PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger return opens up playbook

stillers4me
10-15-2010, 05:07 AM
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box

October 14th, 2010

Bruce Arians’ Thursday chat with reporters resumed following the Steelers’ bye week, and the offensive coordinator said, among other things, that the return of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will open up the playbook.

Arians also said that wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will dress instead of Antonio Brown against the Browns. The two have been waging a weekly battle for what coach Mike Tomlin calls a game day “hat.”

Sanders will serve as the Steelers’ No. 4 wide receiver and primary kickoff returner Sunday at Heinz Field while Brown won’t dress for the first time since the season opener.

What follows is a transcript of Arians’ talk with reporters following Steelers’ practice today.
Q: With Ben is everyone less afraid to make mistakes and therefore it makes everybody play better?
A: “I think he brings an air of confidence to the whole group because of what he has done in the past. Because of what he has done in the past, his resume, as coach (Mike Tomlin) would say is pretty daggone good. It brings an ‘OK’ we’re not afraid to call this’ because if we get behind the chains we have a chance to get back out. That makes it a little easier. And I’m excited to see him play. I think he’s more than ready.”.......

HometownGal
10-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Q: How do things change with the offense with Ben coming back?

A: “I think we are who we are right now, and hopefully he comes in and plays his quality of football that we’re used to and just see how each game unfolds. Each one’s different. We’ll probably stay within who we are right now and let him feel his way into it and see what happens.”

Good to read that the coaches aren't going to put too much on Ben's shoulders the first game back, but knowing Ben as we do - he'll probably try to make a couple of superhuman plays because that's just who he is on the field. :thumbsup:

I'm ecstatic to have Ben back! :applaudit:

Butch
10-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Good to read that the coaches aren't going to put too much on Ben's shoulders the first game back, but knowing Ben as we do - he'll probably try to make a couple of superhuman plays because that's just who he is on the field. :thumbsup:

I'm ecstatic to have Ben back! :applaudit:

I completely agree!!!

I can't wait for Ben to show what he is capable of and we can play a much more aggressive game on offense and score a few more points off turn overs in enemy territory. Don't get me wrong I wanna still see runs but as I have said before if it don't work try something different and if it does work make them stop it.