood and Keisel can play that makes our chances of more blitzes a lot higher.

SteelerFanInStl
10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
No doubt our pass D has to do a much better job next week. The Saints aren't the same team that they were last year though. They've got a lot of injuries.

X-Terminator
10-24-2010, 09:05 PM
They may be getting Reggie Bush back next week, so that should help their running game a bit. Losing Pierre Thomas has really hurt their offense, just as losing Darren Sharper has hurt their defense.

Devilsdancefloor
10-24-2010, 09:30 PM
hallween bash is gonna be tough without 2/3 our D line. Also wonder since we only have 4 healthy bodies we bring up McLendon & woods and cut someone? ugh this sucks our O mihgt have to carry us a few weeks

Merchant
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
hallween bash is gonna be tough without 2/3 our D line. Also wonder since we only have 4 healthy bodies we bring up McLendon & woods and cut someone? ugh this sucks our O mihgt have to carry us a few weeks

O's looking good. Better than the Saints O dare I say? and Ben's still getting warmed up!

steelpride12
10-24-2010, 11:13 PM
ESPN.com reports Tomlin said that Woodley will for sure be back against the Saints and more than likely Keisel will also, so that helps!

Steeldude
10-25-2010, 01:35 AM
i hope the steelers decide to add pressure instead of rushing 3 players.

Galax Steeler
10-25-2010, 03:53 AM
ESPN.com reports Tomlin said that Woodley will for sure be back against the Saints and more than likely Keisel will also, so that helps!

Well that is some good news.

venom
10-25-2010, 05:56 AM
I see the Saints passing the ball everywhere as usual . They will still be pissed off from the Browns lost .

venom
10-25-2010, 07:06 AM
I see the line for the game is the Saints as a pick'em

XxKnightxX
10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
They will be tough after an embarrassing home-loss on Primetime.. We need to pressure Brees a lot better than we pressured Henne today.. Henne was having a cup of tea back there most of the day

Yeah but bear in mind they were max protecting the whole time, they had the whole line plus Brown and Lusaka protecting. The saints arent like that but Brees will get rid of the ball very quickly. The Saints will also impose the run on us, they have probably the best Guards in the game that are athletic and will have a decent matchup against Timmons and Farrior.

Merchant
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah but bear in mind they were max protecting the whole time, they had the whole line plus Brown and Lusaka protecting. The saints arent like that but Brees will get rid of the ball very quickly. The Saints will also impose the run on us, they have probably the best Guards in the game that are athletic and will have a decent matchup against Timmons and Farrior.

Impose the run on us? With who? Chris Ivory? lol. If they couldn't impose the run on the Browns they ain't gonna do it against us.

XxKnightxX
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Youre right on that one but we sure wont see 59 dropbacks by Drew Brees, Which means that our Defense has to keep an eye for the run, The Browns basically started teeing off on Brees after the turnovers and struggles running the ball. Im not saying that theyre gonna run all over us , but they will try to fix that. Im not sure if its me but we can be in trouble if we cant stop brees and if Ben starts committing turnovers. That Saints D fires off the ball and I can see ben committing another mistake or two if he isnt given the protection.

GitNoLuv
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Impose the run on us? With who? Chris Ivory? lol. If they couldn't impose the run on the Browns they ain't gonna do it against us.

They didn't exactly try to impose the run against us...especially when every NFL Scouting report says that Eric Wright is a revovling door for a WR to go against. They'll be a more balanced attack next week, almost by default (because it's nearly impossible to have a 10/3 Pass:Run ratio on a regular basis.

Also, your defense should be fine against Brees (even without Aaron Smith) because you run some of the same confusing defensive looks all game long. You'll need to open up the playbook (like the Browns did) though...because they're very aggressive in all phases of the game.

O'Malley
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Stop the run. Clog the passing lanes. I have noticed if you clog up the passing lanes and drop a linebacker in coverage Drew can't see and throws picks. The key will still IMO be pressure, but Brees can't see when the lanes are plugged. So IMO if there is no pressure but they can get in the passing lanes with their hands up then I believe Brees will have a long day. Bush may be back this week but I can't see him coming in 100% and lighting it up. Smith was a huge loss. You can't fill those shoes no matter who is put in. Smith is the anchor of the D and a beast at stopping the run.

JHSilverback
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Looks like Reggie Bush may be back for sundays game

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b9ba65/article/saints-rb-bush-says-hes-clear-to-return-from-broken-leg?module=HP_headlines

steeldevil
10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Bush wont drastically improve their running game, but he is a threat to go all the way and he is a very good receiving back.

stlrtruck
10-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Bush wont drastically improve their running game, but he is a threat to go all the way and he is a very good receiving back.

Bush reminds me of Hoge. Wasn't much of the runner type but that out of the backfield screen makes them explosive. The difference, imo, is that Bush has great speed than Hoge did.

atlsteelers
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
ben needs to take better care of the ball if we are going to win in new orleans. what was up with the stupid fumbles. i know he is just trying to extend the play but come on ben. pouncey bailed him out on one but the play were he looks like he trying to get the ball to redman was horrible.