PDA

View Full Version : Ed: James Harrison Defends Himself

stillers4me
10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Tuesday, 19 October 2010 16:40
Written by Ed Bouchette http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/templates/pg_twn/images/emailButton.png (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3BsdXMuc2l0ZXMucG9zdC1nYXpldHRlLmNvb S9pbmRleC5waHAvc3BvcnRzLXRvd24vc3RlZWxlcnMvMTA1Nzg 3LWVkLWphbWVzLWhhcnJpc29uLWRlZmVuZHMtaGltc2VsZg%3D %3D)

Talked to James Harrison a little bit ago on the phone and he made some interesting points. Writing it for tomorrow but here’s some stuff for you now:

Harrison wants to be heard above the din of public opinion as the full impact of the NFL disciplinary machine seems headed his way.

Harrison should learn today what punishment, if any, the NFL issues for his high hit that knocked Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi from the game Sunday at Heinz Field. "It was a legal hit,’’ Harrison maintained in an interview Tuesday with the Post-Gazette, as did Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. “All you have to do is look at the tape.”

Harrison said he was not aiming for Massaquoi’s head and actually tried to pull off of him. He believes he’s being targeted because of media opinion against him. “If I get fined it’s because anybody out there who has camera in their face or a pen in their hand is writing their opinion and it’s all the same. I just happened to be one of the bigger names who hit somebody last weekend.”...

read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105787-ed-james-harrison-defends-himself?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Devilsdancefloor
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
“You can’t go out and play like it’s flag football,’’ Harrison said. “If that’s what they want to do, let’s put flags on everyone."

Ok i think he said it all right there and 99% of football fans will agree with him

solardave
10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
The best thing that could happen to the NFL is to FIRE GOODELL!!! He will turn this into the NPL ( National Pussy League) Say goodbye to tackle football.

ALLD
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
The best thing that could happen to the NFL is to FIRE GOODELL!!! He will turn this into the NPL ( National Pussy League) Say goodbye to tackle football.

You are correct, sir. Time for him to go and get back to the sport, instead of trying to convert it to a game.

The Duke
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
“You can’t go out and play like it’s flag football,’’ Harrison said. “If that’s what they want to do, let’s put flags on everyone.

pretty soon big guy. pretty soon....

ALLD
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Larry Foote said it best on Sunday, "They ain't gonna run the Wildcat no more."

Butch
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Harrison get's it the media spins it and then Go To Hell Godell dances like the puppet he is. The median form ass holes like brushi, and rodney harrison (from the cheats), little stevie young who never says anything good about the Steelers, and a plethera of Cryboys. I am absolutely fuming over this and I knew it was coming. What a load of crap!!!

Steeldude
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
what's the best way of getting rid of goodell? can he be fired? who does the firing?

CPanther95
10-19-2010, 08:08 PM
If they switch to flag football, Goodell will start issuing fines for velcro burns.

smokin3000gt
10-19-2010, 08:56 PM
what's the best way of getting rid of goodell? can he be fired? who does the firing?

If I'm not mistaken I think the owners must vote him out. I would imagine that few would probably vote against him in fear of the shit storm if he didn't get the boot.

GitNoLuv
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Don't count on the owners voting him out anytime soon. He is all about the almighty dollar...and so are most of the owners. He protects their interest far more than the players or the fans interest.

X-Terminator
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken I think the owners must vote him out. I would imagine that few would probably vote against him in fear of the shit storm if he didn't get the boot.

Let's also not forget that Dan Rooney openly supported him for the position. I wonder if he regrets that now?

fansince'76
10-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Don't count on the owners voting him out anytime soon. He is all about the almighty dollar...and so are most of the owners. He protects their interest far more than the players or the fans interest.

If enough fans get turned off by his actions, it will eventually eat into the owners' bottom line.

GitNoLuv
10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
If enough fans get turned off by his actions, it will eventually eat into the owners' bottom line.

Don't count on that either. Think about the PSL's and stuff that have infested most stadiums. The NFL will have to go on a strike to lose it's current popularity...no matter how BS the rules are getting. Unless the NFL goes on strike, the fans will just keep on coming.

Mach1
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Yep, when people stop tuning in to watch the Pansy League and ratings fall so does the television revenue.

fansince'76
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Don't count on that either. Think about the PSL's and stuff that have infested most stadiums. The NFL will have to go on a strike to lose it's current popularity...no matter how BS the rules are getting. Unless the NFL goes on strike, the fans will just keep on coming.

That's coming next year.

Steeldude
10-19-2010, 09:27 PM

it would be great if every fan would get on the same page and boycott the games for one week

zulater
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
The fine isn't what concerns me, it's the fact that Harrison is going to have the microscope on him like no other. If he sneezes on a dolphin this week he's odds on to be tossed. Tough to play all out when you know the microscope is on you.:frusty:

JayC
10-19-2010, 09:31 PM
this is complete bullshit. goodell is ruining the league. each year it gets worse

Galax Steeler
10-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Larry Foote said it best on Sunday, "They ain't gonna run the Wildcat no more."

Just ask Pat White of Miami.

HometownGal
10-20-2010, 04:59 AM
The fine isn't what concerns me, it's the fact that Harrison is going to have the microscope on him like no other. If he sneezes on a dolphin this week he's odds on to be tossed. Tough to play all out when you know the microscope is on you.:frusty:

Bingo. The Steelers D has always been about hard hitting, physical play and now they, especially James, are going to be expected to divert from one of the main aspects of their game so Goodildo's panties don't find themselves up his ass again. It's sickening what this league is becoming. :mad:

BuddhaBus
10-20-2010, 05:16 AM
I am soon going to be done with NFL football. If they have a lockout next year, on top of Goodell's constant shitting on and pussification of this sport, I could officially be through with it. They may as well put Chris Crocker in as commissioner! LEAVE HIM ALONE! LEAVE TOM BRADY ALONE! :Cry:

I may as well take up watching curling or something else useless and boring. :noidea:

steel striker
10-20-2010, 02:42 PM
I can't stand Goodell and, he is a disgrace to the shield.

ALLD
10-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Now you all understand what we went through in the 1970s with the Mel Blount rule. This is a slippery slope and pretty soon it will evolve into something like if one defender has a WR in his grasp, another defender cannot assist in the tackle unless the WR breaks free.