PDA

View Full Version : Suspension allowed Roethlisberger to focus on mechanics

stillers4me
10-10-2010, 07:06 AM
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Sunday, October 10, 2010

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2010-10-09/BenGrins-a.jpg
Ben Roethlisberger, shown here enjoying his recent return to Steelers practices, trained with George Whitfield Jr. as many as four days a week at Hampton High School while serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

If Ben Roethlisberger's transition from football exile to the football field proves to be a relatively seamless one, the Steelers quarterback may have to credit a rake.

Yes, a rake.

Avoiding a swinging one is one of many drills that Roethlisberger took part in over the four-plus weeks he wasn't allowed to practice with the Steelers or play in any games.
How much his work with a personal quarterbacks coach sharpened Roethlisberger's game will ultimately be determined by, well, the games.

But Roethlisberger returned to practice last week armed with the confidence that he will be ready for his season debut next Sunday when the Browns visit Heinz Field.
"I feel like my feet are a lot faster and quicker," Roethlisberger said, "and I feel like the ball's getting out of my hand quicker."...........

read more.....http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_703639.html

Galax Steeler
10-10-2010, 07:30 AM
If he has a quicker release then he will be hell on wheels. Maybe he can hit Wallace in stride now.

stillers4me
10-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Anybody else think that the rest of the league are going to wish that the NFL had never punished Ben Roelisberger?

SMR
10-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Whooo hooooo! Let Robo-Roth roll!

http://i51.tinypic.com/4h7gnt.jpg

He would be unstoppable!

SMR
10-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Anybody else think that the rest of the league are going to wish that the NFL had never punished Ben Roelisberger?

That would be....

revenge.is.a.dish.best.served.cold. :yup:

siss
10-10-2010, 08:25 AM
See Ben.
See Ben get in trouble.
Bad Ben.

See Roger
See Roger get mad at Ben.
See Roger suspend Ben.
Bad Ben.

See Ben get raked over the coals.
See Ben get kicked.
See Ben get kicked some more.
See the media poor salt in Bens wounds.

See George.
See George train Ben.
See Ben get stronger.
See Ben get bigger.
Go Ben go.
Good Ben.

Watch out NFL. He's back on the 17th.

MULLDOG24
10-10-2010, 09:40 AM
If he has a quicker release then he will be hell on wheels. Maybe he can hit Wallace in stride now.
Agreed!! I to hope Ben has a little better arm strength and quicker release.

memphissteelergirl
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
See Ben.
See Ben get in trouble.
Bad Ben.

See Roger
See Roger get mad at Ben.
See Roger suspend Ben.
Bad Ben.

See Ben get raked over the coals.
See Ben get kicked.
See Ben get kicked some more.
See the media poor salt in Bens wounds.

See George.
See George train Ben.
See Ben get stronger.
See Ben get bigger.
Go Ben go.
Good Ben.

Watch out NFL. He's back on the 17th.

Hehe...that's cute. :)

SteelerSal
10-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Reading this article makes me all the more believe that Ben finally gets it and is taking being an adult and franchice qb seriously.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
We can rebuild him. Bigger, faster, stronger.

O'Malley
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM

We have the technology

siss
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Big Ben high sat on a wall
Big Ben had a great fall
All the Steelers horses
and all the Steelers Men
Had to put Big Ben together
again.

BnG_Hevn
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
He has all off-season and training camp and it took a four game suspension to work on mechanics?????????

Count Steeler
10-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Let's keep it real here. I am expecting a good game from Ben, but let's remember this is the NFL and there are some good teams out there. Fortunately, he gets to get the rust out with the Browns. There is no substitute for games. Rakes, training, etc. are good, but he needs game reps to get his licks in.

stillers4me
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
He has all off-season and training camp and it took a four game suspension to work on mechanics?????????
Be realistic. After the season, players need some time for their bodies to heal. Ben did work with this trainer over the summer, but seldom if ever, do they get the opportunity he got to take 4 weeks and hammer out some of his problem areas one on one with an expert, and then jump right into playing games. I'm sure guys like this have to limit their time with clients over the summer because they are in greater demand then. Ben took a bad situation and turned into a blessing.

O'Malley
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Be realistic. After the season, players need some time for their bodies to heal. Ben did work with this trainer over the summer, but seldom if ever, do they get the opportunity he got to take 4 weeks and hammer out some of his problem areas one on one with an expert, and then jump right into playing games. I'm sure guys like this have to limit their time with clients over the summer because they are in greater demand then. Ben took a bad situation and turned into a blessing.

nice post. agree 100%.

siss
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
He took some really bitter tasting lemons and made a lovely meringue pie and some sweet lemon-aide!

memphissteelergirl
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
He took some really bitter tasting lemons and made a lovely meringue pie and some sweet lemon-aide!

MMMMMMMM.....Pie! :hungry:

memphissteelergirl
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

:chuckle::chuckle:

tube517
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Ok, I feel old now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

:chuckle::chuckle:

CPanther95
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Mechanics, plumbers, electricians - I don't care. Anything that keeps his focus off of college girls is a good thing.