PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Loss at Cleveland in '09 bitter

stillers4me
10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Monday, October 11, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/ben1011_330.jpg
Mark Duncan/Associated Press
The Browns sacked Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger eight times in last year's game in Cleveland.

The NFL provided the Steelers a break even as its commissioner suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for the first four games of the season.
The league at least tossed the Steelers a bone by allowing Roethlisberger two weeks to practice before playing his first game, and by making sure he had a soft landing by scheduling the Cleveland Browns at Heinz Field for his comeback.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10284/1094302-66.stm#ixzz122kgtiE9

Count Steeler
10-11-2010, 06:56 AM
I am bitter with the entire '09 season of the Steelers. They looked pretty bad for a long stretch. Losing to Oakland, KC, Cleveland among others. Yeah Polamalu was hurt, but the rest of the D should have showed up for the fourth quarters and the special teams should have practiced some tackling drills.

So far this year seems to have turned around, but this week will be a test of what the team dynamics will be with Big Ben back in the saddle.

stlrtruck
10-11-2010, 07:10 AM
I say end the bitterness and post a shut out with a big ole roll em up score.

BuddhaBus
10-11-2010, 07:11 AM

Here, here! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

polamalubeast
10-11-2010, 07:56 AM
If the Steelers have not had a stupid loss against the Raiders, the Steelers had never made a horrible performance against the Browns.

It was a Thursday game and the Steelers were still in shock from the heartbreaking loss against the Raiders.

zulater
10-11-2010, 10:39 AM
It was pretty bad," Hines Ward said. "Losing to Cleveland is always depressing, not only for this city but the players, too.

"The weather was crazy. It was probably the worst weather game I ever played in."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10284/1094302-66.stm#ixzz1245fYRPm

Yet our offensive game plan was designed as if we were playing in perfect weather conditions.

I know we aren't supposed to say bad things about Arians on this board, and while things don't fall entirely on him, his stupid play calling that day set the tone early. :frusty:

Chidi29
10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
It was pretty bad," Hines Ward said. "Losing to Cleveland is always depressing, not only for this city but the players, too.

"The weather was crazy. It was probably the worst weather game I ever played in."

Yet our offensive game plan was designed as if we were playing in perfect weather conditions.

I know we aren't supposed to say bad things about Arians on this board, and while things don't fall entirely on him, his stupid play calling that day set the tone early. :frusty:

Don't act like we could run the ball that game either. We couldn't do anything on offense. Inept across the board.

Devilsdancefloor
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM

to be honest with you i really think on the first series of the game 3&1 empty set we didnt convert and that set the tone for the whole game. It looked like no one wanted to be there. BA has to take the grunt of the blame for the loss. You would be insane to think other wise. No one ever said you cant say bad things about BA here, BUT when it becomes beating a dead horse if gets old fast. No one seems to say DAMN BA called a great game in denver, BUT he called a hell of a game there.PLUS the oline played a great game there as well.

Carolina Steelers
10-11-2010, 07:58 PM

I agree!!! The game should be well in hand by the middle of the 3rd. I better not be wondering if were going to win with 5 mins left in game. This should be a statement game for us!! If we want to go to Dallas this yr we cant let the Browns hang around with us after half time.

X-Terminator
10-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Where does it say that you could not say bad things about Arians on this board? When have we cracked down on it? Good luck finding it, because we haven't done it. You can say whatever you want about Arians. But you'd better be prepared to be challenged on anything you say.

Butch
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! We were saying the exact same thing last year over at Sal's place. 4th and one and we don't just pass the ball we go empty set WTF??? Not once but twice, I'm screamin at the T.V. and pullin out hair that I have no room to spare.

I'm still frustrated that we have yet to see much of Redman. I like Moore but I wanna see what Redman can do, he seems like a chain mover to me and I don't think I'm alone, and if he's not then we can go back to Moore and I'll admit I'm wrong. Trust me it won't be the 1st time.