PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Obama and this "needing hand-to-hand combat" statement ...

BnG_Hevn
10-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Apparently he made a remark about how Reps would need hand-to-hand combat to reverse any of the policies enacted by Dems.

He goes on to, basically beg, black voters to get out in strong numbers, assuming they'd support him.

I saw it on Fox last night and I googled it too, here is the first link in the google search. Although it is biased towards reps, I think the core message must be accurate.

Is this taken out of context? I can't imagine him being so stupid as to say that. Well, I guess I can imagine it, but would never have thought it.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/theanchoress/2010/10/07/obama-hand-to-hand-combat/

BnG_Hevn
10-09-2010, 08:16 AM
This text seems to consistent

A Republican majority in Congress would mean “hand-to-hand combat” on Capitol Hill for the next two years, threatening policies Democrats have enacted to stabilize the economy, President Obama warned Wednesday…

Obama called into Baisden’s show, syndicated to 71 radio stations in 21 states, as part of his effort to rally core Democratic constituencies with less than four weeks before the election. Although his campaign itinerary is limited by sagging approval ratings in key states, Obama is making a more-targeted effort focused on supportive venues like Baisden’s show.

“Everybody in the barbershops, the beauty shops, and at work — everybody’s got to understand: This is a huge election,” he said. “If we turn out in strong numbers, then we will do fine. If we do not, if we are depressed and decide, well, you know, Barack’s not running right now, so I’m just going to stay home, then I’m going to have my hands full up here on Capitol Hill.”

and this ...

So the best arena for Obama to execute his plans may be his own branch of government. That means more executive orders, more use of the bully pulpit, and more deployment of his ample regulatory powers and the wide-ranging rulemaking authority of his Cabinet members…

One area of likely administration action is climate change. Legislation curbing emissions that cause global warming is stalled in Congress. Such efforts have a goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions to 17% below 2005 levels over the next decade.

The Obama administration does not think it can achieve the same reductions through regulation alone. Nonetheless, the Environmental Protection Agency is determined to use its regulatory power under the Clean Air Act to begin lowering emissions, in the absence of congressional action.

Wallace108
10-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Obama talks about hand-to-hand combat. Biden threatens to strangle Republicans. ... It just keeps getting better and better.

7SteelGal43
10-09-2010, 10:13 AM
wow. looks like if you're a conservative republican in this country, better take your self defense classes now.

LLT
10-09-2010, 10:37 AM
... "if we are depressed and decide, well, you know, Barack’s not running right now, so I’m just going to stay home."

Wow...someone hasnt been reading the polls....or is in a SERIOUS state of denial.