PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland 'had bead on Ben'

stillers4me
10-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Monday, October 11, 2010
By Ron Cook (http://www.post-gazette.com/search/archive.asp?cCat=87), Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/bigben1011_330.jpg
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette file

CLEVELAND -- Your team is 1-4, already buried in the AFC North Division and looking at an eighth consecutive season without the playoffs. You were just beaten at home, 20-10, by the Atlanta Falcons in a game when it became more evident than ever that you don't have a quarterback or an offense of which to speak. But it could be worse. You have that next game to anticipate. It's more than just another game. It's against the hated Steelers Sunday at Heinz Field, a game in which quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will play for the first time this season. If that doesn't get you excited, knowing that a lot of eyeballs across America will be watching to see how Big Ben does, well ...
Trust me, the Cleveland Browns are excited.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10284/1094300-87.stm#ixzz122lZ4k8O

HometownGal
10-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Whelp - they can shove their "bead" up their asses. With it looking like Jake Delhomme is going to be the QB, the eight sacks the Browns D got on Ben last December will look paltry in comparison to the beating Jake is going to take against the Steelers D next Sunday. They'll have him running for his life back there when he isn't laying on his back. Delhomme is going to hurt like a bitch come 4:00 Sunday afternoon. :tt03:

stlrtruck
10-11-2010, 06:33 AM
I've got a solution to those 8 sacks....meet the new leader of the OL - Maurkice Pouncey!!!

Count Steeler
10-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Time to put up or shut up. Somehow, I don't think the Browns will be speaking much at 4 on Sunday.

BuddhaBus
10-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Whelp - they can shove their "bead" up their asses. With it looking like Jake Delhomme is going to be the QB, the eight sacks the Browns D got on Ben last December will look paltry in comparison to the beating Jake is going to take against the Steelers D next Sunday. They'll have him running for his life back there when he isn't laying on his back. Delhomme is going to hurt like a bitch come 4:00 Sunday afternoon. :tt03:

More paybacks to be dealt out. The Raiders and Bungles better watch out this year too. The Chiefs get to dodge the crappy-team-beating-us payback bullet. Do you think Delhomme is going to be nervous when he sees our defense come out with bibs on, a fork and knife in each hand and drool pouring out of their facemasks? :hungry:

stlrtruck
10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
More paybacks to be dealt out. The Raiders and Bungles better watch out this year too. The Chiefs get to dodge the crappy-team-beating-us payback bullet. Do you think Delhomme is going to be nervous when he sees our defense come out with bibs on, a fork and knife in each hand and drool pouring out of their facemasks? :hungry:

You know the only difference between that picture and you? Is the D looks scary doing it, you, not so much!

BuddhaBus
10-11-2010, 07:13 AM
You know the only difference between that picture and you? Is the D looks scary doing it, you, not so much!

Yeah, but with you the food would look scary! :boink:

willie
10-11-2010, 07:16 AM
The only thing about the Browns that is worth worrying about is the play of Josh Cribbs.

LLT
10-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Watching the Browns fans makes me sad.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1022/pg2_g_browns_fans_300.jpg

They have a certain......look

Its almost like......

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/funeral0505_468x308.jpg

polamalubeast
10-11-2010, 07:46 AM
http://buzzytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Lebron-James-Miami-Heat-Jersey-510x286.jpg

Texasteel
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM

Its almost like......

I have alway felt a little sorry for the Browns fans. They are like the pup that shows up and the door with big sad eyes. It makes you feel bad but you just have to kick him away.

As for Jake, I don't know if he will be on the field long enough to get hurt to badly. Get use to the phrase " 3 and out." I do expect the look of fear in his eyes, but he will have that coming into the stadium.

BuddhaBus
10-11-2010, 08:00 AM

Its almost like......

Wouldn't the Browns have to actually show some life before there's any kind of funeral? :heh:

Just George
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't the Browns have to actually show some life before there's any kind of funeral? :heh:

Hehe :)

Mach1
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I have alway felt a little sorry for the Browns fans. They are like the pup that shows up and the door with big sad eyes. It makes you feel bad but you just have to kick him away.

As for Jake, I don't know if he will be on the field long enough to get hurt to badly. Get use to the phrase " 3 and out." I do expect the look of fear in his eyes, but he will have that coming into the stadium.

I hope your right. Our secondary might make him look like the next Joe Montana on those pesky 3rd and longs.

vasteeler
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I hope your right. Our secondary might make him look like the next Joe Montana on those pesky 3rd and longs.

your right , 3rd and long scares me way more than third and 1 or 2

cold-hard-steel
10-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know guys,after beating us once out of our last thirteen meetings,i think they have our number now.I just hope we can survive.I am beside myself,and dread them coming to town. LOL

Edman
10-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah, man. Those Browns have turned the tables on us. There's no way we can beat them now. They figured us all out.

memphissteelergirl
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
The only thing about the Browns that is worth worrying about is the play of Josh Cribbs.

Yeah well that RB Hillis ain't no slouch either....he made the Ravens' D his collective beotch a couple of weeks ago...and that's no small accomplishment.

Yeah, man. Those Browns have turned the tables on us. There's no way we can beat them now. They figured us all out.

:sarcasm2::toofunny:

siss
10-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Im sure Ben and his lombardi's are scared!

Dino 6 Rings
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
The Browns are a Rival. Never over look a Rival. Especially one that sucked eggs last season yet beat us late in the season to keep us out of the Playoffs. Or the same Rival that after not having a team for a few years, and after having us welcome them back with the beating of a lifetime, came back in the 2nd game that year and beat us with a last second fieldgoal. You Shall Not Over Look the Browns.

That being said, the Browns are the type of team that we have to put the choke hold on early and then make tap out. Then once they are out, kick them in the head a few times for good measure. We can not make any mistakes, no Special team gaffes like allowing a TD off a punt or kickoff. No stupid INTs returned to the house or any crap like that. And Damn It, No missed fieldgoals or points left out on the field. We have to jump out early, grab them by the throat, choke the life out of them and watch as their soul slowing leaves their body as we squeeze and laugh in their dying face.

Complete Domination from begining to End, with no let up, no mistakes, no holding penalties on 3rd down conversions or jumping offside when they have the ball 3rd and short. Nothing Stupid. We are clearly the more talented team, however they have beaten us in this exact same situation before. We must not over look the Browns, Ever. I don't care how much they suck. We need to be stronger, in body mind and soul and destroy them on every play killing their will to try. In the end, we should look up with at least a 3 score victory and move forward. Anything less...and I'll be sorely disappointed.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
The Browns are a Rival. Never over look a Rival.

I remember about 15 years ago in the Redskins' Gus Frerotte era and the heyday of the Cowboys when they went something like 4-12, but *SWEPT* the Cowboys that year. They're going to come out swinging, especially if they have confidence.

GitNoLuv
10-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Well, with Hillis, Delhomme and Wallace all hobbled, this shouldn't be much of a contest. It is the NFL...and Any Given Sunday does still apply...but we'd have a much better chance if Hillis and Wallace were both fully healthy and functional this game. Even with you guys getting Big Ben back, our defense does need to be respected (for a change.) They're not dominant in any phase of the game right now...but good enough to make things tough for anyone we face. When healthy.

Dino 6 Rings
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
The Chargers had beaten the Raiders 13 straight times....whooops...how's that egg you're sucking taste San Diego?

Currently the Steelers vs Browns series is at 58-56. Total points for = 2287, Total points against 2268. That's how close this Rivalry is, we have played no other team as often. No One, and I mean No One should take this game lightly.

GitNoLuv
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
The difference is the recent history is on the Steelers side. Until the Browns can win consistently vs the Steelers, it's not a Rivalry...

The old Browns had a rivalry with the Steelers. The new Browns have a series of ass-whoopin's and an occasional competitive game (one of which we won last year.) A win streak of 1-in-a-row isn't really a win streak.

Dino 6 Rings
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Since 2000

The Steelers have missed the playoffs 4 times. In 3 of those years, they lost at least 1 game to the Browns.

The 6 times they made the playoffs, the Steelers beat the Browns in BOTH Games that year.

It is Key to Success for the Steelers to defeat the Browns Twice a year.

solardave
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM

I hear they're thinking about changing their name to the Cleveland Cribbs.

Rodwoodsonwasprettycool
10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
It's a rivalry, rivarlies can be one-sided at times during said rivalry.

Does the fact that Ohio State dominating the past decade against the Wolverqueens make it less of a rivalry? nope.

Browns V. Steelers will always be a rivalry, something like Pittsburgh-Baltimore, won't be in a few years.

Edman
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
The Browns are 1-4, but they have played a lot of teams tough this year.

Their Defense is playing just as well as we are to tell you the truth. Plus they have Josh Cribbs and Peyton Hillis.

They beat us last year, pretty convincingly even though the scores didn't indicate it. I mean they shut us down bad when we were fighting for our playoff lives. That should more than give them confidence. And you know what happens when a rival has confidence. They come at you even harder the next time.

The Browns own a one game win streak and they've held onto it for over a year. They wear it like a badge, and they have a swagger.

O'Malley
10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
The Browns are 1-4, but they have played a lot of teams tough this year.

Their Defense is playing just as well as we are to tell you the truth. Plus they have Josh Cribbs and Peyton Hillis.

They beat us last year, pretty convincingly even though the scores didn't indicate it. I mean they shut us down bad when we were fighting for our playoff lives. That should more than give them confidence. And you know what happens when a rival has confidence. They come at you even harder the next time.

The Browns own a one game win streak and they've held onto it for over a year. They wear it like a badge, and they have a swagger.

Vengence is more powerful. I expect the Steelers to come out swinging. A pissed off D and an offense ready to prove it's worth!

beSteelmyheart
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
The Browns are going to end up ruining Hillis. He's one of the few solid studs that they have but they are already running him into the ground-one guy can only carry a team for so long.

Count Steeler
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm sure Big Ben wants to answer his critics in the best possible way, on the field. I'm looking for him to have a big game, and the O to be as pumped as the D was for the first 3 games.

BigNastyDefense
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
While the Browns have played teams tough. the following things are true for Sunday:

They will be starting either third round rookie draft pick Colt McCoy or just signed off of a practice squad Brett Ratliff.

Peyton Hillis is hobbled and might not play much, especially against the Steelers run defense.

Our defense has Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu back, this defense is playing better than they were during their can't-hold-a-lead 2009 season.

While the Browns defense played decent, they aren't as good as some people give them credit for. Big Ben is back, and he wants to come back with a bang. The Browns' pass defense is going to get burned bad.

SteelerFanInStl
10-11-2010, 06:06 PM
It's time for 60 minutes of payback! :tt02:

GitNoLuv
10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
While the Browns defense played decent, they aren't as good as some people give them credit for. Big Ben is back, and he wants to come back with a bang. The Browns' pass defense is going to get burned bad.

We held Matt Ryan to less than 200 yards passing which is his lowest of the season so far. He was held to 57.1% completion percentage...which was also a season low.

Our Pass defense got burned by TO and Anquan Boldin...but you don't have WR's that are that physically dominant. Hines is good (one of my favorite WRs in the league despite being a hated Steeler)...and there is some young talent behind him on the Depth Chart...but no real game breakers. Don't assume that just because a future HoF (and unfortunately, TO probably does qualify as that) and another guy who could possible contend for that one day did our defense in...that Big Ben will be able to do the same.

O'Malley
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Matt Ryan is no Ben Roethlisberger!

Count Steeler
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
"What is your prediction for this fight?"

"P A I N"

(Mr T as Clubber Lang in Rocky III)

GitNoLuv
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Matt Ryan is no Ben Roethlisberger!

Aye...but he's still a good QB...and their offense is a good offense. We gave up one really big run to their HB...and held everyone in check after that. If not for Delhommes 2INT...it's a totally different ball game. Unfortunately, we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot all season long. Big Ben on the Falcons would make them a much more dangerous team...but I still contend that our defense is good enough to keep the game close. Our defense gave up 13 points to the Falcons. Our offense was rolling til Wallace got hurt. We need him to be healthy...or for McCoy to play like him.

cold-hard-steel
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Whatever gitno,is it any wonder?The game will be played on the field,not on this forum.Steelers are a force to be reckoned with,and one you have to deal with.To me Cleveland ain't no force at all. Anymore,anyway. When thier management takes control in a positve way,and they start to string together some wins in a line,then i will give the credit where it is due. It is only my opinion that the Browneyes suck.I say 31-13 in flavor of the Steelers. Won't even be a close game.

Craic
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Personally, I think the thing worth worrying about... is that the Browns beat us last time we lined up against them, and over the last 5 matchups, we came close to losing or lost 3 out of the last 5 times.

GitNoLuv
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Whatever gitno,is it any wonder?The game will be played on the field,not on this forum.Steelers are a force to be reckoned with,and one you have to deal with.To me Cleveland ain't no force at all. Anymore,anyway. When thier management takes control in a positve way,and they start to string together some wins in a line,then i will give the credit where it is due. It is only my opinion that the Browneyes suck.I say 31-13 in flavor of the Steelers. Won't even be a close game.

I know where the games are played. I'm pointing out certain items to counter those of you who believe it will be an absolute blowout. Even in our losses, this Browns team has played well..and they have played their best game against Division opponents. I'm not predicting a win...and certainly wouldn't be inclined to do so if we were at full health...because history is not on our side. However, what happened last year is every bit as irrelevant as what has happened the past 10. The only reality is what has happened this year...and what will happen on Sunday. Don't be surprised when this Browns defense gets up and hits the Steelers hard in the mouth. Maybe not as hard as the Steelers defense hits our offense...but hard enough. This isn't he same Browns squad from the last 10 years. Less talented than a lot of teams, but every bit as gritty as an AFCN team should be.

steelerdude15
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
We can't sleep on these guys, the king is back, but our defense and offense has to rebound after week four.

O'Malley
10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I know where the games are played. I'm pointing out certain items to counter those of you who believe it will be an absolute blowout. Even in our losses, this Browns team has played well..and they have played their best game against Division opponents. I'm not predicting a win...and certainly wouldn't be inclined to do so if we were at full health...because history is not on our side. However, what happened last year is every bit as irrelevant as what has happened the past 10. The only reality is what has happened this year...and what will happen on Sunday. Don't be surprised when this Browns defense gets up and hits the Steelers hard in the mouth. Maybe not as hard as the Steelers defense hits our offense...but hard enough. This isn't he same Browns squad from the last 10 years. Less talented than a lot of teams, but every bit as gritty as an AFCN team should be.

In your defense GitNo. It will be a battle no doubt. Maybe a closer game then some think I just don't believe Matt Ryan is in the same league as Big Ben that is all I was saying.

SirHulka
10-12-2010, 01:53 AM
I think it's hilarious. You say there is no rivalry? Then why are you talking about payback, when we've lost 12 of the last 13 games?

SMR
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
While the Browns have played teams tough. the following things are true for Sunday:

They will be starting either third round rookie draft pick Colt McCoy or just signed off of a practice squad Brett Ratliff.

Peyton Hillis is hobbled and might not play much, especially against the Steelers run defense.

Our defense has Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu back, this defense is playing better than they were during their can't-hold-a-lead 2009 season.

Dat's right bro, and the title of this thread should read, "Big Ben Has a Bead on the Browns."

CPanther95
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Whelp - they can shove their "bead" up their asses.

The Ben Wa Browns......I like it.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
It is going to be a tough game. If the Steelers allow the game to stay close, and allow the Browns to have any belief they can win it, we are going to be in a dog fight. They better have an answer for that stupid effing WildCat that Cribbs runs, and a reminder to all, Payton Hillis was on the College team that started the Wild Cat as it is called, the Arkansas Razorbacks, he was the Third back in the backfield on that team with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden. If they line up Cribbs With Hillis lined up next to him, then motion a man over, shiiit is going to get silly.

Starting a Rookie against the Steelers usually bodes very Ill for that Rookie. However, didn't a Rookie just help beat the Saints (and cost me fcking money) this past weekend? Isn't there a Rookie QB helping the Rams win some games this season (minus the debacle at Detroit the games have all been close) A Rookie should be easy enough to confuse with a Dick L Defense. However, that also makes me worry they will keep the Playbook simple, and also rely more heavily on the Cribbs Wildcat that KILLED US last season in that second game.

Make no bones about it. They are going to come at Big Ben with mad crazy Blitzes and try to shake his cage early and see if he had enough practice to get his timing down for Game Speed. They are going to show some crazy looks in that secondary too, just like last season when they started to run that nutty 2-3-6 Defense against our Pass Happy offense. That was nuts.

Everyone on the Steelers will need to play lights out to win this game. This Browns team is no pushover. They are going to try to use this game to turn their season around. Coaches jobs are on the line in Cleveland, this is clearly going to be a "statement" game for the Browns.

The Steelers need to get out early, then pile on the points. No sitting on a 10 point or even 14 point lead. I need at least 17 points and prefer a 21 point lead in the 4th before I even get the sniff of a prevent defense.

ALLD
10-12-2010, 04:41 PM
This is the Browns' Super Bowl. They are going down.

cold-hard-steel
10-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I know you at least should know where the games are played.I have memories of you still etched in my mind. When it comes to playing the Steelers you can always expect the "BROWNEYES" to play thier best. What more could you expect from a Steeler fan,waging war against the Leveland Browns? What more could i expect from a "Leveland Browns" fan on a Steeler site? Let's ask Lebron what he thinks of leaving Cleveland.
Tell me where your site is so i can go on and do some Steeler pumping up.A snowball in hell prob has a better chance come this Sun.

GitNoLuv
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I know you at least should know where the games are played.I have memories of you still etched in my mind. When it comes to playing the Steelers you can always expect the "BROWNEYES" to play thier best. What more could you expect from a Steeler fan,waging war against the Leveland Browns? What more could i expect from a "Leveland Browns" fan on a Steeler site? Let's ask Lebron what he thinks of leaving Cleveland.
Tell me where your site is so i can go on and do some Steeler pumping up.A snowball in hell prob has a better chance come this Sun.

I'll hit you with a PM on the sports sites I attend (don't want to get an "advertising" warning from this fine staff!). Memories of me? I didn't think I was all that memorable. Memories of my team? Unfortunately, it's been far more infamy than actual legit fame. The Lebacle hasn't helped things any.

NJarhead
10-12-2010, 07:39 PM

Colt McCoy is going to be starting for them and THEY'RE licking THEIR chops?????

It's a world gone mad I guess.

SMR
10-12-2010, 07:40 PM
This is the Browns' Super Bowl. They are going down.

I thought their Super Bowl was actually the Toilet Bowl. :huh:

SMR
10-12-2010, 07:41 PM
The Ben Wa Browns......I like it.

:rofl2: