PDA

View Full Version : Will Harrison hold back?

Prouncey53
10-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Now that he's been fined 75k which equals about a game check and a half, do you think James will hold himself back and not play as aggressive as he is known for?

I really reallly hope not because he is one of my favorite players and to see him comply with these BS rules and fines makes me sick. On the other hand though, if he keeps hitting like hes been hitting, which i think is completely legal, he's gonna lose even more money which he needs to support his family and he's going to get suspended for a few games and let his teammates down by not being on the field.

Do you think he's gonna hold back?

SMR
10-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Now that he's been fined 75k which equals about a game check and a half, do you think James will hold himself back and not play as aggressive as he is known for?

I really reallly hope not because he is one of my favorite players and to see him comply with these BS rules and fines makes me sick. On the other hand though, if he keeps hitting like hes been hitting, which i think is completely legal, he's gonna lose even more money which he needs to support his family and he's going to get suspended for a few games and let his teammates down by not being on the field.

Do you think he's gonna hold back?

He ain't gonna hold back. In fact, he's gonna go after the refs too.

steeldevil
10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I doubt he holds back Sunday, but if he keeps getting 75,000 dollar fines every week he may. Those $75,000 fines add up you know... :doh2:

stillers4me
10-21-2010, 07:32 PM
They will probably eject him the next time he knocks someone cold, whether it's a legal hit or not. Bastards.

HometownGal
10-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Nahhhh. I don't think James is going to change the way he plays football other than instead of knocking off some Dolphin heads, he'll knock their knees out. Remember, though - according to Goodildo - it's acceptable to end a player's career by blowing out his knees. :jerkit:

ALLD
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
It is the incidental contact rule change in mid-season is what everybody is fuming about. Those of us who went through the "Mel Blount Rule" had time to adjust, but the league is being disgenuious when it states that it is changing only the enforcement and not the rule.

In the training video released to players yesterday, Anderson states that even if you aim for another part of the body and still make contact with the head or neck, you are subject to fine and suspension. That leaves a whole lot of subjective room for interpretation by officials and a way for the offense to get cheap yards.

That makes it easier for QBs, WRs, and RBs to sell tickets and t-shirts, but affects the integrity of the game. You would think they would wait until after the new CBA to make any drastic changes.

cold-hard-steel
10-21-2010, 07:45 PM
I never thought for a minute after all this guy has been through to get where he is today,that he would quit. Watch out for broken hips now.

GBMelBlount
10-21-2010, 08:01 PM
In the training video released to players yesterday, Anderson states that even if you aim for another part of the body and still make contact with the head or neck, you are subject to fine and suspension. That leaves a whole lot of subjective room for interpretation by officials and a way for the offense to get cheap yards.

I agree ALLD. Subjectivity is a huge concern.

cold-hard-steel
10-21-2010, 08:07 PM
As so many others have stated,it is a fine time to change around the interpretation of the rule. 6 games into this thing,and now this. I always thought a shoulder could do more damage than a head. Watch the shoulders fly now. The cross body block makes a come back. I thought the head was always before the shoulders. Just ask Troy.

86WARD
10-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Aim lower. Inflict same punishment.

steelreserve
10-21-2010, 09:23 PM

Yeah, won't it be great the first time someone tries to drill a receiver square the body with his shoulder ... only this time, when there's some sudden move at the end, instead of an accidental helmet-to-helmet hit, it results in an accidental helmet-to-body hit and a broken neck for the defender. That's sure a safety improvement the Commish can be proud of; another Chucky Mullins play is exactly what we all want to see.

Vis
10-22-2010, 07:59 AM

I'd rather use a cane than forget my name

The Duke
10-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I doubt he will hold back. But I do know there will continue to be holding on him every play

Merchant
10-22-2010, 10:47 AM
He ain't gonna hold back. Henne's gonna have a long day :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I doubt he will hold back. But I do know there will continue to be holding on him every play

No doubt about that. Like I said in another thread, maybe he wouldn't be so pissed off while playing if they'd start calling holding once in a while.

Devilsdancefloor
10-22-2010, 11:08 AM

this indeed he is gonna have a very long day!

SMR
10-22-2010, 12:05 PM

:yup: