PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Chidi29
06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I really hate to bring this up again, but I'm looking for an article regarding Ben.

It was posted shortly after the DA report came out. It was a blog post by some guy (Not a media person) who looked over the DA report and statements made in press conferences and created a post of contradictions and conflicting parts of the accuser's story. I know it floated around, especially on steelersfever, for awhile, but I can't find it. I don't know why I didn't save it then.

I don't want to turn this into a debate. I just want the link for any possible future references.

If anyone could find it for me and post the link, it'd be really appreciated.

By the way, the link is not the one to smokinggun.com. It's a different one.

Prok
06-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I think our friend Zulater has the link. At least I think that's the one youre referring to. Im banned at Sf so I can't look it up for you. Try the Ben thread if you can.

stillers4me
06-03-2010, 05:34 AM
I don't know if this is the one you are looking for, but I have found this one to be the most honest and sensible assessment of the whole situation that I have ever read. I wish I had the guts to post it in the lunch room at work. I need to familiarize myself with it again. It looks like he's made some updates to it.

http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

zulater
06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=9023

I found some usefull information and a good summary in this link as well.

Chidi29
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Prok, I looked at the Ben thread and after a good fifty pages, gave up.

stillers, that's exactly the article. Thanks. I do appreciate it.

Prok
06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Prok, I looked at the Ben thread and after a good fifty pages, gave up.

stillers, that's exactly the article. Thanks. I do appreciate it.

Sorry buddy. If i wasn't banned i would have looked for it there. That just came to mind when you mentioned that article.

Chidi29
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Nah, it's cool. No biggie, just glad I finally found it.

Prok
06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Glad yin'z found the link. I posted it at PlanetSteelers. Hadda put that HeHateMe cat on ignore. Wow what an ass. lol

hawaiiansteeler
06-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Glad yin'z found the link. I posted it at PlanetSteelers. Hadda put that HeHateMe cat on ignore. Wow what an ass. lol

i may need to get a mental evaluation, i have yet to put HeHateMe on ignore for some reason...:drama:

Prok
06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
i may need to get a mental evaluation, i have yet to put HeHateMe on ignore for some reason...:drama:

Eh, you prolly have more patience than me is all. I say good on ya if you can handle his repetitiveness in calling Ben a rapist and whatnot. Just not my cup of tea.

hawaiiansteeler
06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Eh, you prolly have more patience than me is all. I say good on ya if you can handle his repetitiveness in calling Ben a rapist and whatnot. Just not my cup of tea.

not my cup of tea either...i've been around message boards for awhile, i would have to rank him as the biggest idiot i've ever run across and that is not an easy honor to achieve!

Prok
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
not my cup of tea either...i've been around message boards for awhile, i would have to rank him as the biggest idiot i've ever run across and that is not an easy honor to achieve!

LOL
I try not to judge anyone but sometimes in life a person really pushes you. lol

hawaiiansteeler
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
LOL

i tried not to judge him the first 57 times but i finally decided that he was indeed an idiot...i live in a glass house myself so i try hard not to throw stones but that dude is just too much!

stillers4me
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
LOL

I'm really happy to see some PS posters here....but you can keep that one for yourselves. :chuckle:

zulater
06-04-2010, 06:26 AM

This is the way I try to address the idiots who call Ben a rapist. I point out by the first officer on the scene's investigative report on the night of the alleged incident responding to the direct question of , "Were you raped?" the eventual accuser answered, "No." When asked whether she engaged in sex with Ben she answered, "I don't know." By the officer's account her demeanor was "nonchalant". The friends were driving the story.

Now of course this is greatly contradicted by the second day witness accounts, which by now we're all pretty much familiar with. And supposedly the officer has been discredited to some extent so the vast majority of people tend to believe the second day account and ignore the first night accounts as if it were made up fiction. And that is where people make a huge mistake.

By all measures of normal juriprudence Ben should be givent the benifit of the doubt and is entitled to a presumption of innocene by all regardless of how they feel about him. Because this is what i know, and this is why Bright didn't seek charges.

To wit the first night account is much more likely to be true than the second night account because regardless of whatever mistakes the first officer on the scene subsequently made I've never seen anyone indicate that he fabricated the accusers reponses on the night of the alleged incident. I also am quite positive that the officer in question was more than willing to go before God, judge,jury and hostile cross examination and confirm the contents of his report that night was an accurate portrayal of the statements made by and the demeanor of the accuser and her friends.

The accuser wasn't willing to do the same. She wasn't willing to take the stand and address the inconsistencies in her two vastly different accounts of the event. For that and that alone Ben is entitled to the benifit of the doubt by any reasonable minded person.

zulater
06-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Now as to the inevitable " she was paid off" accusation you'll get in reply. First off, if there was a payoff you can bet your last dollar it was the accuser who initiated such a course of action. For Ben's side to make those sort of overtures could have resulted in felony witness tampering charges being levied against him on top of the sexual assault charge. That and his representation could be in for severe sanctions if they were found to be party to it. While out of court settlements are encouraged in civil suits, in cases where felony charges are being pursued it's a major no-no for the accused or the accused's legal team to make any sort of contact with a victim of a violent crime.

So either there's been no settlement, which is my belief, or if there was the so called victim initiated the payoff. So you tell me if you've been violated are you selling your silence? If you're truly a victim of a violent crime shouldn't you seek the incarceration of your attacker first and foremost? After a criminal conviction your chances of winning civil restitution will only increase.

Prok
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Well put Zulater. I choose to ignore him as imo there is no reasoning with him.

Stillers4me: I was with you guys at SF. Now i'm a contributing poster at both this site and PS.

:)

Prok
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Got a link to that site Prok?

PlanetSteelers.com ?

Prok
06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Here ya go Zulater.
http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

zulater
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Here ya go Zulater.
http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

Give me one with a link to a thread with the Ben hater you've referenced.

Prok
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Give me one with a link to a thread with the Ben hater you've referenced.

Ah, Ok gotcha. http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12115&start=270

Only i have him ignored and can't see the posts. I'm sure they are all loaded with ammo tho. lol