PDA

View Full Version : Keisel out for Miami game

stillers4me
10-18-2010, 07:45 PM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 18, 2010
• The Steelers may be without Brett Keisel next Sunday in Miami as the starting defensive end sustained a hamstring injury against the Cleveland Browns. "That could be an issue moving forward," coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers beat the Browns, 28-10. Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood played in place of Keisel, with Eason getting first crack after Keisel went down. Tomlin said either player is capable of starting against the Dolphins if Keisel is unable to play in the 1 p.m. game. "They're 3 and 3a, if you will, in terms of defensive ends," Tomlin said. "At the end of the day, they usually play a similar number of snaps."

• Right tackle Flozell Adams and starting guards Chris Kemoeatu and Doug Legursky left the game with injuries, but all later returned to action.........

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_704840.html#

tube517
10-18-2010, 09:47 PM
We'll miss Diesel and that beard but I have confidence in Nick/Ziggy

Psycho Ward 86
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
I was kind of disappointed that Nick Eason came in for Keisel during the Browns game instead of Ziggy...

steelpride12
10-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I think Hood should get the start over Keisel during Sundays game, that's why we drafted him and here is his chance to shine, hope Keisel is healthy soon though!

The Duke
10-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Dolphins run a lot so there'll really be a constant rotation of eason hood and smith. And probably mcclendon

Though they will probably have to try to win through the air. No runningback over 44 yards on this defense. Not a rush over 14 yards. Ridiculous!

Galax Steeler
10-19-2010, 03:19 AM
Dolphins run a lot so there'll really be a constant rotation of eason hood and smith. And probably mcclendon

Though they will probably have to try to win through the air. No runningback over 44 yards on this defense. Not a rush over 14 yards. Ridiculous!

Well said they will not win it on the ground if they try to do that then it will be a long day for them.

HometownGal
10-19-2010, 05:01 AM
I think Hood should get the start over Keisel during Sundays game, that's why we drafted him and here is his chance to shine, hope Keisel is healthy soon though!

My thoughts exactly. Though I appreciate Eason's contributions, I really want Ziggy to get the start - let the kid have his shot!

fansince'76
10-19-2010, 05:28 AM
I was kind of disappointed that Nick Eason came in for Keisel during the Browns game instead of Ziggy...

Same here - I'm really starting to wonder what the deal with Ziggy is. :noidea:

venom
10-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Hopefully the weather isnt as bad like Tampa or Tenn .

Mtn.Steel
10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 18, 2010
• The Steelers may be without Brett Keisel next Sunday in Miami as the starting defensive end sustained a hamstring injury against the Cleveland Browns. "That could be an issue moving forward," coach Mike Tomlin said after the Steelers beat the Browns, 28-10. Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood played in place of Keisel, with Eason getting first crack after Keisel went down. Tomlin said either player is capable of starting against the Dolphins if Keisel is unable to play in the 1 p.m. game. "They're 3 and 3a, if you will, in terms of defensive ends," Tomlin said. "At the end of the day, they usually play a similar number of snaps."

• Right tackle Flozell Adams and starting guards Chris Kemoeatu and Doug Legursky left the game with injuries, but all later returned to action.........

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_704840.html#

This thread should be re-titled! I HATE misleading thread titles just to get more replies.

steeldevil
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Ziggy should get the start over Eason. I wonder why we have not seen much of Ziggy this year. Hope he is still progressing well...