PDA

View Full Version : Drive changes momentum for Steelers

stillers4me
10-18-2010, 05:12 AM
By Kevin Gorman (kgorman@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, October 18, 2010

The Steelers were pinned at their own 4 when Ben Roethlisberger came into the huddle with two requests: for protection, so he had time to make the throw; and for receiver Mike Wallace to catch it. "I wasn't worried about that," Wallace said. "I told him, 'Just let it fly and I'll come down with it.'"

The result was a 50-yard pass play that sparked a five-play, 96-yard scoring drive at 3:13 of the third quarter in the Steelers' 28-10 victory Sunday afternoon over the AFC North rival Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field.

The drive opened up the offense on a day when Roethlisberger, returning from a four-game suspension, threw touchdown passes to receivers Wallace and Hines Ward and tight end Heath Miller. All three targets played a pivotal role in a drive that gave the Steelers their first double-digit lead, 14-3..........................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_704831.html

Butch
10-18-2010, 06:24 AM
That pass to Mike was Huge!!! Ben put the ball where it needed to be and Mike caught it to get us a huge lift. The very next pass was to HEATH and put us on the 10, 2 plays and we go from deep shite to high cotton. Then to top off the drive the pass Hines and he does what Hines does he out PHYSICALS the defenders to the endzone!!!

From our own 4 to the promise land in 5 plays who'd a thunk it??? Aint it great to have Ben BAAACK!!!

Great post Stillers4me.

venom
10-18-2010, 06:52 AM
That drive was BIG . I think Batch could have done it in 4 plays though, lol

43Hitman
10-18-2010, 06:56 AM
That drive was BIG . I think Batch could have done it in 4 plays though, lol
:buttkick:

HometownGal
10-18-2010, 07:46 AM
That drive was BIG . I think Batch could have done it in 40 plays though, lol

There - fixed that for ya V. :heh:

There were a lot of huge plays yesterday by a variety of players but that pass from Ben to MW was HUGE and definitely the momentum swinger. :thumbsup: I think anyone who was paying attention to that game yesterday could plainly see that our O was fired up to have their leader back. :applaudit:

Edman
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Batch or Dixon wouldn't have made that play, period.

This game really demonstrated how much Ben means to the Steelers.

Count Steeler
10-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Ben is an elite quarterback in this league, no matter what the pundits say. He is a leader, he is a passer, he makes players around him better and he is tough.