PDA

View Full Version : Coach Tomlin's Weekly Press conference (10-19-10)

stillers4me
10-19-2010, 01:13 PM
At his weekly press conference today, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin discussed James Harrison's hits, the positional competitions, Rashard Mendenhall's workload, and more.

Mike Tomlin, coach, Pittsburgh Steelers (http://pit.scout.com/)

Good afternoon. It’s a big week for us. It’s the first week of a three-game road stretch. We’re going down to South Florida to play the Dolphins. We’re pretty familiar with these guys. We played them late of course last year. They’re a really good football team. They’re 3-2 this year. Their losses are to New England and the Jets, two very good football teams. I’ve got a lot of respect for those guys and what they’re capable of. As we look at the tape there are several things in all three phases that stand out.
First of all, when you’re talking about their team, how they play, they stay on schedule offensively. They’re converting 49.3 percent of their third-down plays. So they’re moving the football, converting third downs, they dominate time of possession..............

http://pit.scout.com/2/1013507.html

stillers4me
10-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I didn’t see those comments, but I know James. James says a lot of things he doesn’t necessarily mean. He’s a tough talker, like a lot of guys that play the game at this level. If you want to get to know James, catch him on a Tuesday when he’s walking through the building with his son. He’s a big softie.

Quit shattering his image, Coach. :lol:

cold-hard-steel
10-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I think this will be a fine test for us going on the road and trying to play mistake free football away from home. This team has everything it needs to exceed most peoples expectations. It's all up to them. If we play Steeler football , and limit penalties,i see no reason we can not squash the Dolphins dreams of being a contender.It is an AFC opponent,so this is an important game. Just hope Ben doesn't stop by Milledgeville after the game.Or before for that matter.