PDA

View Full Version : TribLive blog: Expect to see Cribbs at QB Sunday

stillers4me
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
(http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/12/expect-to-see-cribbs-at-qb-sunday/)

October 12th, 2010

The top priority for the Steelers Sunday appears to be simple: don’t let Josh Cribbs beat you.

Not as a returner, even if that means swallowing your pride and kicking it away from the Steelers killer, and certainly not as a quarterback.

With it looking increasingly likely that rookie quarterback Colt McCoy will make his first career start at Heinz Field -- and stare directly into the maw of an aggressive not to mention angry defense -- the Browns may have little choice but to give Cribbs significant snaps under center.

It has been well-documented how Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau torments young and inexperienced quarterbacks. And there probably could not be a worse setting for McCoy to make his first NFL start...........

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/10/12/expect-to-see-cribbs-at-qb-sunday/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Steeldude
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
i can see cribbs killing the steelers as a running QB in the wildcat

tube517
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
He is more dangerous as a return man. Ask the former Special Teams coach.

Butch
10-12-2010, 07:02 PM

I just don't sense that from this team this year. For some reason I have a pretty good feeling about this game with Ben coming back I think it will spark on both sides of the ball. Just a gut thing but that's what it tells me this week.

ALLD
10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Re: TribLive blog: Expect to see Cribbs at QB Sunday

Yes, if you have a highlight reel from 2009.

*Also see Lawrence Timmons in another thread posted on this forum.

steelreserve
10-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm convinced that even if we kick the ball out of bounds every time and Cribbs tears both ACLs in warmups, he'll still have at least one kick return for a touchdown. It's practically a league bylaw at this point.

SirHulka
10-13-2010, 02:23 AM
The guy who was playing against the likes of Missouri and Baylor at this time a year ago may be called upon to solve a defense that is rested

The writer kind of 'forgets' that he also played 15 games against ranked teams, including 7 against top ten teams, and 3 against the #1 team in the nation. Just sayin'.

steelpride12
10-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I think the fact that our defense and ST's has improved greatly so far this season is a sign that we will be ready and prepared for Cribbs this time around. I know we always seem to give up at least 1 TD against him I think it's different this time.

SteelerSal
10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
"When you show areas of deficiencies usually you are going to continue to see those challenges until you fix it, and we didn’t fix it (last season). We’ll have an opportunity to fix it (Sunday). If we don’t we’re going to see quite a bit of it.”

Prove it, Coach "T"!!

SteelerSal
10-13-2010, 08:40 AM
The writer kind of 'forgets' that he also played 15 games against ranked teams, including 7 against top ten teams, and 3 against the #1 team in the nation. Just sayin'.

Any top 10 ranked college teams don't even closely compare to the same level of the weakest of NFL teams....just sayin'.

Dino 6 Rings
10-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Ready for it...

DUH!

steeldevil
10-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Their regular offense with Colt McCoy at the helm frightens me as much as a butterfly. Cribbs in the Wildcat and returning is very scary. Cribbs is likely the only way they score any points on Sunday...

vasteeler
10-13-2010, 10:56 AM
cut off cribbs and the rest die