PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: I don't know where Terry Bradshaw's criticism came from

polamalubeast
10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/10/ben-roethlisberger-i-dont-know-where-terry-bradshaws-criticism-came-from/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29&utm_content=Twitter

HometownGal
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Though I have made no secret about my feelings on Brad being a total hypocrite considering the way he treated women in his younger years - particularly his ex-wife JoJo Starbuck, I think Ben needs to put Bradshaw's remarks behind him and move on. All Ben is doing by making statements like this is pouring gasoline on the smoldering fire and giving it a chance to re-ignite once again, imho.

stlrtruck
10-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Though I have made no secret about my feelings on Brad being a total hypocrite considering the way he treated women in his younger years - particularly his ex-wife JoJo Starbuck, I think Ben needs to put Bradshaw's remarks behind him and move on. All Ben is doing by making statements like this is pouring gasoline on the smoldering fire and giving it a chance to re-ignite once again, imho.

I'd have to respectively disagree with you HTG. I believe what Ben is doing, is extending an olive branch to Terry. I also think that Ben is letting the critics, cynics, and media idiots know that you're not going to get me to bite. While Ben may not know where the comments came from, he's also saying, "I'm not going to continue this conversation. I know that Bradshaw is the HOF QB that led this franchise to the greatest moments in their history, I've looked up to him for that, and I want to make amends."

I think he's taking the high road here, saying I hold no hard feelings. Let's put it all behind us and start anew. The question now remains can TB do the same thing considering his position on the FOX Football show?

vasteeler
10-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd have to respectively disagree with you HTG. I believe what Ben is doing, is extending an olive branch to Terry. I also think that Ben is letting the critics, cynics, and media idiots know that you're not going to get me to bite. While Ben may not know where the comments came from, he's also saying, "I'm not going to continue this conversation. I know that Bradshaw is the HOF QB that led this franchise to the greatest moments in their history, I've looked up to him for that, and I want to make amends."

I think he's taking the high road here, saying I hold no hard feelings. Let's put it all behind us and start anew. The question now remains can TB do the same thing considering his position on the FOX Football show?

yeah, i agree

TXSteelerFan
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM

I don’t believe TB can put it behind him... It sure didn't look like it yesterday. I was watching the Fox half time show or Post game show for the Dallas vs. Vikings game, It was Curt Menefee and Terry Bradshaw and Curt ended it with and don’t quote me but something like this Big Ben leads the Steelers to a victory over the Browns with his first game back. The look on Bradshaws face was priceless it's like he wanted to say something but then right before it cut to commercial Bradshaw looked at Curt with what I call sarcasm. I will look for a link, but i doubt I can find one.

stlrtruck
10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I don’t believe TB can put it behind him... It sure didn't look like it yesterday. I was watching the Fox half time show or Post game show for the Dallas vs. Vikings game, It was Curt Menefee and Terry Bradshaw and Curt ended it with and don’t quote me but something like this Big Ben leads the Steelers to a victory over the Browns with his first game back. The look on Bradshaws face was priceless it's like he wanted to say something but then right before it cut to commercial Bradshaw looked at Curt with what I call sarcasm. I will look for a link, but i doubt I can find one.

Then that's on TB not Ben. I have no problem with either of them. TB can say whatever he wants and Ben can choose to either let it bother him or not. What I care about is how Ben handles the pressure on the field and how he handles himself off the field in relation to his female prospects and off-season late night festivities/activities. As for TB, he's in the media and I guess he's paid to create controversy real or not.

Chidi29
10-18-2010, 10:33 AM

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.