PDA

View Full Version : Steelers On Network TV

SteelerEmpire
10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Well. I have NFL Sunday Ticket, but I just noticed that the next 2 Steelers games (Miami and the New Orleans game) are gonna be widely broadcast on CBS (Miami) and NBC (New Orleans on Sunday Night Football) respectively WITH a pissed off Ben AND a pissed off James Harrison... Get ur popcorn ready...

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 01:12 PM
We got 3 national night games in a row starting with the Saints game.

fansince'76
10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
About time - I've been forced to listen to the first five games via radio feeds on the Web. I refuse to pay for Sunday Ticket, especially now.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
About time - I've been forced to listen to the first five games via radio feeds on the Web. I refuse to pay for Sunday Ticket, especially now.

I sent you a feed to watch online..

fansince'76
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
I sent you a feed to watch online..

Thanks, but adthe.net is laden with spyware, in my experience.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM

I only use it if you do not have to download any new software.. I have a few more if you want for the games..

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/46883-Streaming-2010-NFL-Week-7

This forum has all NHL, NFL and MLB games... Love it..

fansince'76
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I only use it if you do not have to download any new software.. I have a few more if you want for the games..

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/46883-Streaming-2010-NFL-Week-7

This forum has all NHL, NFL and MLB games... Love it..

I know about that one too - they're all hit or miss, in my experience. You spend the 1st quarter looking for a feed that actually works, and then when you find one, the latency is so bad that it either freezes up every five seconds or the league gestapo pulls the plug on it.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I know about that one too - they're all hit or miss, in my experience. You spend the 1st quarter looking for a feed that actually works, and then when you find one, it either freezes up every five seconds oir the league gestapo pulls the plug on it.

That's why I bring all three links up and I always get one that works for the whole game... Why so negative.. Geez... Take out another leg while your at it...:attention::upyours::wave::chuckle::peep:

I use Avast for my virus blocker.. Never had any issues with spyware or adware crap..

venom
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I cried poverty to Directv and they gave me the Ticket for $ 150.00

43Hitman
10-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I know about that one too - they're all hit or miss, in my experience. You spend the 1st quarter looking for a feed that actually works, and then when you find one, the latency is so bad that it either freezes up every five seconds or the league gestapo pulls the plug on it.

PM sent brotha!

salamander
10-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I have to work on Sundays so I have no choice but to listen to the games via radio internet feed. :cry02:

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 03:52 PM
All you need is to find someone else with NFL ST that isn't using their "NFL ST to GO" that week. It lets one mobile device or computer sign in and get all the games - and the subscriber can watch via his DirecTV boxes at the same time.

fansince'76
10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
All you need is to find someone else with NFL ST that isn't using their "NFL ST to GO" that week. It lets one mobile device or computer sign in and get all the games - and the subscriber can watch via his DirecTV boxes at the same time.

I've considering sending a relative of mine who lives in the Pittsburgh metro a Slingbox.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I've considering sending a relative of mine who lives in the Pittsburgh metro a Slingbox.

Now that's a great idea.. What are they going for now days? $200-300??

fansince'76
10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Now that's a great idea.. What are they going for now days? $200-300??

Yeah, about that.

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 04:08 PM
That'll work also.

But the NFL ST to go is in high def.

SteelerFanInStl
10-21-2010, 05:13 PM

I dropped my Sunday Ticket this year after having it for 11 out of the last 12 years. I got it free last year but this year they wouldn't do it. I'm glad that I didn't buy it now with this crap the NFL is doing.

Streams are hit or miss. I watched via atdhe last week and it was a good stream. Just a couple of short problems during the game. I checked that peer 2 peer site last week and it was terrible. The one feed that they finally got up for the Steelers was unwatchable.

I'm glad to finally be able to watch the Steelers instead of having to watch the freaking Cowboys, Giants, Jets and Vikings every week.

I just looked. The Steelers game isn't on here. :( We get Jags vs. Chiefs instead. What a craptastic game.

steeldevil
10-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Miami game on here, it will be the 2nd game on tv here. Then the 3 national televised games will be on of course. Good to not have to go to the bar for a while as I have to buy food. Last year almost every game was on here, I want to say 13 of 16 were on tv... I guess it is because we were the champs.

I would never pay for the ticket, dont care enough about the other games to. I would rather just go spend 10 bucks at a bar and watch the steelers games with other fans.

vasteeler
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I been pretty lucky here the last few years. it seems like i only miss a few games a year, we get a lot of steeler games

tube517
10-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Ditto.

I don't know about your channels there, but, the Steeler fans here apparently persuaded our local CBS affiliate to switch to Steeler games. We're considered a "Ravens" market. I can tell you there are very few Ravens fans in this part of Virginia.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2010-09-21/sports/dp-spt-steelers-tv-0922_1_steelers-fans-hampton-roads-cbs-affiliate-requests

I been pretty lucky here the last few years. it seems like i only miss a few games a year, we get a lot of steeler games

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Fortunately, you guys aren't in a Ravens secondary market or the affiliate has no say in what games they air unless the team is playing at home. If you were, last week they would have been forced to air the Ravens instead of Steelers since the Ravens were on the road. This week they could pick either since the Ravens are at home.

Harrisburg, PA is a Ravens secondary market. That gets ugly every year.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Fortunately, you guys aren't in a Ravens secondary market or the affiliate has no say in what games they air unless the team is playing at home. If you were, last week they would have been forced to air the Ravens instead of Steelers since the Ravens were on the road. This week they could pick either since the Ravens are at home.

Harrisburg, PA is a Ravens secondary market. That gets ugly every year.

Ravens only get 3 games this year on CBS up here in Central, PA.... It's good knowing the station loves it's Steelers..

From the CBS 21 GM

Thanks for your email. We love the Steelers here at CBS 21! There are only 3 games this season when the NFL mandates we air Ravens away games (they designate us a "secondary market" because our market is close to Baltimore). We appreciate your support and thanks for watching CBS 21!

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Ravens only get 3 games this year on CBS up here in Central, PA.... It's good knowing the station loves it's Steelers..

From the CBS 21 GM

Thanks for your email. We love the Steelers here at CBS 21! There are only 3 games this season when the NFL mandates we air Ravens away games (they designate us a "secondary market" because our market is close to Baltimore). We appreciate your support and thanks for watching CBS 21!

They actually have to air them all, but with national appearances, that can be cut down. Plus of the 8 away games, 2 are on FOX, so they are off the hook there. Hard to believe that they have 3 national games, all away, so maybe there are other exceptions as well.

When I graduated HS in the Harrisburg area, the Ravens didn't exist. The world was a much better place back then. ;)

steeldevil
10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I am sooooo happy that the Panthers are on Fox 90% of the time. Otherwise the Steelers would never be on here except nationally televised games.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
They actually have to air them all, but with national appearances, that can be cut down. Plus of the 8 away games, 2 are on FOX, so they are off the hook there. Hard to believe that they have 3 national games, all away, so maybe there are other exceptions as well.

When I graduated HS in the Harrisburg area, the Ravens didn't exist. The world was a much better place back then. ;)

I wondered how you knew about Harrisburg.. Makes sense now.. West York HS in York for me

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Red Land HS up near New Cumberland.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Red Land HS up near New Cumberland.

Yep.. I lived in Mechanicsburg for 4 years...

CPanther95
10-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Yep.. I lived in Mechanicsburg for 4 years...

I don't know if it is still the case, but Mechanicsburg was are most hated rival.

ALLD
10-21-2010, 07:37 PM
As long as the game is sold out I will get to watch it at home on tv, otherwise I have to net it up or go to the pub.

RushHard34
10-21-2010, 08:06 PM

u dont watch the games? dont you have a buffalo wild wings or something?

Merchant
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I bought the Super Sports Pack which includes NFL Sunday Ticket and it was $29.99. That works out to a buck a day. Come on now. Everyone on here can afford that.

BPS3akaWirels3
10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I bought the Super Sports Pack which includes NFL Sunday Ticket and it was $29.99. That works out to a buck a day. Come on now. Everyone on here can afford that.

Cool... Find me a job then and put my dish on the roof..

Lambert_Loonie
10-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Just checked the506.com - I am furious. 2/3rds of the freakin' country gets Steelers/Dolphins, and I'm stuck with Bungles/Falcons!

I would've sworn that I'd get Steelers/Browns last week, since the Bungles were on a bye and the Steelers & Browns have decent followings where I live. What do I get? Patriots/Ratbirds!

The Sunday Ticket sounds more appealing every day - the only things stopping me is that I don't have DirecTV and I'd only watch the Steelers (and maybe a few other games). I've had to watch games on ADTHE - so at least I am getting to watch games - but it isn't always reliable. I guess there's always the local BW3, where I can spend $30 on food that I can get at Walmart for $10, watch games by myself and get hassled by maniac Bungle fans and staff.

Pittsburgh natives, you have NO IDEA how good you have it. NONE!

CPanther95
10-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Just checked the506.com - I am furious. 2/3rds of the freakin' country gets Steelers/Dolphins, and I'm stuck with Bungles/Falcons!

I would've sworn that I'd get Steelers/Browns last week, since the Bungles were on a bye and the Steelers & Browns have decent followings where I live. What do I get? Patriots/Ratbirds!

Being in the Bengals primary market, I assume you're angry, but not surprised the Bengals are on this week.

Last week is all on the affiliate. If the Bengals had a bye, the affiliate could stick with the "A" game (Pats/Ravens) by default, or they can request any other CBS game at the same time. They air whichever game they expect the highest ratings. But they would have had to believe that there were more Browns and Steelers fans in the market than there are Bengals fans who'd have no desire to watch the Steelers win an expected blowout.

SteelerEmpire
10-22-2010, 03:05 PM

The Sunday Ticket sounds more appealing every day - the only things stopping me is that I don't have DirecTV and I'd only watch the Steelers (and maybe a few other games). I've had to watch games on ADTHE - so at least I am getting to watch games - but it isn't always reliable. I guess there's always the local BW3, where I can spend $30 on food that I can get at Walmart for $10, watch games by myself and get hassled by maniac Bungle fans and staff.

Pittsburgh natives, you have NO IDEA how good you have it. NONE!

Man I hear you. When the money gets right I plan on purchasing a small place in the Pittsburgh area to frequent during football season.

NCSteeler
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Cool... Find me a job then and put my dish on the roof..

For the price of two decent tickets off ticketmaster, you too can now enjoy Sunday ticket onthe internet.

http://newteevee.com/2010/08/24/directvs-nfl-sunday-ticket-available-to-all-online-for-a-price/

NCSteeler
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM

What site you using for a good radio feed? I've had trouble finding them in the past.

Count Steeler
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah! I can watch the Steelers live on the CBS West feed. Yahoo!

GodfatherofSoul
10-22-2010, 03:24 PM

All those DirecTV packages are a con. They stick it to you later in the contract. It took me about a month and probably 4-5 calls before I could get them to honestly explain how much it would *really* cost me. Maybe you got a great deal, but Sunday Ticket is expensive regardless of what you do.

SteelerEmpire
10-22-2010, 03:29 PM
UPDATE: If you look at the schedule, the next 2 games after the Saints are on prime time first with ESPN (Bengals) and then another Sunday Night Football (nbc) game with the Patriots. SO THE NEXT 4 GAMES TOTAL ARE ACCESSABLE ON REGULAR TV AND BASIC PAY TV !!! GO STEELERS !