PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs anxious to run Wildcat against Steelers

stillers4me
10-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Browns coach Eric Mangini appears to have limited options at quarterback with his team preparing for an AFC North game against the Steelers.

One way Mangini could go Sunday with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme unlikely to play because of ankle injuries: employing the Wildcat on an extensive or even full-time basis.

Cleveland multi-purpose threat Josh Cribbs triggers the Wildcat, and he said that the Browns could run the gimmick offense for the entire game Sunday if that gives them the best chance of beating the Steelers.

“It’s a full package,” Cribbs said of the Wildcat today during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters. “It’s not like last year, a week to week thing were we were putting in new plays. It’s more than enough to run a complete football game out of it.”........

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/13/cribbs-anxious-to-run-wildcat-against-steelers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

solardave
10-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Good luck with that Josh.

SMR
10-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Good luck with that Josh.

I know. Cribbs sounds overconfident and I hope that fuels the Steelers' fire even more. :flame::flame:

BuddhaBus
10-13-2010, 04:20 PM
If their Wildcat is so spectacular, then why do the Browns only have one win and Delhomme wasn't yanked after a couple of series in favor of it last week? :huh:

SMR
10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
If their Wildcat is so spectacular, then why do the Browns only have one win and Delhomme wasn't yanked after a couple of series in favor of it last week? :huh:

Good point sir. The Brownies must be desperate.

JonM229
10-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I believe that the Wildcat will be about as effective as it was against the Ravens: maybe one good play from it and that's all.

ALLD
10-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Timmons or Clark need to lay a hit on Cribbs to slow him up a bit. He better be running for the sidelines.

beSteelmyheart
10-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I agree, good point.
And once again do they expect one man to carry an entire team like they did with Hillis & beat him down in the process?? I respect Cribbs, but he's only 1 guy. He can only do so much without the team stepping up.

Count Steeler
10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Let's play this game already!!!! I hate bye weeks.

Josh, you are good and you can run, but you are only 1 player. I don't think a pumped up D is going to let you run wild.

XxKnightxX
10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
We havent forgotten about last year........
Try to run on us, I dare you, you will pay

Devilsdancefloor
10-13-2010, 06:32 PM
well honestly they had a lot of success with it the last game we played them why wouldnt he be confident?

Count Steeler
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM
"Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it." If the Steelers haven't learned anything from the last game, then let's pack it in and give the Super Bowl to the Jets (or whoever).

If we don't protect Ben, run the ball, stop their run, then there is a good chance we will lose.

Nadroj 20
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
All I know is Colt McCoy is scared for his life right now :chuckle:

GitNoLuv
10-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Should Cribbs not be "confident" (or at least say he is?) He's a professional player, a multi-Pro Bowler and actually capable of running a wildcat style of offense that has had some success against the Steelers. I'm not saying it will be a success, but what are these professional athletes supposed to say?

Galax Steeler
10-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Like someone else said if the wildcat is so effective then why haven't they been sticking with it if they can play a whole game with it. Sounds a little fishy to me.

HometownGal
10-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Oh - Cribbs is anxious to run the wildcat is he? Well, I'm anxious to see our LB corps flatten him like a pancake. :yay3: Does he think Papa Lebeau and the Steelers don't watch film and aren't going to be prepared for their little gimmicks? :doh: