PDA

View Full Version : Brian Billick to James Harrison: 'Just shut up and play'

polamalubeast
10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Fox NFL analyst Brian Billick thinks Steelers LB James Harrison acted like a 'baby' when he said he would consider retirement if he couldn't play football the way he always has.

Billick, who won Super Bowl XXXV while coaching the Ravens, appeared on Fox Sports Radio's Stephen A. Smith Show on Thursday and said Harrison must adapt instead of complaining about the NFL's increased level of enforcement.

Absolutely, just shut up and play. It's like, we're going to work the whole week around your rules because you think you have to play that way? That's irritating, this is just a temper tantrum. ... But the rule is in for the safety of all the players, the hitter as well as the hittee, and it's just like the sack on the quarterback -- we've adapted.

-- Arin Karimian

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/brian-billick-to-james-harrison-just-shut-up-and-play/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29&utm_content=Twitter

steeldevil
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
:ranger:

XxKnightxX
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Coming for the biggest mouth at every press conference, I never knew if I was watching C Span or the NFL Network. Just shut up and coach, oh wait you couldnt do that, 7 years in Baltimore and you only managed one succesful offensive season.

stillers4me
10-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Harrison is complaining about the rules for illegal hits. It's for the grand larconey of his bank account for a legal hit.

Vis
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
He's right

stillers4me
10-22-2010, 04:42 PM
He's right

You think players are happy that they can get ejected or suspended for legal hits if the league doesn't like the result of the legal hit??

Vis
10-22-2010, 04:45 PM
You think players are happy that they can get ejected or suspended for legal hits if the league doesn't like the result of the legal hit??

I think people who say that players get millions to risk their bodies and brains should also say that players get millions to accept the rules and rulings of the league. The rules allow him to appeal and that's fine but don't whine.

Steeldude
10-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I think people who say that players get millions to risk their bodies and brains should also say that players get millions to accept the rules and rulings of the league. The rules allow him to appeal and that's fine but don't whine.

how exactly is he whining?

the NFL is saying we want you to play by the rules, but if you do play by the rules we will still fine and suspend you.

if an officer gave you a ticket for driving 55MPH in a 55MPH zone would you think about ceasing to drive? the tickets will add up.

Chidi29
10-22-2010, 04:59 PM
how exactly is he whining?

the NFL is saying we want you to play by the rules, but if you do play by the rules we will still fine and suspend you.

if an officer gave you a ticket for driving 55MPH in a 55MPH zone would you think about ceasing to drive? the tickets will add up.

Except for the fact that the league deemed the hit to be illegal.

We can debate the merits of that conclusion, but the league didn't overstep their bounds. They considered the hit was illegal and took action. Harrison gets to appeal; he'll have his say.

I think Billick is fine with Harrison being frustrated, but he doesn't want to come out with all the "I might retire" statements that we know aren't true.

GoSlash27
10-22-2010, 05:18 PM
GoSlash27 to Brian Billick: "Just shut up".

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I would pay to see all of these people who are calling James a "baby", "thug", "cheap shot artist", etc. say these things to his face. Now that would be fun to watch! :lol:

cold-hard-steel
10-22-2010, 05:42 PM

Whatever dude. Who is he going to appeal to? You tell me? Thats right if you said Dickell. There is no panel of his peers to hear his side,only the one who handed down his sentence. You with the Francos Italian Army sig. Did not your boy speak out on the issue? Risks are involved when you chose this line for your career.It will not go away ever. Until you put the game of football in the grave that is.

SteelerSal
10-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Brian who???

cold-hard-steel
10-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I would pay to see all of these people who are calling James a "baby", "thug", "cheap shot artist", etc. say these things to his face. Now that would be fun to watch! :lol:

Nah,that would not be a good idea. He might cause a serious injury to them.

polamalubeast
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YF8NXMD4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/BrianBillick.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lnFwIc_iU8U/R2ft-fuPwlI/AAAAAAAAAKM/W2zssCWw0jo/s200/BrianBillick.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ivRtwtEUBBU/TBozl_MATII/AAAAAAAAB04/lnwRFjHfBdU/s1600/080620_Brian-Billick_hlarge.jpg
http://www2.citypaper.com/sb/127053/brian.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/images/08/07/brian-billick.jpg

SteelerSal
10-22-2010, 06:21 PM
This looks like fun!!!

http://a.espncdn.com/media/pg2/2001/1218/photo/a_billick_i.jpg

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2010, 06:23 PM
GoSlash27 to Brian Billick: "Just shut up".

yep for sure i would guess if it was a ratbird he wouldnt say anything

HometownGal
10-22-2010, 06:43 PM
"I'm ready when you are Ray Ray". :heh:

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/36/364868.jpg

fansince'76
10-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Considering that Harrison has returned to practice and ostensibly IS going to play, wasn't this just a little late? :coffee:

NJarhead
10-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Hey Billick, shut up and coach.....oh wait. Nevermind. :coffee:

Butch
10-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Brian who???

Exactly what I was gonna say complete with 3 question marks!!!:drink:

Bluecoat96
10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.catsandbeer.com/uploads/2007/09/billick.jpg

GBMelBlount
10-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Considering that Harrison has returned to practice and ostensibly IS going to play, wasn't this just a little late? :coffee:

Exactly.

Plus, I don't see why people don't get his INITIAL irritation.

Unless you are an attorney, politician or only have played chess all your life, you will understand his knee jerk reaction to being competitively castrated.

...and I apologize in advance if I offended any chess players. :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
10-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Exactly.

Plus, I don't see why people don't get his INITIAL irritation.

Unless you are an attorney, politician or only have played chess all your life, you will understand his knee jerk reaction to being competitively castrated.

...and I apologize in advance if I offended any chess players. :chuckle:

Dude, i am a chess player. You did not offend me. I am pretty far advanced also i might add. Sicilian defense for you ! LOL!!!

polamalubeast
10-22-2010, 11:18 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81394881.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54852E873124F783E64 D6F6280ED487E34BC6080602C2FD46A3http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/BIllickBollersun.bmp

Craic
10-23-2010, 01:07 AM

We can debate the merits of that conclusion, but the league didn't overstep their bounds. They considered the hit was illegal and took action. Harrison gets to appeal; he'll have his say.

I think Billick is fine with Harrison being frustrated, but he doesn't want to come out with all the "I might retire" statements that we know aren't true.

I understand what you are saying... that in other words, we have another "tuck rule" incident. The call is the correct call on what might be a very horrible rule. The problem I have however, is two-fold. 1. If it isn't ruled illegal in a game, then it shouldn't be ruled illegal after a game. 2. The call is completely arbitrary, based on the RESULTS of the play, instead of the actual play. Had there been no concussion, there would be no fine. That is like saying, It is OK to drink and drive, just don't get into an accident.

Then, on top of that, to promote the league by those very types of hits... is complete hypocrisy. It has NOTHING to do with "Player safety" IMO. It has everything to do with star players sitting out games, thus not drawing as big a view audience and not making as much money.

Wallace108
10-23-2010, 01:30 AM
:chuckle:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2426/billick.jpg

solardave
10-23-2010, 02:34 AM

The rules and the rulings are 2 different things these days. You're missing the point that the hit was legal. If they want to levy big fines or suspend. Wait until the time comes and change the rules. There is way to much of a Grey area in Goodell's world. He's doing a lot of bending to suit his agenda which has nothing to do with player safety.OH yeah I forgot. "MOTIVES DON'T MATTER!"

Vis
10-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Whatever dude. Who is he going to appeal to? You tell me? Thats right if you said Dickell. There is no panel of his peers to hear his side,only the one who handed down his sentence. You with the Francos Italian Army sig. Did not your boy speak out on the issue? Risks are involved when you chose this line for your career.It will not go away ever. Until you put the game of football in the grave that is.

He had 22 million reasons to stay. He was throwing a tantrum like any kid on a grocery store floor kicking and screaming. He got his attention. He came back. You want them to be man enough to accept the physical risks, fine, but don't apologize for his immature attention whorism.

Vis
10-23-2010, 03:19 AM
The rules and the rulings are 2 different things these days. You're missing the point that the hit was legal. If they want to levy big fines or suspend. Wait until the time comes and change the rules. There is way to much of a Grey area in Goodell's world. He's doing a lot of bending to suit his agenda which has nothing to do with player safety.OH yeah I forgot. "MOTIVES DON'T MATTER!"

That's why I used both words. The issue here isn't the rule or the fine, it's the bs about retiring. It was always bs. If I can't play how I want, I won't be your best friend.

Steeldude
10-23-2010, 04:49 AM

he wasn't defenseless and it wasn't helmet to helmet. he tried to catch the ball and was popped. i guess defenders should wait until the receiver catches the ball, lands and run a few yards before attempting to hit them.

seems to me the message is you should try to kill the opponent on purpose because you are going to get fined and suspended regardless. like the old saying goes "might as well be hung for a sheep as (for) a lamb".

Aussie_steeler
10-23-2010, 05:02 AM
seems to me the message is you should try to kill the opponent on purpose because you are going to get fined and suspended regardless. like the old saying goes "might as well be hung for a sheep as (for) a lamb".

The real choice a defender has now is

a. Hit hard around the numbers like always and run the risk of fines and suspension

or

b. Aim lower (at the legs) and run the risk of being labelled a dirty player for trying to end someones career.

The majority of the players quoted thus far would suggest that they would support Option A.

But I am not a footballer, so what would I know.

steeldawg
10-23-2010, 05:20 AM
I understand what you are saying... that in other words, we have another "tuck rule" incident. The call is the correct call on what might be a very horrible rule. The problem I have however, is two-fold. 1. If it isn't ruled illegal in a game, then it shouldn't be ruled illegal after a game. 2. The call is completely arbitrary, based on the RESULTS of the play, instead of the actual play. Had there been no concussion, there would be no fine. That is like saying, It is OK to drink and drive, just don't get into an accident.

Then, on top of that, to promote the league by those very types of hits... is complete hypocrisy. It has NOTHING to do with "Player safety" IMO. It has everything to do with star players sitting out games, thus not drawing as big a view audience and not making as much money.

You are exactly right!!!! Had there been no concussion there would have been no fine. Telling a guy to just shutup and play after he was just fined 75000 dollars for doing his job, is pretty arrogant.

ALLD
10-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Billick is pissed off because of all the times the Steelers beat them. No matter what they do they will never leave the shadow of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the NFL and the Rats are not even in the top 20.

I have to side with James Harrison because the league claims they have not changed the rules, but they did. Then they applied outrageous fines to different players arbitrarily. The hit that most claim to be the worst received a lower fine than Harrison which most claim to be vicious, but legal.

Mr. Rooney will straighten it out. He may even have to call dad in on this one.

Vis
10-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Billick is pissed off because of all the times the Steelers beat them. No matter what they do they will never leave the shadow of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the NFL and the Rats are not even in the top 20.

I have to side with James Harrison because the league claims they have not changed the rules, but they did. Then they applied outrageous fines to different players arbitrarily. The hit that most claim to be the worst received a lower fine than Harrison which most claim to be vicious, but legal.

Mr. Rooney will straighten it out. He may even have to call dad in on this one.

Rooney should retire. that would teach em

Chidi29
10-23-2010, 12:04 PM

I don't think that just because it isn't called a penalty, doesn't mean they player is immune to being fined. In a hypothetical situation, if there's a really bad no-call by the refs, they just flat out miss a clear violation of these rules, the player shouldn't be able to get off scot-free.

I didn't see this much uproar over Harrison's 5K fine on the Young hit either.

I think it's a given that the "bigger" plays will draw more attention. That's just the nature of how things work. I agree with you that there should be a fine/suspension is based on the merits of the hit and not the result, but to do that, teams should send in tape during the course of the week for the NFL to review for illegal hits that don't injure someone. The NFL can't comb through every single instance of a hit that doesn't result in injury. That's unrealistic to expect from them. They can only look at some hits on their own, and those are going to wind up being the ones being talked about the most (The ones where someone gets hurt).

Chidi29
10-23-2010, 12:06 PM
he wasn't defenseless and it wasn't helmet to helmet. he tried to catch the ball and was popped. i guess defenders should wait until the receiver catches the ball, lands and run a few yards before attempting to hit them.

"We can debate the merits of that conclusion, but the league didn't overstep their bounds. They considered the hit was illegal and took action. Harrison gets to appeal; he'll have his say."

I consider the hit to be fairly borderline and could see it go either way. I don't think it's clearly one way or the other.

polamalubeast
10-23-2010, 12:38 PM
James Harrison in Super Bowl XLIII

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Im not beating a dead horse....just an observation lol)

Do any of you guys find it ironic how James Harrison is whining after getting fined for his two hits against Cleveland? ....when he was the biggest beneficiary of a game changing no-call of his classless actions in the Superbowl? (...resulting in him staying in the game, winning the Super Bowl etc)

Harrison pummeling Francisco(...as if anyone needs a reminder )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9aIuGjAVF4&feature=related

SB 43 all I know is the better team lost! That intercept at halftime was killer but we outplayed em and were the best team in 08 IMO NFC Champion still has a ring to it "no pun intended" Greatest Cardinals team ever!

read more

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=52553

:ranger::ranger::ranger:

CPanther95
10-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Everyone keeps saying the "two hits vs. Cleveland" - when one was ruled perfectly legal even under the new guidelines.

ALLD
10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
The dude went for Harrison's knees which is part of the point of the whole debate. There will be many more career/season ending knee injuries than concussions. It is a violent sport inherently. If you want to take hitting out of football all you have is the Pro Bowl or practice or....dancing.

Chidi29
10-23-2010, 02:33 PM

The appeals don't go to Goodell. They are heard by Art Shell and Ted Cottrell (former players, especially Art, and coaches). The union helped to add Cottrell to the committee.

Shaun Smith just won his appeal so it can be overturned. The Williams' Wall have fought off suspension in the Starcaps case.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Harrison cant be emotionally stable if he is contemplating retirement......even slightly. Billick probably doesnt know the guy, but just has a hate on because Harrison is part of the team that ran him to the booth and made way for Harbaugh to be successful the following season.

7SteelGal43
10-23-2010, 03:17 PM
:chuckle:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2426/billick.jpg

NICE :thumbsup:

tube517
10-23-2010, 03:25 PM
:yawn:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do any of you guys find it ironic how James Harrison is whining after getting fined for his two hits against Cleveland? ....when he was the biggest beneficiary of a game changing no-call of his classless actions in the Superbowl? (...resulting in him staying in the game, winning the Super Bowl etc)

SB 43 all I know is the better team lost! That intercept at halftime was killer but we outplayed em and were the best team in 08 IMO NFC Champion still has a ring to it "no pun intended" Greatest Cardinals team ever!

read more

fansince'76
10-23-2010, 03:26 PM

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=52553Seems to me Harrison drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that. I realize it was easy to miss with that biased lardass Madden's bleating about how he felt Harrison should have been ejected for it, but it WAS called. And never mind Francisco's bitch move in trying to cut Harrison at the knees which prompted that reaction by Harrison. Funny how all the crybaby Cards bandwagoners have always conveniently overlooked that. :coffee:

Edman
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
What Turdinal fans need to worry about is finding a good Quarterback and hoping their team doesn't choke in that awful division.

Harrison jumped on Francisco because the douchebag tried to take out his knees. Yep, a totally unprovoked and malicious attack.

zulater
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't care how much you make 75,000 is a hefty fine. I imagine Billick, chidi, and Vis would be whining like a baby if they got fined a 5 figure sum for doing their job the way they were taught to do it. Sure we all knew Harrison wasn't going to retire, but he had a right to a day of protest, to get his message out that he was unhappy, and that he feels he's been dealt with unfairly.

zulater
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM

read more

Ok to address this pinhead. The play Harrison supposedly could have been tossed on came well after his interception, his ejection on that play wouldn't have had any bearing on the game's outcome.

Chidi29
10-23-2010, 11:11 PM
I don't care how much you make 75,000 is a hefty fine. I imagine Billick, chidi, and Vis would be whining like a baby if they got fined a 5 figure sum for doing their job the way they were taught to do it. Sure we all knew Harrison wasn't going to retire, but he had a right to a day of protest, to get his message out that he was unhappy, and that he feels he's been dealt with unfairly.

No, I wouldn't be happy. I'd also be letting my bias get in the way because of my unhappiness.

He has the right to claim possibly retiring, but he shouldn't have done it because of how pointless exercising that right to be.

His right to protest is him appealing the fine which he has done.

zulater
10-24-2010, 06:46 AM
No, I wouldn't be happy. I'd also be letting my bias get in the way because of my unhappiness.

He has the right to claim possibly retiring, but he shouldn't have done it because of how pointless exercising that right to be.

His right to protest is him appealing the fine which he has done.

Maybe he didn't think it would be pointless? Maybe he thought the best defense for his position was to go on the offensive. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. And it just might have worked. If he had rolled over and meekly accepted his punishment perhaps the discusion dies down that much easiar. Maybe Art Rooney III doesn't publicly come to his defense. Maybe Ray Lewis and Josh Cribbs keep their opinions silent.

He missed one day of practice, big deal, verterans are often dismissed from the Wednesday practice just to keep them fresh.

LLT
10-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Until the league enforces all rules..then your point is mute.

Harrison is being finded for "enforcement of the rules" and told to change his playstyle............However he is held on about 90% percent of every play in which he rushes, and the league is in no hurry to "enforce" that rule whatsoever.

st33lersguy
10-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm sure if it was stabby ray or one of the thugs he coached he would be on their side

Chidi29
10-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Maybe he didn't think it would be pointless? Maybe he thought the best defense for his position was to go on the offensive. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. And it just might have worked. If he had rolled over and meekly accepted his punishment perhaps the discusion dies down that much easiar. Maybe Art Rooney III doesn't publicly come to his defense. Maybe Ray Lewis and Josh Cribbs keep their opinions silent.

He missed one day of practice, big deal, verterans are often dismissed from the Wednesday practice just to keep them fresh.

Art won't back Harrison if he doesn't make threats we know he won't follw through on? You think he's that kind of guy?

He can speak out against the fine. I don't have a problem with that. Call it crap, say it was a legal hit, say you're going to do everything in your power to get the fine overturned. Go crazy.

But don't make ludicrous claims like retirement. No one is taking that seriously.

zulater
10-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Of course no one took him serious Chidi. But at the same token Billick shouldn't be disrespecting him by telling him to shut up and play.

fansince'76
10-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Of course no one took him serious Chidi. But at the same token Billick shouldn't be disrespecting him by telling him to shut up and play.

Particularly AFTER Harrison had recanted and returned to practice. Billick just couldn't pass up the opportunity to be self-righteous and pile on after the fact, though.

steelerdude15
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
:blah:

Vis
10-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Until the league enforces all rules..then your point is mute.

Harrison is being finded for "enforcement of the rules" and told to change his playstyle............However he is held on about 90% percent of every play in which he rushes, and the league is in no hurry to "enforce" that rule whatsoever.

My point is, Harrison acted like a baby girl denied a cookie. That point is not moot regardless of how arbitrary the league is.

LLT
10-25-2010, 06:48 AM
My point is, Harrison acted like a baby girl denied a cookie. That point is not moot regardless of how arbitrary the league is.

Actually your point was...

I think people who say that players get millions to risk their bodies and brains should also say that players get millions to accept the rules and rulings of the league.

If the rules and regulations are the bottom line and should be "accepted"....then a player DOES have the right to expect the league to enforce all rules.

Vis
10-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Actually your point was...

If the rules and regulations are the bottom line and should be "accepted"....then a player DOES have the right to expect the league to enforce all rules.

Read the first half of what you highlighted. When all is said and done, he through a fit. It was embarrassing.

LLT
10-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Read the first half of what you highlighted. When all is said and done, he through a fit. It was embarrassing.

Really...???

You were embarrassed because he was mad about the ruling? I find that weird. I would guess that 99.9% of people had at least a basic understanding that Harrison was venting. :noidea:

I have to laugh at the fact that you have less tolerance for a Steeler Linebacker ranting about a $75,000 fine...then you do for an extreme-fundamental islamic cleric ranting about his desire to see a muslim flag to fly over the White house.

Eh...to each his own.

Vis
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Really...???

You were embarrassed because he was mad about the ruling? I find that weird. I would guess that 99.9% of people had at least a basic understanding that Harrison was venting. :noidea:

I have to laugh at the fact that you have less tolerance for a Steeler Linebacker ranting about a $75,000 fine...then you do for an extreme-fundamental islamic cleric ranting about his desire to see a muslim flag to fly over the White house.

Eh...to each his own.

Anger and ranting isn't what he did. He took his ball and went home.

LLT
10-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Anger and ranting isn't what he did. He took his ball and went home.

Actually ...no.

He was upset but still showed up for work. It was Tomlin who gave him the day off.

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 08:33 AM
http://r15.imgfast.net/users/1511/85/18/49/smiles/527113.gif

Vis
10-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Actually ...no.

He was upset but still showed up for work. It was Tomlin who gave him the day off.

I made up the quotes about retiring. It never happened. His agent was dreaming too. Thanks for correcting that misconception.

Vis
10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Let's go back to the issue.

Fox NFL analyst Brian Billick thinks Steelers LB James Harrison acted like a 'baby' when he said he would consider retirement if he couldn't play football the way he always has.

That's the thread topic. I agree. All defenses that ignore the retirement are garbage. Tell me quiting was the manly thing. Tell me threatening it when there's no way he would actually do it was the mature thing.

LLT
10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
I made up the quotes about retiring. It never happened. His agent was dreaming too. Thanks for correcting that misconception.

You seem to have a habit of making straw man arguments when confronted with facts.

FACTS:
1) No one said that he never talked about retiring
2) He didnt "take his ball and go home".
3) You seem to feel the need to talk about Harrison being a baby at every opportunity and in numerous threads.

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
3) You seem to feel the need to talk about Harrison being a baby at every opportunity and in numerous threads.

:deadhorse:

LLT
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM

That's the thread topic. I agree. All defenses that ignore the retirement are garbage. Tell me quiting was the manly thing. Tell me threatening it when there's no way he would actually do it was the mature thing.

Again...No one is saying that Harrison didnt talk about retireing. That is simply not true. And for you to say that Harrison wasnt ranting and wasnt angry is ludicrous.

LLT
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
:deadhorse:

BINGO!

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Again...No one is saying that Harrison didnt talk about retireing. That is simply not true. And for you to say that Harrison wasnt ranting and wasnt angry is ludicrous.

Ok. But wasn't it a bit immature in your mind. I ask because you keep not saying.

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Yes, because it really bothered me coming from one of my favorite players. I lost some respect for him. When the Hines rule was put into effect, he didn't act this way.

LLT
10-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok. But wasn't it a bit immature in your mind. I ask because you keep not saying.

Not at all. Anyone who hasnt gotten SEVERLY pissed off and considered a change of careers or employer might be able to throw stones...but I think that the vast majority of us live in that specific glass house and can empathize with what harrison was going through.

I can look at Harrison through the filter of my own personal life and understand that he was venting and upset.....nothing more.

It makes good copy to make more of it....and Billick specifically, who lives and dies by the amount of exposure he gets, knew what he had to gain by making a mountain out of a molehill.

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes, because it really bothered me coming from one of my favorite players. I lost some respect for him. When the Hines rule was put into effect, he didn't act this way.

Everyone reacts differently....tell me how you would of reacted if you were in Harrison's shoes and in a situation that you felt you were being punished for no wrong doing in your eyes.

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:42 AM
Everyone reacts differently....tell me how you would of reacted if you were in Harrison's shoes and in a situation that you felt you were being punished for no wrong doing in your eyes.

Fuck them, I'm appealing this.

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Not at all. Anyone who hasnt gotten SEVERLY pissed off and considered a change of careers or employer might be able to throw stones...but I think that the vast majority of us live in that specific glass house and can empathize with what harrison was going through.

I can look at Harrison through the filter of my own personal life and understand that he was venting and upset.....nothing more.

It makes good copy to make more of it....and Billick specifically, who lives and dies by the amount of exposure he gets, knew what he had to gain by making a mountain out of a molehill.

We disagree. It happens.

HometownGal
10-25-2010, 09:45 AM

Hey Vis - here's a few questions for ya buddy. Being an attorney - have you ever been told by a Judge or a mediator to change your line of questioning on examination or cross? Were you ever ostracized by a trial Judge in open court? Have you ever lost a case or had a motion denied?

Were you jumping for joy in these scenarios or were you pissed the hell off because you tried the case YOUR way, gave your clients your best efforts and those efforts still weren't good enough?

SteelerSal
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Fuck them, I'm appealing this.

But are you taking into account that the fine was more than a few of your paychecks and you would be working a few weeks for nothing?

I don't remember where I read it but the way harrison's contract is set up, 75k put a dent in his wallet. (Yes I know he's worth millions but still)

Vis
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
But are you taking into account that the fine was more than a few of your paychecks and you would be working a few weeks for nothing?

I don't remember where I read it but the way harrison's contract is set up, 75k put a dent in his wallet. (Yes I know he's worth millions but still)

Retiring he would give up 22 million was what I read. Maybe have to return part of signing bonus.

SteelerFanInStl
10-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Exactly. BTDT!