PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Offensive line must adjust for Roethlisberger

Galax Steeler
10-14-2010, 03:36 AM
His linemen contemplated the subtleties of blocking techniques they use with Ben Roethlisberger in or out of the pocket even as their quarterback found himself surrounded Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10287/1095099-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz12JvPlwk8

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
What is the over-under on sacks this weekend?? I say 3.5

vasteeler
10-14-2010, 10:13 AM
What is the over-under on sacks this weekend?? I say 3.5

under 3.5

JayC
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
all the talk is about ben's return but indeed the key to it all is solid offensive line play cause of course if they suck then it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. hopefully they show up. they shouldn't have any trouble adjusting to ben in my opinion it's always the same basic concept of dont let the guy get past you and try to keep them on the inside so ben can escape the pocket to make some plays.

Count Steeler
10-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Fortunately this year we have an evolving leader on the Oline. Pouncey may be young, but I think he is getting a lot of respect real quick. He strikes me as having an aggressive attitude that would make him a good player on the defense. Instead, he will be leading his linemates in a triumphant performance over the Browns.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Its all really apparent that if Ben gets sacked 50 times in a year, then 30 are maybe on the O line, but the other 20 on him not getting rid of the ball. Its what he does and how he plays..........but the armchair analysts just say the line sucks for giving up so many sacks.

Its different playing in front of a guy that doesnt stay in the pocket and I still think that Starks is average, Kemo and Essex below average pass protectors. Cool thing might be if Legursky can be better than Essex in pass pro and work well with the guys on either side of him.