PDA

View Full Version : Legursky to make third start against Cleveland

Galax Steeler
10-16-2010, 03:58 AM
» Guard Trai Essex again was a limited participant in practice. That will result in the third career start for Doug Legursky, who replaced Essex after he suffered an ankle injury against Tennessee. Hard work paid off for Legursky, who played eight games as a reserve guard and fullback last season while also playing center in preseason. Legursky's versatility may have earned him a roster spot, but he can now concentrate on playing one position — for now. "I was able to play both guards and center. That's one of the reasons why I stuck around," Legursky said Friday. "It really got me ready for whatever position may have opened up. I'm happy I'm able to to get my shot, and I always knew I was going to be ready just from the work I put into it."

» Wide receiver Hines Ward said the Steelers aren't looking past the 1-4 Browns. The Steelers need a win in the AFC North after losing their first division game to Baltimore two weeks ago. "It's big," Ward said. "It's a divisional game, and we're 0-1 right now."

» Cleveland quarterbacks Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace are listed as doubtful after not practicing all week because of high ankle sprains. Rookie Colt McCoy will make his first NFL start. Other Browns listed as doubtful are DE Robaire Smith (back) and T John St. Clair (ankle). RB Peyton Hillis (thigh) returned to practice in a limited capacity after sitting out Wednesday and Thursday and is questionable. "My expectation is that he'll be ready to go on Sunday," coach Eric Mangini said of Hillis, who leads Cleveland in rushing.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_704624.html

BPS3akaWirels3
10-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Your up way too early for this.. lol

MULLDOG24
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Really glad for Legursky and hope that he is gonna stick at guard. I think he is a great fit for a Steelers o-lineman, mean, nasty, and has attitude.

BuddhaBus
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I'd rather see the Big Legursky than Essex anyway. :tt03:

pepsyman1
10-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I'd rather see the Big Legursky than Essex anyway. :tt03:

that makes a few thousand of us... LOL

O'Malley
10-16-2010, 01:00 PM
that makes a few thousand of us... LOL

I'll throw my hat in that ring as well

The Duke