PDA

View Full Version : THE STEELERS vs THE BROWNS: THE TOP TEN GREAT GAMES

LLT
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
THE STEELERS vs THE BROWNS:THE TOP TEN GREAT GAMES
Reprinted from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette of November 25th 1995

Gene Collier of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette introduces what he considers are the best 10 games in the big emotional tapestry of the series.

http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/page3.htm

stlrtruck
10-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Interesting read. Good article.

Wallace108
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
For me, the most memorable game was in 1995. It was the first regular-season game I attended. It was a Monday Night game. It was the last trip for the Browns to Three Rivers. Browns fans were there en masse wearing their orange arm bands in protest of Modell moving the team, and the atmosphere was electric. And that was the night Slash threw his first TD (ok, it was exciting at the time :chuckle:).

tube517
10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I remember the #1 game in 1979. Very exhausting game to watch but a great one. The Stains took it to the Steelers. You could see that season was the last hurrah for the core 70's group. They couldn't destroy teams anymore. They were vulnerable.

polamalubeast
10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
The game in playoff games in 2002 and the 2007 regular season(31-28....at Pittsburgh) should have been on this list.

BlastFurnace
10-12-2010, 11:27 AM
The game in playoff games in 2002 and the 2007 regular season(31-28....at Pittsburgh) should have been on this list.

I remember all of them from the 70's on. I agree with you though..the 2002 Playoff Game was a game that should have made the list.

Another game that came to mind was the Eric Metcalf game. One of the most maddening regular season games I have ever seen.

That Leroy Hoard play was strange. After that catch, I thought the Steelers were jinxed in that stadium. There was another loss in Cleveland 1992 and 1993, so In 1994, I decided to take action. I figured that since the Steelers always lost in Cleveland....that I would try to do something different. Since the team that I always pullee for in Cleveland (the Steelers) always lost, I decided to try to reverse their fortunes by pulling for the Browns when they played the Steelers in Cleveland the next season...since the team that I pulled for always lost. I even went to a Cleveland Browns sports bar and cheered away. I almost got busted when Woodson picked off Testaverde and I cheered...but I told the guy next to me that I thought that Woodson had dropped the ball. LOL...I think I had a role in their reverse in fortunes in Cleveland.