PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall is Steelers' most indispensable player

LLT
10-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Mendenhall is Steelers' most indispensable player
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ben Roethlisberger, the team MVP from a year ago, is back — but he's not the Steelers' most indispensable player.

That honor goes to running back Rashard Mendenhall.

The Steelers proved they can win without Roethlisberger at quarterback. But without Mendenhall in the lineup, they're done

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_704766.html

Count Steeler
10-17-2010, 07:03 AM
All depends on how the Steelers react by not having Mendenhall. Don't think they would just sit around and say oh well, we don't have a running game. Mendenhall is a good fit, but the Steelers are a smart organization.

stlrtruck
10-17-2010, 07:04 AM
:bs: I have no doubt that Mendenhall is vital to our success, but it seems whenever we've needed a RB to step up, there has always been that one.

The most indespensable player plays on defense and fluctuates between Polamalu or Smith.

Galax Steeler
10-17-2010, 07:16 AM
I know Mendenhall is a valuable player and that we don't have anyone who can come close to him on our depth chart. From what I have seen I think Redman could be a nice fill in if Mendenhall was to go down. He may not be the back that Mendenhall is but if needed he would be fine.

zulater
10-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I've got one thing to say about this thread. Troy.

solardave
10-17-2010, 10:03 AM
While he is very valuable to us I would like to see who the backup is. Is it Dwyer or Redman? The first 4 games should have sorted this out. I just don't think he is the one player we can't win without.

steeldevil
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Nope Troy is. Redman has shown in flashes that he MAY could step in as starter if needed.