PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons:

stillers4me
10-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Don’t Take the Physical Play out of Football

I hate that people are giving James Harrison a bad rap right now. James is one of the nicest guys I know, and I can’t stand the way he’s being perceived.

I don’t think James was out to hurt anyone against Cleveland. He was just playing football, and that’s how we do it. It’s a collision sport, you’re going to have collisions out there. A receiver might be 5-10, 165 pounds and run a 4.4 in the 40, but when he runs into James Harrison he’s going to be hurting.

Defensive players are taught to have an aggressive persona. Guys getting hurt can be a sticky situation, but it’s been going on since I first learned how to play football. That’s the way the game is played.

I hope and pray that James doesn’t retire. He’s a guy I look up to. You would think a guy who has been MVP and been to all those Pro Bowls all the time could just take it easy, but not this guy. He comes to work every day and he works hard every day. He takes nothing for granted. He’s in the gym constantly and always running extra sprints. He has an unbelievable work ethic and he loves the game...........

read more @ Lawrence Timmons 94 http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Dont-Take-the-Physical-Play-out-of-Football/BLOG/2778994/62428.html?widgetId=18061

Devilsdancefloor
10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Great article! Wonder what wil happen when everyone is on IR because of knees

steelerdude15
10-20-2010, 10:26 PM
James is a great guy and I hope he doesn't retire. :pray: It would just eat me up alive. When I saw that he was thinking of retiring at school, my stomach gave in. Don't leave James, don't leave.

Galax Steeler
10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
I agree with everything Timmons said I can't believe that Goodell can't see the same thing everybody else does the guy lowerd his head.

SirHulka
10-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Well, Timmons is wrong about one thing.

I don’t think James was out to hurt anyone against Cleveland.

Harrison said he WAS trying to hurt people.

HometownGal
10-21-2010, 04:47 AM
Excellent read and I can't agree with Timmons more. :drink: Goodildo is taking the physicality out of a sport that has been been extremely physical since day one and over time, the NFL is going to wither up and die if defensive players are going to continue to be expected to adhere to these new Disney rules.

Lawrence also makes a very good point - why the hell are these rules being instituted before mid-season instead of at the start of the 2011 season (if there is a 2011 season)? Guys have to make huge adjustments almost overnight and that is not a simple task.

Goodell - you've taken a sport which has always been rooted on physical play and intensity and turned it into mush. You should be the Commissioner of the Royal Ballet instead of the NFL, you piece of shit. :upyours:

SirHulka
10-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Lawrence also makes a very good point - why the hell are these rules being instituted before mid-season instead of at the start of the 2011 season (if there is a 2011 season)? :

Well, for one thing, the rules have always been there, just not enforced very much. And maybe the fact that Harrison has knocked out three players in five games (plus a fine for another incident) and has been very vocal about it, has drawn attention to himself. This might not have been so bad if he'd had enough sense to STFU.