PDA

View Full Version : Collier: Running against Steelers a losing proposition

stillers4me
10-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Thursday, October 21, 2010
By Gene Collier (http://www.post-gazette.com/search/archive.asp?cCat=150), Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Whether or not James Harrison officially enters a comfortable retirement filled with cardigan sweaters and hot herbal tea before this weekend, the Miami Dolphins are going to try to run the ball against the Steelers come Sunday, so the question hasn't really changed.

Why?

I mean, why bother?

"Offenses are always going to try to use two phases," said Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who has managed 30 more tackles than Harrison this season without drawing any official scrutiny. "They don't want to just pass, so they're always going to try to run."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10294/1096893-150.stm#ixzz12zFxOQz9

ALLD
10-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Ricky and Ronnie are going to run. How much yardage they gain will decide the game.

Galax Steeler
10-22-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't think they will find much room on the ground and will be forced to throw which will play in our favor.

steeldevil
10-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I say as a team they rush for 80-90 yards. Hopefully it will be less than that.

polamalubeast
10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
The Saints and the Patriots will probably just make passing plays against the Steelers.

In 2007, the Patriots had to attempt 33 passes in a row against the Steelers.

I hope that will be ready when the Steelers will face the Saints and Pats!

Slanted August
10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
The Saints and the Patriots will probably just make passing plays against the Steelers.

In 2007, the Patriots had to attempt 33 passes in a row against the Steelers.

I hope that will be ready when the Steelers will face the Saints and Pats!

Remember the 2007 game well. We kept firing blitz after blitz after bitz and Brady was basically playing catch dinking & dunking with Wes while I believe Randy got a few over the top. Very frustrating to watch. Anthony Smith debacle. Honestly, this was strange in that D!ck kept dailing the blitz and never really mixed it up with creativity.

The Raiders also did this to us going 4 wide, no huddle with short routes to negate the blitz with Rich Gannon.

Now, it seems like the Steelers D set up the opposition during the 1st drive almost baiting them to think that is how they are going to play that day. If you look at 1st drives it seems the Steelers do give up some yardage. The QB would get some false confidense in that they are able to play out their gameplan and the overhead photos confirm this. The next drive becomes a different story. This is kinda like a fighter seting up a punch or a pitcher with a changeup. I dont know, maybe its not practical but I dont think the Steelers always give the look that the opposition sees in film study from the start.

Psycho Ward 86
10-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Remember the 2007 game well. We kept firing blitz after blitz after bitz and Brady was basically playing catch dinking & dunking with Wes while I believe Randy got a few over the top. Very frustrating to watch. Anthony Smith debacle. Honestly, this was strange in that D!ck kept dailing the blitz and never really mixed it up with creativity.

Or it could have to do with the fact that we had to start Tyrone Carter and Anthony Smith at the safety spots because of injury....against the most prolific offense in NFL history.