PDA

View Full Version : Steelers.com: CLEVELAND BROWNS CONFERENCE CALLS

stillers4me
10-14-2010, 07:47 AM
COACH ERIC MANGINI

RE: Update on quarterback situation:
Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme are both going to miss practice here today. And we’ll see how it progresses through the course of the week. We signed Brett Ratliff yesterday who was with us last year. He was with me in New York. He has a lot of experience in the system. And we have Colt McCoy. Those two guys will take the reps here today and see how it goes through the course of the week.

Is Colt McCoy the guy if Wallace and Delhomme can’t play? He’ll get more of the reps here, but I want to see how it goes through the week before having a definitive answer there.

How tough is it to coach with so many quarterback changes? ( "I consulted with Mike Tomlin". :heh:)
It’s challenging because we went into the season with Jake Delhomme as the starter. And then he was hurt the first game. Then Seneca came in. Seneca did a great job and did a great job during the preseason. But you do have to do some different things with him than you have to with Jake. Now with both banged up, you got to adjust to each guy that’s in. We do that during the course of the week, not knowing whether you’ll get to your two or three [second or third quarterback]. Things are catered to specific guys within the framework of the game plan, but you’d like to go into each game with an anticipation of who is going to play, and some continuity week in and week out..........

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Browns-Conference-Calls/eefbc783-f3f1-4202-a7c1-f4310e7636bd

SirHulka
10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Question: Coach Mangenie, are you playing in Pittsburgh this weekend?

Answer: Well, generally speaking, and in a round-about way, that could be construed as the most obvious answer to your question. However, there are certain inconsistancies in that base theorum which have to be weighed against possible mitigating factors that could, or may not, have an impact on the answer. When we've had more time, later in the week, we might be able to give you a more detailed summation of our position. Unless, of course, things change, and we have to re-modify our #1 stance on that subject.

Question: WHAT???

Answer: Next question, please.

The Duke
10-14-2010, 08:56 AM

Answer: Well, generally speaking, and in a round-about way, that could be construed as the most obvious answer to your question. However, there are certain inconsistancies in that base theorum which have to be weighed against possible mitigating factors that could, or may not, have an impact on the answer. When we've had more time, later in the week, we might be able to give you a more detailed summation of our position. Unless, of course, things change, and we have to re-modify our #1 stance on that subject.

:rofl2:

stillers4me
10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Good one, Sir Hulka! :lol:

MULLDOG24
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM

I think that sums up Eric Man"NOT SO GENIUS" pretty well!!!LOL:rofl2:

PalmerSteel
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
cant wait until we play these stinky poo's. time for revenge from last year. with this being his first start maybe, playing this D could damage colt for a long time, and i am only talking mentally :)