PDA

View Full Version : Lambert Loonie, LIVE @ PNC Park!

Lambert_Loonie
10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
So I've been talking with my ladyfriend, and we're looking at spending a weekend in Pittsburgh next summer to catch a Reds/Pirates series (it's a bit of a "test-run" weekend for our eventual visit to Heinz Field next fall :)).

So what is the game experience at PNC Park like? It looks like a gorgeous field on TV. How's traffic before & after games usually? Is parking a pain? Can you usually just buy tickets at the walk-up window without a hassle? I'm not gonna run into drunk fans cussing me and trying to kick me out, am I? :P

BPS3akaWirels3
10-22-2010, 08:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkEGutcOwU

Well I am glad you ask. It's my favorite ballpark in baseball and probably all sports venues period. I ususally go 4-6 times a year for Pirate games. Pricing is extremely cheap. Let me know when you decide to get tickets. I have a few discount links for seating ($5-14). You want to get to the ball field an hour before game time and either park down by Heinz Field by Jermoe Bettis's bar for $10 or park at the closet parking lot on the Southside for $15-$20 (Not always open for every game). The food is great (I always get a Philly cheesesteak from Primanti's) or you can do the all you can eat for $35. I do recommend you go 2 hours before your first game so you can walk around and enjoy the sites since they close off Clemente Bridge for the game. I have eaten at most of the places around the ballpark and all are great. The ushers are the most friendly people to deal with (Please hung them and give a handshake). If you stay downtown then please make you way over to Station Square for some shopping and also hit the Strip District which are not far away at all. Make sure you ride the Clipper for $12 a person. You will learn a lot about Pittsburgh. Did you know Pburgh has 147 bridges which is the most in the world and also has the most set of stairs at over 700.

Please PM if you have other questions. I will be your guide during this great adventure. If your not a Pirate fan then WATCH out.:chuckle::yell::nono:

P.S. They do have guided tours of the park but are not every weekend for $10 a person. You can check on the Pirates site. Also, It's fun getting up on the jumbo tron during the game....