PDA

View Full Version : Sanders expects to dress in Miami

stillers4me
10-22-2010, 04:09 PM
October 22nd, 2010

And now for some Steelers news/tidbits that doesn’t involve James Harrison:
-- Emmanuel Sanders said he expects to again serve as the Steelers’ No. 4 wide receiver and kickoff returner Sunday against the Dolphins.

Sanders and fellow rookie Antonio Brown have been battling for that role on a weekly basis but Sanders appears to have wrested it from him.

“You’ve got to work for it,” Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. “He’s earned it.”........

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/22/sanders-expects-to-dress-in-miami/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

steeldevil
10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Good problem to have. Looks like we have found two young WR's who love to compete with one another. Hope they can develop skills catching the ball as well. Could have a good young WR corp when Ward steps away if they do...

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I think that Brown is better as a return man and Sanders is better running patterns. I'd be very tempted to sit ARE and dress both of them.

The Duke
10-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm thinking we may a lot of sanders on halloween. That game against the saints has the potential to become a shootout, and would be a great test for sanders

But for now, keep hauling in those 3rd down catches :tt02:

SteelerSal
10-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Man, I'm all for dressing both Sanders and Brown and deactivating battle and/or Randle El. Gotta give both of these young guys who should have a future beyond this season, live game experience.....it's the only way they will learn, get in rythm with Ben and improve.

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking we may a lot of sanders on halloween. That game against the saints has the potential to become a shootout, and would be a great test for sanders

But for now, keep hauling in those 3rd down catches :tt02:

The Steelers D is too good to have a shootout with any team. The Saints aren't a high-powered offense like they were last year. They have no running game.

kmsteelerwr15
10-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I think he has earned it. He made some nice grabs last week but I would like to see him and Brown dress for the same games in the future.

Count Steeler
10-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Man, I'm all for dressing both Sanders and Brown and deactivating battle and/or Randle El. Gotta give both of these young guys who should have a future beyond this season, live game experience.....it's the only way they will learn, get in rythm with Ben and improve.

Here, here. Let the young ones battle and scrap and claw all the way to the Super Bowl.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Hope they can develop skills catching the ball as well. Could have a good young WR corp when Ward steps away if they do...

They averaged 71.25 catches per season and 100.33 catches per season respectively (albeit in college), i think that will be the smallest of any problems they might have :)

The Duke
10-22-2010, 07:00 PM
dammit, double post

The Duke
10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
The Steelers D is too good to have a shootout with any team. The Saints aren't a high-powered offense like they were last year. They have no running game.

by shootout I mean more than 17 points. That's a shootout for this defense :chuckle:

and with most of the saints corners ailing sanders will have a lot of chances

Galax Steeler
10-23-2010, 03:59 AM
I think that Brown is better as a return man and Sanders is better running patterns. I'd be very tempted to sit ARE and dress both of them.

How can you judge this with Sanders only playing in one game. He has three returns for 61 yards a 20.3 average with a long of 23 yards. I think we need to hold judgement a few more games before we declare Brown a better returner.

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2010, 10:26 AM
How can you judge this with Sanders only playing in one game. He has three returns for 61 yards a 20.3 average with a long of 23 yards. I think we need to hold judgement a few more games before we declare Brown a better returner.

Do you not understand what the words "I think" mean? I didn't pass any judgement on either one, simply giving my OPINION according to what we've seen from both so far, in preseason and regular season. The bigger point is that I'd rather see both of the young guys dress and ARE inactive.

Texasteel
10-23-2010, 10:37 AM
This is great news for me. This will be the first Steeler game I have seen, and one of my favorite draft picks, yes I did say that when the pick was made, is going to play. HAPPY DAYS.

Chidi29
10-23-2010, 12:09 PM
With Ben back, there's a greater importance on having a receiver who can move the chains than a return man that can give us good field position. The latter is still important, of course, but now that you have a passing offense that can churn up yards in a hurry, you're not as dependent on giving a guy like Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon a relatively short field.

cold-hard-steel
10-23-2010, 12:31 PM
We all as a nation will never see eye to eye.I think i touched on this very subject in another thread.Both need to get thier playing time in order to develope into the kind of players we seek.

steelreserve
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM

I agree, only I'd rather drop Battle from the lineup. ARE seems like he comes up with at least one or two important catches a game. Not 40-yard bombs or anything, just some of those 12-yard sideline jobs that get us a first down. Plus we could still use him as a return man (if we need him) and a trick play threat (if Arians would run anything besides the "telegraph-every-play" offense, which he won't). Battle doesn't have any of that versatility; he's just another dime-a-dozen receiver.

I do have to say I liked what I saw from Sanders this past week, so he deserves a chance to show he can keep it up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I never understand the big controversy over trying to decide who the #5 WR should dress on gameday????

Its like complaining that Nate Washington wasnt getting enough balls thrown his way back in 2004. Pick one, sit the other and they will be around for the next season unless another rookie beats them out for the #6 WR on the team next season.

Galax Steeler
10-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Do you not understand what the words "I think" mean? I didn't pass any judgement on either one, simply giving my OPINION according to what we've seen from both so far, in preseason and regular season. The bigger point is that I'd rather see both of the young guys dress and ARE inactive.

I will agree with you that I would like to see both on the field as well and they both are looking good but the only way that will happen is if we have a injury to one of our receivers. I guess they will just have to take turns until a hole opens up.