PDA

View Full Version : Bouchette on the Steelers: Now, on to the #2 question in town

stillers4me
10-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Considering how injuries can impact a team, it's a question that must be answered.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201010/20101010_bouchette_500.jpg
Peter Diana and Matt Freed/Post-Gazette

Byron Leftwich: No. 2 of the future. Charlie Batch: No. 2 of the present.

OK, Ben Roethlisberger is back. Now who is the No. 2 quarterback? Charlie Batch or Byron Leftwich?

Batch started the past two games and finished the final three quarters of the season's second game. Leftwich, groomed all spring and summer to start the season in Roethlisberger's absence, has not played a down in the regular season because of his sprained MCL.

It has been more than five weeks since that injury occurred on Sept. 2 and Leftwich served as the No. 2 quarterback the past two games behind Batch. If Leftwich is healthy, will Mike Tomlin move him past Batch into No. 2?...............

Be very quiet ...
What does a three-time Pro Bowl linebacker do when given a three-day weekend off during the season? If you are James Harrison, you relax by ... by ... by ...

"I am going to go and hunt a bison," Harrison said..........

A resounding 'no' to 18 games
The players made their point loud and clear during their meeting with their union leader Wednesday: No 18-game schedule...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10283/1093726-66.stm#ixzz11xPAT2Lt

Galax Steeler
10-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I think it will be Batch the way he has played this year there is no reason why he shouldn't be.

SteelerFanInStl
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I think it will be Batch the way he has played this year there is no reason why he shouldn't be.

Why? Charlie had one decent game out of the almost 3 games he played and in that game he had less than 200 yds passing. We have absolutely no passing game with Charlie in there. I'm no big fan of Lefty but at least he can throw the ball.

Carolina Steelers
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Why? Charlie had one decent game out of the almost 3 games he played and in that game he had less than 200 yds passing. We have absolutely no passing game with Charlie in there. I'm no big fan of Lefty but at least he can throw the ball.

I agree Charlie had 1 decent game against the Bucs 3 TD passes but 2 of them were under thrown and should have been picked. I perfer Lefty

steelerdude15
10-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I believe Batch should have the number two spot.

steeldawg
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I agree i think charlie was ok but not a guy you want to trot on the field from week to week if theres an injury.

Merchant
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow... My new favorite James Harrison quote.. "I am going out to hunt a Bison..." GOLD DEEBO!

HometownGal
10-11-2010, 05:40 AM
I agree Charlie had 1 decent game against the Bucs 3 TD passes but 2 of them were under thrown and should have been picked. I perfer Lefty

This. ^ :thumbsup:

Lefty is a viable backup to Ben on a consistent basis. I don't feel Batch is. Batch wasn't terrible in the almost 3 games he played but I still get the shudders every time he steps on the field. When Dixon comes back, one of the 3 is going to get a pink slip and I don't believe it will be Lefty or Dixon, but who knows?

stlrtruck
10-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Which ever one of the two is the healthiest. That's my choice